Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] Jesse's Official Overclocking (voltmod) Guide For G-Blade & Gridseeds v2 - page 3. (Read 11052 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Upcoming:
- G-Blade VMOD1 is now available here. I am working with the guys at Seven Gnomes to improve the current version and will let you know more details about it soon. In the meantime here are a few pics I was able to snag for ya'll. More to come!

- Miner software, software environment (including raspberry pi), and Litecoin pool comparison + step by step setup guide.

Changelog:
- Coolant pad option added
- Reversible VMOD3 added (Courtesy of ZiG)

Hey all Cheesy  

I know there's been a great demand for a clear guide on how to mod your Gridseeds with clear high quality step by step images, what to do, what not to do, and actual expected results of each mod. Basically, the ultimate Gridseed modding guide for dummies. I can't promise I will succeed, but I'm sure going to try! In this guide I will cover VMOD1 and VMOD3 which essentially allow for the Gridseeds to run on average weekly (so far) speeds of 405kh/s to 510kh/s, respectively.

I will make the greatest efforts to talk in a simple and clear language as if it is your first time picking up a soldering iron. This is a work-in-progress guide and I am open to questions and comments for improvements so please feel free to PM me any time!

Prep 1) Here is what you'll need (links to demonstrate the correct supplies at the end):
  • Soldering Iron
  • Soldering Tweezers (VMOD3 only) (optional)
  • Regular Tweezers (VMOD3 and rVMOD3)
  • Magnifying Loupe
  • No-Clean Solder wire
  • 47k 1% 0402 resistor (VMOD3 only)
  • 47k 1% Axial resistor (rVMOD3 only)
  • Liquid Flux (VMOD3 only) (optional)
  • Thermal Grease (non-conductive AND non-capacitive) (optional)
  • Lighting
  • 1 Heat resistant glove (if you buy lead wire, safety first)
  • A comfortable chair and a desk at chest level (when sitting). Make sure the desk is a flat stable surface with a decent amount of friction so the G-Blade or Gridseed doesn't move.

Prep 2) Decide which mod is for you. (DO NOT TRY TO PERFORM ANY COMBINATION OF MODS ON ONE DEVICE, IT WILL NOT MAKE IT RUN FASTER AND WILL RISK DESTROYING YOUR DEVICE, YOUR HOME, YOURSELF, OR YOUR CONTINENT)

VMOD1: Up to freq=963 @ 9 +/-2 watt. Average weekly speed of 405kh/s. Can run fanless in a cool room (but not recommended). Difficulty: Medium.

http://i.imgur.com/ktMpVIi.gif

VMOD3: Up to freq=1175 @ 30 +/-4 watt. Average weekly speeds of 510kh/s. Can NOT run fanless. Difficulty: Hard (you will be dealing with components the size of a leg of an ant). [see Figure 0]

Reversible VMOD3: Same as VMOD3 but allows you to easily revert back to Factory speeds & power draw.
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org