Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Prisma Setup [HD] - page 2. (Read 16970 times)

legendary
Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000
Dogie, I've compiled with --enableblockerupter

Code:
 cgminer version 4.6.1 - Started: [2015-03-16 12:02:25]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):0.000 (1m):0.000 (5m):0.000 (15m):0.000 (avg):0.000h/s
 A:0  R:0  HW:0  WU:0.0/m
 Connected to stratum.bitcoin.cz diff 8 with stratum as user neo158.lento
 Block: 963ef900...  Diff:47.4G  Started: [12:02:25]  Best share: 0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [U]SB management [P]ool management [S]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 [2015-03-16 12:02:24] Started cgminer 4.6.1
 [2015-03-16 12:02:24] No devices detected!
 [2015-03-16 12:02:24] Waiting for USB hotplug devices or press q to quit
 [2015-03-16 12:02:24] Probing for an alive pool
 [2015-03-16 12:02:25] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 32
 [2015-03-16 12:02:25] Network diff set to 47.4G
 [2015-03-16 12:02:53] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 8
 [2015-03-16 12:02:53] Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2015-03-16 12:02:53] Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart

I keep getting this, and no usb devices attached, can see the USB with list all devices
Code:
Select an option or any other key to return
Bus 1 Device 4 ID: 10c4:ea60 Silicon Labs CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller inactive
1 total known USB device
Hotplug interval:5
0 USB devices, 0 enabled, 0 disabled, 0 zombie
[S]ummary of device information
[E]nable device
[D]isable device
[U]nplug to allow hotplug restart
[R]eset device USB
[L]ist all known devices
[B]lacklist current device from current instance of cgminer
[W]hitelist previously blacklisted device
[H]otplug interval (0 to disable)
Code:
Hotplug interval:5
0 USB devices, 0 enabled, 0 disabled, 0 zombie
[S]ummary of device information
[E]nable device
[D]isable device
[U]nplug to allow hotplug restart
[R]eset device USB
[L]ist all known devices
[B]lacklist current device from current instance of cgminer
[W]hitelist previously blacklisted device
[H]otplug interval (0 to disable)
But it wont detect a miner .. any help?

Thats using a raspberry pi with raspbian.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
If none of the resellers or anyone has an ASICMiner stock USB adapter, contact novak (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/unofficial-usb-adapters-for-asicminer-tubeprisma-882348) whose adapters work just as well.

The USB adapter will connect Prismas or Tubes to any USB-host device (RPi, laptop, whatever) for use with standard cgminer.
legendary
Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000
Dogie, can i use the USB-adapter to connect it to raspberry pi and mine directly with cgminer on it? Also where can i get this controller, i mean this USB-adapter from your photo?
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
You might consider hitting it with a bat.

A little unorthodox, sure. But you never know.

can't seem to find a bat.. pipe wrench ok?
legendary
You might consider hitting it with a bat.

A little unorthodox, sure. But you never know.
If that's an old-version BE controller (I think they fixed it on the one shipping with Prisma 2.0 now?) the stratum implementation is severely hosed and it won't work with most pools. What version controller are you using, and what pool?

slush.
I have two prismas on hand. and my BE controller OR raspberry PI work fine on the other prisma...... (we'll just say prisma1 works fine)
but prisma2... boards will all register OK
but none of them will "mine" performance just reads 000 ....

doing an individual board test to troubleshoot.... all boards individual won't perform either.... but they register just fine....

changed settings on pool to minimum difficulty 2048 (just to troubleshoot) - still no PRF..

^^^ above testing was all done on slush pool

(mind you that prisma1 runs fine on slush pool)

He had a capacitor knocked off, which when he taped it down again got the entire board back up. Inspect your Prisma for physical damage. If you can't repair or solder it, bypass that board for now.

Thank you for replies sidehack and Dogie.

I had noticed that ONE capicator post was bent back (only connected by a single connection 1/2). Possibly from shipping. So while it was in that state, none of the boards would show up on the BE controller (supposed to show 8 boards. So I went into troubleshoot mode; taped down that one capacitator (very carefully). Used tape (after testing on multimeter) incase I had to replace the capcitator itself. So the troubleshoot was success and after taping; all boards showed up on BE controller.

Then I affixed it using epoxy (very slight amount, just enough to keep it from moving around at all).

So now all boards will register. All 8.

I see no other physical discrepancies upon careful inspection.

The previous capacitor installed just like the rest; I can't even find it now; it blends in.

So all boards register; and I've been constantly troubleshooting software.. dip switches etc etc.

the PERF (performance) section on BE Controller will never go above 000

In other words it won't actually START mining.

Some thing I've tried....

1) mimicing the setting on Prisma that does work (identical dip switch configuration, same PSU, same pool, miner settings, freq, etc.)
 - still 000

2) using a different dip switch setting as per the chart.

3) isolating every board 1 by 1 (as standalone operators); the individual boards will register; but still 000 PERF.

4) tested on Raspberry PI with Minera.

Any other idea's? I'm very open to trying anything to get this Prisma to work..
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Think there's a capacitor knocked off each board? Every one doesn't work even when tested individually, according to his last reply.

No, the other guy's problem was ONE knocked off capacitor causing the entire chain to not mine.
legendary
Think there's a capacitor knocked off each board? Every one doesn't work even when tested individually, according to his last reply.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
If that's an old-version BE controller (I think they fixed it on the one shipping with Prisma 2.0 now?) the stratum implementation is severely hosed and it won't work with most pools. What version controller are you using, and what pool?

slush.
I have two prismas on hand. and my BE controller OR raspberry PI work fine on the other prisma...... (we'll just say prisma1 works fine)

doing an individual board test to troubleshoot.... all boards individual won't perform either.... but they register just fine....

changed settings on pool to minimum difficulty 2048 (just to troubleshoot) - still no PRF..

He had a capacitor knocked off, which when he taped it down again got the entire board back up. Inspect your Prisma for physical damage. If you can't repair or solder it, bypass that board for now.
legendary
That's pretty strange for all boards independently to not work. DIP switch settings on the boards are correct? If I'm remembering right, the switch settings should all be <16.

slush.

legendary
Hello I have a problem with an PRISMA it will not start hashing by any means.
I have 2 prismas one of them is HASING with no problems, they are connected to a controller.
I tried connecting only 1 by 1, the other will not start hashing.
The controller sees all boards, all chips are fine it just won't start hashing.
any solutions ?

Having same problem as vortexz....

did you ever get a solution on this vortexz?

Anyone else got ideas to fix this?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Added dip switch position picture from the Prisma guide to the troubleshooting section.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Minera will pick up Prisma2; but no hash rate. However, current shares seem to accumulate.

One other thing. If I connect Prisma2 to only the BE Controller; all boards will register (shows 8 boards total)
It even shows them as mining at about 1500 Gh/s; which is what leads me to believe that this is some kind of configuration error.

I'm unsure why this would happen, or what Minera is trying to do in the background. The simplest solution is to pick up another BE controller from ebay, they're pretty cheap. Then run Prisma2 off it @ 240MHz as if its being temperamental, lets just give it what it wants.
Do you really only have 1 BE controller and 1 USB adapter between 3 units?

Yes,

1 BE Controller, and 1 Raspberry PI.

for 3 miners:

1 AsicTube, and 2 Prisma's

The configuration is supposed to be

BE Controller for the AsicTube and RBPi for the two Prisma's.
However, haven't completed that setup 100% as I've just been troubleshooting since I received the Prisma's

Prisma1 and AsicTube function as they should.
It's Prisma2 that I'm having trouble getting to function properly. (could just be user error, which I hope it is)

Prisma1 will register and operate as single operator on RBPi (nothing daisy chained)
difficulty on Bitminter set to 2048
Dip switch settings as follows: (using these setting here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=795477.220)

12345 ---- setting 11,12,9,10
XOXOX
OOXOX
XXXOX
OXXOX

If I were to add Prisma2 as daisy chain on that setup as
Dip switch settings:

12345 ---- setting 8,5,7,6
OOOXX
XXOXX
XOOXX
OXOXX

Then; Minera will report no Hashing speed. I think Minera will detect miner, and it will even function up to about 1500 Gh/s, but will only operate as Prisma1 because if both were functioning it should register up to about 3000 Gh/s.

So when I got home from work today; I know that Prisma1 will work and I know the setting.
So I configured Prisma2 with same dip switch setting as Prisma1 and tried running Prisma2 by itself (no daisy chain).
Minera will pick up Prisma2; but no hash rate. However, current shares seem to accumulate.

One other thing. If I connect Prisma2 to only the BE Controller; all boards will register (shows 8 boards total)
It even shows them as mining at about 1500 Gh/s; which is what leads me to believe that this is some kind of configuration error.

Thank you in advance for all suggestions or solution on how I can get this miner operational!
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Soldering is easier than you think on capacitors with pins flayed like that and nice big contacts. You just need to get a small dab of solder on each side.

Perhaps I will revisit that; if current solution doesn't hold in place.

So far the capacitator is being help in place with some epoxy material; and the boards are registering. If I use BE controller only for that Prisma; then all boards appear now (on that Stratum page).

They even show that they are mining at about 1500 gh/s total..

However, I'm pretty sure my configuration is correct for my pool etc; and the pool (Bitminter) will continue to show 0 gh/s while the miner shows otherwise (on Stratum).

I've also tried configuring without BE controller as a daisy chain on the other Prisma (RPI - Minera). The primary miner will pick up on Minera even though they are daisy chained; all unique dip switch settings. The most it will perform at is about 1500 gh/s (or the performance of one Prisma); should be around 3000+ gh/s..

Do you really only have 1 BE controller and 1 USB adapter between 3 units?

Soldering is easier than you think on capacitors with pins flayed like that and nice big contacts. You just need to get a small dab of solder on each side.

Perhaps I will revisit that; if current solution doesn't hold in place.

So far the capacitator is being help in place with some epoxy material; and the boards are registering. If I use BE controller only for that Prisma; then all boards appear now (on that Stratum page).

They even show that they are mining at about 1500 gh/s total..

However, I'm pretty sure my configuration is correct for my pool etc; and the pool (Bitminter) will continue to show 0 gh/s while the miner shows otherwise (on Stratum).

I've also tried configuring without BE controller as a daisy chain on the other Prisma (RPI - Minera). The primary miner will pick up on Minera even though they are daisy chained; all unique dip switch settings. The most it will perform at is about 1500 gh/s (or the performance of one Prisma); should be around 3000+ gh/s..
legendary
dogiecoin.com
So then I turned off machine, now working on a more permenant solution.
Soldering option, but never taken apart Prisma before and dont wanna damage anything.

Will one BE controller host more than one miner? (not referring to daisy chain here)

No
There are 3 inputs for the white cables.
I know I can run one miner with the input closest to the ethernet.

Will one BE controller host more than one miner? (not referring to daisy chain here)
Pages:
Jump to: