Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] How to rent your rig on LEASERIG.NET - Scrypt & SHA256 - page 15. (Read 33412 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Miner and technician
When does leaserig actually issue a save command?

I was initially running with a custom .conf, but have switched to the default .conf file? I've also added the save command to the permitted command list, however, when I admin the pools from the admin console, no save command is issued, and a cgminer restart will re-load the original conf.

Is the command only issued when hiring starts and ends? Is it only customer that can issue save commands?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
i'm having trouble opening a port Sad i already tried to port forward on my router and add port on firewall still no luck. Sad
legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037
It doesn't matter what port I configure on the command line, cgminer will always listen on port 4028  Huh

Am I missing something?

Answering myself: wrong setting in cgminer.conf which overrides command line  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037
It doesn't matter what port I configure on the command line, cgminer will always listen on port 4028  Huh

Am I missing something?
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
hmm im trying to figure out how to do it with linux i see that some one can point bamt stats

http://simplyaccomplished.com/cgi-bin/status.pl anyone know how?
Activity: 588
Merit: 520
Restart has so far haven't been put into use, due to obvious issues with R9 cards. You don't have to permit it for now, but even if you do, nothing will be different, because the site never uses it.
Activity: 47
2) At one point LeaseRig saved some settings for me and apparently GPU-threads was not specified or saved properly; the result was that when cgminer restarted with the updated config file, hash rates were about 10% lower (and could have been much worse on some PCs!) thanks to the incorrect threads setting, so make sure to include -g 1 (or -g 2 if that's what you want) in your cgminer options and not just in the conf file.

That happened to me, took me a while to understand why the rigs were running slower. Where do I include the -g 2 , you mean as the runtime argument ?
same question. Should it be in the shell  file which I use to start or in the config? All my settings are in the config. Or is it actually best to not give restart privileges to the customer? Because in all honestly my rig never goes down (been stable 4 weeks without any issues), only a manual reboot once a week is what I do.
Hi,

is there anyway to check that the rig is actually mining for the person that  paid for it? It does say lease.myrigname. But it's mining on pool 2 apparently wich looks like it is middlecoin. But that is my default? Or is it the failover from the customer that is also middlecoin? Any way to check?
I want to make sure that it is the customer mining and not me...

Thx

The green marked pool on admin panel (and customers panel) is currently active pool. Sadly, cgminer does not report which pool it is mining on atm, but I calculate that by taking priorities and alive status into consideration.
2) At one point LeaseRig saved some settings for me and apparently GPU-threads was not specified or saved properly; the result was that when cgminer restarted with the updated config file, hash rates were about 10% lower (and could have been much worse on some PCs!) thanks to the incorrect threads setting, so make sure to include -g 1 (or -g 2 if that's what you want) in your cgminer options and not just in the conf file.

That happened to me, took me a while to understand why the rigs were running slower. Where do I include the -g 2 , you mean as the runtime argument ?
Activity: 47
Hi,

is there anyway to check that the rig is actually mining for the person that  paid for it? It does say lease.myrigname. But it's mining on pool 2 apparently wich looks like it is middlecoin. But that is my default? Or is it the failover from the customer that is also middlecoin? Any way to check?
I want to make sure that it is the customer mining and not me...

Thx
SHA256 support added!
Activity: 2
Updated first post.
Activity: 482
Merit: 500
A few items to add to the How To notes:

1) While LeaseRig will try to save your settings so that if a rig reboots the client doesn't lose all their miner information, this does not work with a custom config file. You should only use the default cgminer.conf file.

3) CGWatcher does work with LeaseRig, and you can configure it to use other ports. On version 3.5.2, look in the Settings->Miner tab for the API port. The default is 4028, but I've successfully used other ports.

4) I've found Windows' Firewall doesn't play well with LeaseRig and had to disable it on at least a couple of my leased rigs; this is not always necessary, but if you're unable to get LeaseRig to see your system after configuring everything else properly, try disabling your firewall for a bit and see if that fixes the issue. If it does, you can either run without the firewall, or try to fix the problem.

Happy mining/leasing everybody!
Activity: 15
Edit: problem solved.

For peoples who can access on rig only by local network (even if ports are open), and not by internet, you can try changeip.com instead no-ip. With no-ip and their program, i could not access to anything. with changeip, everything was solved. I don't know how this is possible but it works for me (probably my fault and my noob linux skills  Cheesy).

Thanks again to alex28 for his help.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
when i want to try to test :
 --api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:* --api-listen --api-allow P:89.212.242.33 --api-port 2014
it says: need to specify at least one pool server.
Input server details.
URL
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
This should work without static ip and dyndns too...
This, please add dynamic ip functionality
Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective
This should work without static ip and dyndns too...
Activity: 294
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
Hi thanks for the help,
But i meant in the actual .config file of cgminer Smiley

Code:
"intensity" : "20,20",
"vectors" : "1,1",
"worksize" : "256,256",
"kernel" : "scrypt,scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "2,2",
"thread-concurrency" : "32765,32765",