Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] How to get genuine windows 10 ISO and why? - page 2. (Read 469 times)

Activity: 1764
Merit: 881
Or... you can just not activate your Windows and keep using it for free. They let you do that. The only con is that there will be a watermark at the bottom-right corner of the screen telling you to activate it, but everything will work fine and you will have the real Windows installed. Or just use Linux.

using a pirated version or buying a key of this type is the same thing.
It really isn't. Even if you use an ilegal key, you are using it in a Windows trusted ISO. The whole point of not using pirated Windows is not to "do the right thing", but to not download an infected cracked Windows.

Because of that I wrote "for microsoft" before that sentence. In this case, I just wanted to say that if it is a company, this tip is not valid because it can give problems in an eventual inspection by microsoft.

Of course, if you don't mind "being right", activating via a key is better for you than activating via crack.
Activity: 58
Merit: 6
░N░A░N░N░U░
Thank You so much,
Now I'm downloading windows10 by following your amazing method.

Before I saw your post I used Media Creation Tools to create Windows 10 bootable pendrive.
It is often time consuming and troublesome, now, I'm happy to use your method.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
Or... you can just not activate your Windows and keep using it for free. They let you do that. The only con is that there will be a watermark at the bottom-right corner of the screen telling you to activate it, but everything will work fine and you will have the real Windows installed. Or just use Linux.

using a pirated version or buying a key of this type is the same thing.
It really isn't. Even if you use an ilegal key, you are using it in a Windows trusted ISO. The whole point of not using pirated Windows is not to "do the right thing", but to not download an infected cracked Windows.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
The terms of Windows 10 OEM are these (at least it’s the versión I found around):
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Useterms/OEM/Windows/10/UseTerms_OEM_Windows_10_English.htm

But I also found this:
https://devicepartner.microsoft.com/en-us/communications/comm-windows-system-builder-licensing-for-personal-use

Looking around some MS forums, and specifically at the second link provided above, it does seem that the OEM licence is not intended for direct personal use, but rather as part of the end product when building equipment. Of course there is nothing specific (I guess) to control the intent per se.

Additionally to consider, not all OEM licences sold around are legit (obvious) nor OEM really (i.e. some sell Volume Licences as OEM, and encounter exceeding the maximum number of activations when trying to activate theirs). You need to verity your supplier properly before making the purchase.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 881
@UserU I believe it's ignorance on most part. As I said in my post People can get an OEM licence at fraction of what the original windows cost. The only difference is OEM Key is locked on a single machine so if you change your system i.e your motherboard you can't move the key to the new one.

Here is one I found by doing a quick google search and i have seen much cheaper before, So these are always an option to consider.

As far as I know, these types of licenses are keys sold only to companies that are misplaced. In practice, for microsoft, using a pirated version or buying a key of this type is the same thing. This tip works for personal use, but if a company decides to use keys of this type and is supervised by microsoft, it will be illegal in the same way.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218
Change is in your hands
@UserU I believe it's ignorance on most part. As I said in my post People can get an OEM licence at fraction of what the original windows cost. The only difference is OEM Key is locked on a single machine so if you change your system i.e your motherboard you can't move the key to the new one.

Here is one I found by doing a quick google search and i have seen much cheaper before, So these are always an option to consider.

Activity: 2016
Merit: 531
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10
I was there once. Years ago, licenses were pretty expensive and most of us had sources to cheap pirated alternatives. Thanks to DreamSpark however, I managed to secure a legit copy and have no worries on updating anytime.

But then why people still don't give a crap on the risks of running pirated Windows? There are two reasons I could think of:
1) Ignorance (i.e. pirated costs a fraction and functions the same, why should I pay?)
2) Hassle of obtaining a legit license (e.g. payment method and activation)
3) Cost. One Home, let alone Pro costs more than an entry-level CPU.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218
Change is in your hands
Prelude:

Last night I was installing windows on one of my machines while watching the installation go through a random thought popped in my head. I quickly went ahead and googled People running pirated windows, I couldn't find official statistics from Microsoft which is understandable as it will give bad press to them but I did manage to find some alarming figures... This article[1] from Indiatimes showed up in one of my search results. According to a Microsoft study in Asia around 91% Of PCs Sold In India Run On Pirated Windows 10, And 85% Of Them Come With Dangerous Malware. The story doesn't end here.

Quote from: IndiaTimes
The software piracy levels in some countries is unbelievably high. According to Microsoft's report, Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand reported 100% piracy in brand new PCs purchased off the shelves.

India was next in line with 91% pirated Windows coming pre-installed on brand new, box packed computers and laptops. That's not all. In India, 85% of PCs that came with a pirated version of Windows 10 pre-installed were also loaded with dangerous malware, including backdoor software that could be used by hackers and bitcoin miners that secretly utilize your PC's power and performance for someone else's use, according to Mary Jo Schrade, Assistant General Counsel and Regional Director of Digital Crimes Unit in Asia at Microsoft in Singapore.

This totally blew me away... These people don't earn enough already and if they are becoming a victim of a scam through no fault of their own. The least we can do is warn them. If you are running a pirated version of Windows please do yourself a favour and get at least the Genuine Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft! This guide will show you exactly how you can get the Genuine Windows 10 ISO via a Direct link. Microsoft has been a dick for a few years now and is pushing one of its download tools for downloading windows 10 but this guide will show you how to work around that and get the ISO file instead. Before someone jumps in and says use Linux, Not everyone can jump platforms overnight. There are countless reasons that have been discussed before and I don't want this discussion to head there.

Things to think over before we begin:

• If you have created a wallet on a pirated windows consider it compromised. I will suggest creating a new wallet after installing the new windows and moving your Bitcoins to your new wallet. Bonus points if you upgrade to Segwit.
  • Consider all of your passwords compromised aswell. I will suggest creating new passwords for all of the websites you are registered on. Trust me its worth it. Read this guide from @GreatArkansas.
  • Consider investing in an OEM Windows key. They usually go for around $5-$10. Stay away from windows activator. If you can't buy an OEM key try to live with the watermark.
  • Consider staying away from Cracks, Look for free opensource alternatives for your needs.
  • Consider formatting all of your drives/Previous data. A fresh start will only help.

Have a suggestion to add into this list? Feel free to leave it below.

Let's Begin, shall we...

1) Goto this URL: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

2) You need to enable the Responsive Design Mode on your browser. If you are on firefox/Chrome/Opera you can do this by pressing Ctrl + Shift + M after opening your console.

3) Select an Apple Device from the Dropdown menu and refresh the page.

4) Select the Latest Windows Version and choose your appropriate language. Click confirm.

5) Choose the appropriate architecture 64-bit or 32-bit and start your download. Most of the PCs support 64bit architecture these days but you can still make sure your CPU is compatible by googling " ( CPU model ) 64-bit support "

Burning the ISO with Rufus and some thoughts.

Once your download has completed. Head over to https://rufus.ie/ and download the latest version. I won't recommend any other ISO burners as Rufus is OpenSource. Don't use any other shady ISO burners as they can insert all sorts of malware while burning the ISO. I will highly suggest following this video: https://youtu.be/K7SlsJEVSXc?t=60 as it includes everything you need to know while burning the ISO file. I will also suggest putting some time in learning how to install windows by yourself, There are plenty of youtube tutorials/guides around which take you step-by-step through the entire process. In the world of Cryptos, you trust no one except yourself. So don't let anyone install it for you. If you truly believe in Bitcoin then respect the ideas behind it.

P.S Microsoft used to publish their ISO's Checksum but for some reason has abandoned it altogether. So if your network is already compromised then there is no way of verifying the ISO you are downloading from Microsoft is indeed legit. In the long run, you should consider moving to a Linux based Environment.

Note: Feel free to translate this thread for your local board.

Source:
[1] https://www.indiatimes.com/technology/news/91-of-pcs-sold-in-india-run-on-pirated-windows-10-and-85-of-them-have-pre-loaded-malware-355997.html
Pages:
Jump to: