Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] How To Create Vanity Address (Segwit) - page 2. (Read 1815 times)

Activity: 891
Merit: 43
Random coins :)
Has anybody tried VanitySearch 1.15 , I kept getting access denied when trying to create a Vanity Address after using this code >> E:\Vanity>vanitysearch.exe -stop -o save.txt 3XXX <<< even after running CMD as an administrator  Huh

FYI reverting back to Version 1.14 seems to run without a problem  Roll Eyes,Am I doing something wrong or version 1.15 is bugged?

I guess the old saying of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is what am looking at atm.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 7410
Crypto Swap Exchange
Are this for x64 windows, correct?
You know how to fix my problem?, got error when to star running
The program can't start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem

Same here.

Looks like you guys didn't install Visual C++ Redistributable Packages / it's corrupted, you can download it at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
AFAIK you need to download 2015 or 2012 version.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1972
Crypto Swap Exchange
~
Same here.
Activity: 646
Merit: 102
http://Moonbet.io
~
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 6618
Currently not much available - see my websitelink
I've just tried vanitygen P2SH and 3R2c works:

Code:
vanitygen -F script 3R2c
Difficulty: 86484
Pattern: 3R2c
P2SHAddress: 3R2cNJdWKc2zLt26wq2NdaUCgRCgqdDViK
Address: 1HwqDVMCpVJULBeYpzbLNYs6L87MN7YG3x
Privkey: 5KWRuPLBsrSAoPFJqSrVuf9XYGxtfWo4S9wcPj3Zj67u4oTpN39

did you just generate an address from vanitygen?
Yes, I created the address 3R2cNJdWKc2zLt26wq2NdaUCgRCgqdDViK from vanitygen, you just need to add -F script for the command.

as i know that vanitygen don't support segwit address yet
That's true, but the address from vanitygen isn't SegWit, it's just a simple P2SH (pay to script hash) address. Nested SegWit are P2SH-P2WPKH and that's not possible to create from vanitygen. 
But both addresses, P2SH (non-segwit) and P2SH-P2WPKH (segwit) are starting with 3...

Here's some reference to the original vanitygen discussion:

I'm not sure what the requirements are exactly, but this works:
Code:
./vanitygen -F script 333333
Difficulty: 264104224
Pattern: 333333                                                               
P2SHAddress: 333333dirmCEYVJGZavhjt2fmWL15boJYx
Address: 12ZEW67DZX9LP1rNQq6bSnw1mnkemKvo6H
Privkey: 5J48B7JDChgvAUGPA5p6yvjwZtyFufJizc6jFSci6Jwu9KzQdFh

Only CPU though, and no bc1-address. Using non-native SegWit feels a bit like a 50% solution.

This is not "non-native SegWit" address, is it?
This is just a standard non-segwit P2SH address, right? (non-segwit multi-signature address)
Since this is not a segwit P2SH-P2WPKH address, then it won't save us on tx size and fee
Activity: 882
Merit: 595

Code:
vanitygen -F script 3R2c

did you just generate an address from vanitygen? as i know that vanitygen don't support segwit address yet
legendary
I guess you tried to create a nested SegWit address like 3roosbit or 3roos, right?
For nested SegWit your second character needs to be uppercase like 3Roosbit or 3Roos. If the second character after 3.. is lowercase the creation doesn't work.
I believe 3R... prefix is not possible, possible prefix is only up to 3N...
I've asked this in vanitygen thread awhile ago and someone answered like this

3r is out of range, 3N is the highest possible prefix, 123456789ABCDEFGHJKLMNPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijkmnopqrstuvwxyz.

It is not about impossible sequence, address is a number in some range which is encoded using using Base58 coding.

Code:
./vanitygen -F script -C BTC 3r
Generating BTC Address
Prefix '3r' not possible

edit: I think I was misinformed about the possible prefix Embarrassed
it is possible to find 3R..., but not possible for 3Ro... because the range is up to 3R2c as mentioned by roosbit
Yeah, thanks for the heads-up 3Roosbit won't work unfortunately. Close to it but out of the range  Undecided

Code:
vanitygen -F script 3R2c
Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
I guess you tried to create a nested SegWit address like 3roosbit or 3roos, right?
For nested SegWit your second character needs to be uppercase like 3Roosbit or 3Roos. If the second character after 3.. is lowercase the creation doesn't work.
I believe 3R... prefix is not possible, possible prefix is only up to 3N...
I've asked this in vanitygen thread awhile ago and someone answered like this

3r is out of range, 3N is the highest possible prefix, 123456789ABCDEFGHJKLMNPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijkmnopqrstuvwxyz.

It is not about impossible sequence, address is a number in some range which is encoded using using Base58 coding.

Code:
./vanitygen -F script -C BTC 3r
Generating BTC Address
Prefix '3r' not possible

edit: I think I was misinformed about the possible prefix Embarrassed
it is possible to find 3R..., but not possible for 3Ro... because the range is up to 3R2c as mentioned by roosbit
legendary
-snip-
So sad that I can't create bc1qmiau...  Cry
How about this: bc1qml4uujfkgcd7pfzvsukvs9v78l8jh8htea7pjj or bc1qmlauptfw2yhhzaj6pqr2dqt6g409g88x7ytt4a

use lowercase of (L)
Yes, looks like it's indeed possible. Lowercase L (l) seems to be allowed in native SegWit while it's not allowed in Legacy and nested SegWit addresses. I'm confused, it's quite easy to confuse an lowercase l and an uppercase I.  Cheesy

nice tutorial managed to create my first vanity segwit address Grin

Unfortunately could not get something close to my name because of the (Unreachable, 31h1 to 3R2c only)"

thought the restriction was for these characters>>" 0, O, I and l are not allowed"

Anyway, now just playing around with this trying to find me some cool address Grin
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 7410
Crypto Swap Exchange
i made a bech32 key with vanitysearch and imported the wif into bitcoin-qt 0.18.0 but it ends up giving me the old style with the 1 prefix.  i have bech32 enabled as default in the options; if i let the wallet generate a random key for me it is bech32.  so how to import a key as bech32 ?
you must import the private key full like "p2wpkh-p2sh:5priv.key" or "p2wpkh:5priv.key"
AFAIK this will only work with Electrum.
Have you tried this prefix method with Bitcoin-qt or Bitcoin Core?

You just need remove the prefix which indicate address type (p2pkh, p2sh, p2wpkh-p2sh, p2wpkh or p2wph) if you want import private key generated from vanitygen to Bitcoin Core
i made a bech32 key with vanitysearch and imported the wif into bitcoin-qt 0.18.0 but it ends up giving me the old style with the 1 prefix.  i have bech32 enabled as default in the options; if i let the wallet generate a random key for me it is bech32.  so how to import a key as bech32 ?
you must import the private key full like "p2wpkh-p2sh:5priv.key" or "p2wpkh:5priv.key"

i saw someone who using bitcoin core or Bitcoin-qt and doing this and his address added into their wallet
the steps below

It's possible, you just need to use importprivkey command on Bitcoin Core console. I've tried it with example from private key and i got correct address.

• Import private key (and rescan blockchain)

Code:
importprivkey L2qvghanHHov914THEzDMTpAyoRmxo7Rh85FLE9oKwYUrycWqudp

• Import private key, giving label to the address and skip scanning blockchain to find all transaction correlated to theaddress

Code:
importprivkey L37xBVcFGeAZ9Tii7igqXBWmfiBhiwwiKQmchNXPV2LNREXQDLCp "Main address" false
Activity: 891
Merit: 43
Random coins :)
nice tutorial managed to create my first vanity segwit address Grin

Unfortunately could not get something close to my name because of the (Unreachable, 31h1 to 3R2c only)"

thought the restriction was for these characters>>" 0, O, I and l are not allowed"

Anyway, now just playing around with this trying to find me some cool address Grin
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
Native SegWit (bc1q...) has some more "restrictions" and in addition to O, 0, I and l the letters / numbers 1 (except the 1 in bc1q), b, i and o won't work. So sad that I can't create bc1qmiau...  Cry
What an unfortunate, can't create even mine as bc1qbL4nk for native but will do on nested one.
Activity: 17
Merit: 7
ok i figured out how to import bech32 in the core client.

-walletimplicitsegwit
       Support segwit when restoring wallet backups and importing keys
       (default: 0)

if you use that commandline option and import the normal wif as usual it will give you the bech32 pubkey, though when i go to the "receiving keys" window it lists all 3 possibilities, a key with a 1 prefix, another key with a 3 prefix, and the actual bech32 key i am after.  might not be a way to stop it from doing that.. is kind of annoying but whatever
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
i tried all the things suggested here and nothing worked.  addwitnessaddress command doesnt exist in bitcoin-qt, the electrum script in the other thread just returns p2pkh: prefix to the same private key, and bitcoin-qt does not recognize either p2wpkh: or p2pkh:

maybe it just wont work until a future version of bitcoin-qt
As per post as suggested that it needs a good PC for this to work out. Maybe your PC does not compatible in creating a btc vanity address or try checking the steps again and double check if it has being done correctly. There are times that process might not be followed like forgetting a tiny details in the process.
Activity: 17
Merit: 7
i tried all the things suggested here and nothing worked.  addwitnessaddress command doesnt exist in bitcoin-qt, the electrum script in the other thread just returns p2pkh: prefix to the same private key, and bitcoin-qt does not recognize either p2wpkh: or p2pkh:

maybe it just wont work until a future version of bitcoin-qt
Activity: 728
Merit: 1005
BountyPortal Supporter & Hhampuz is my manager
Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
i made a bech32 key with vanitysearch and imported the wif into bitcoin-qt 0.18.0 but it ends up giving me the old style with the 1 prefix.  i have bech32 enabled as default in the options; if i let the wallet generate a random key for me it is bech32.  so how to import a key as bech32 ?
do this: addwitnessaddress yourOldStyle1PrefixAddress
it should return the bech32 address as a result, which indicates address has been imported successfully
i made a bech32 key with vanitysearch and imported the wif into bitcoin-qt 0.18.0 but it ends up giving me the old style with the 1 prefix.  i have bech32 enabled as default in the options; if i let the wallet generate a random key for me it is bech32.  so how to import a key as bech32 ?

Try this guide: [GUIDE] Importing Electrum Segwit Private Key Into Bitcoin Core (And Vice Versa)

I just try it but it does not work, i try using electrum 3.3.6 and i got this responds back Traceback (most recent call last):

I haven't tried it yet with Bitcoin-qt or Bitcoin Core because i don't use it
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

Try this guide: [GUIDE] Importing Electrum Segwit Private Key Into Bitcoin Core (And Vice Versa)
Pages:
Jump to: