Pages:
Author

Topic: GUIDE: How to unlock the 1107mhz HBM2 cap on Vega64 - page 2. (Read 2394 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Could you share what hex values you changed to bump the SoC limit? And any other changes you made ontop of the orig ref file would be awesome! Prefer to manually update my currently working regs
Activity: 190
Merit: 11
Can you post something like this for Vega FE with 16gb hbm?
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Vega 64 is currently hardcapped at 1107mhz HBM2 memory, some lucky ones get up to 1150mhz before crashing.
The reason for this is the SoC Clockspeed which is currently preventing higher Clockspeeds on the HBM2 Packages which we're gonna unlock today.
The HBM2 Memory Controller was actually build to handle up to 1200mhz on the Package so I don't know why AMD locked it in the first place.

I was able to edit the Hex values of the SoC clock and oc it to 1200mhz which enables the HBM2 Package to achive 1200mhz aswell.

Important: This may not work on all Vega64s. If yours crashes no matter which HBM2 mhz and Voltage you put on, chances are that
your card can't handle the SoC Clock and you're gonna need to go back to your initial .regfile mod.

I was able to achive Hashrates over 2200h/s stable with 100% valid shares and little more power consumption over the current Powertable .regfile mod
that's been going around lately.

I believe there's still more room for Hashrate improvements once i spent more time with this GPU.
Up to 1150mhz was easy achievable with no mV increase while 1200mhz was stable but needed a bit more juice.

Whatever you're gonna do with this, each Silicon behaves different so i can't tell you what exact values your GPU is gonna run stable at.
You're gonna have to take a few hours to find your new sweetspot until you settle on a stable mhz/mV rate with 100% valid shares.
I used the Current 1100mhz .regfile Powertable mod as a Baseline so in case you're using this already ( and you should ) on your current Vega64,
then all your Powertables will stay the same but with the unlocked SoC clock.

You will however need to edit the 0000-000X ending within the .reg file like you are already used to, otherwise you may cause damage!!!
If you're not familiar with the standard powertable mod yet, you're gonna have to do your research elsewhere and then come back to this guide.

Once you've done all this i strongly advice using OverdriveNTool and not going through Wattman for tweaking your Clocks and Voltages.
Wattman is buggy af and may cause instabilty.

Download: Unlocked SoC .reg including Powertables

If you find the Information shared any useful and feel generous enough to Donate, you can do so using the provided Wallets.

XMR: 4GdoN7NCTi8a5gZug7PrwZNKjvHFmKeV11L6pNJPgj5QNEHsN6eeX3DaAQFwZ1ufD4LYCZKArktt113 W7QjWvQ7CW7xJqC3LVM2Ah259sF

ETN: etnkHzwzSyb4fEVQpfP55GCLVWMnijQpHUAyLMttnMC3Soyi4arvFFZgh2HeHqEM5xfoEW6S7ZouYc3 nVbvqSNyw4KWsz9EpxN

BTC: 33mwED631BJac95JYtdAvP4uALKWsGdtRx
Pages:
Jump to: