Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide]: How to disable signatures without using scripts - page 2. (Read 627 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 155
I already officially mentioned your topic there:
Today, a new guide topic published by CryptopreneurBrainboss
[Guide]: How to disable signatures without using scripts

I tried to search for available topics on this issue, because I remembered that I already read it somewhere.
I guess that it come from Jet Cash's post, not topic, so it's hard to find it.
Unfortunately, I could not find old topics on the issue (maybe I missed something).

If there is actually no available topic, this newest one might helpful.
Anyway, thank you so much because your topic is very helpful for someone who have not known how to disable signature's display.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 4265
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
But if you don't like signatures ads in general and you want to block them all, the forum has a solution.

@bitmover Ihat's why I have to make it clear in my OP,  I know there are few people who don't like seeing signature campaigns so I'm letting them know the forum has a solution for me.

Although signatures don't totally portal a poster rightly. for example I know of some users wearing a paid signature campaign when they aren't accepted in the campaign, other possible using bought accounts just to get paid.  Also some few decent posters settle down for altcoin bounty which they believe in or part of the company.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
I got so used to signatures that they somehow tell me a lot about the poster wearing them. I like to see them.

Shitposters are mostly using token signatures from projects that are completely unknown to me. Those I just ignore.

Sometimes I see respectable members using interesting signatures, from projects that are unknown to me. Those are the projects worth checking out. Some of those projects may turn out to be a scams, such as Ethereum Vision that I discovered some other day (I discoreved it from a forum signature). But others may be interesting and worth checking out.
Activity: 210
Merit: 19
This information isn't a new one [although most new users don't know about it), it has been on the forum for quite some time now but due to the fact most users don't take time to browser through their profile sittings must have cause them to miss it.
This has to be the obvious reason,I actually didn't feel forum members were allowed to block signatures from their view except of course in boards such as the ivory tower or the serious discussion section were advertisements are not tolerated in any way
I have to commend you for this post,as it's added knowledge to those Like myself who didn't know of this feature.
Nice work OP
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 4265
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
Signatures take up space and many members have been discourage from visting some boards like (Bitcoin/Altcoin discussion) so they won't have to see all those spammy signature ads.
I see many thread on using scripts (Adblock) to disable signatures although some scripts have some special features like blocking only signatures related to icos etc. But if you don't like signatures ads in general and you want to block them all, the forum has a solution.

This information isn't a new one [although most new users don't know about it), it has been on the forum for quite some time now but due to the fact most users don't take time to browser through their profile sittings must have cause them to miss it.

Step [1]: Click on profile (we all know where we can find this).

Step [2]: Click on the "Look and Layout Preferences" setting as seen in the image below. (This section allows you to customize the look and layout of the forum)

Step [3]: Tick the "Don't show users' signatures" box as seen in the image above.

Step [4]: Finally, click change profile (buttom right of your screen) to save your current profile settings.

Preview: This is how your screen will look like after following the steps above.

Pages:
Jump to: