Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Noob guide to solo mining USB Erupters with cgminer - page 2. (Read 34382 times)

legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1091
Think for yourself
What's the Bitcoin-QT flag to sign a block?  Can't seem to find the reference now.
Thanks,
Sam

Did you ever get an answer to this? is it something that the mining software might be modified to do?

No I haven't gotten an answer yet.

I don't know if the mining software could do it or not.

It's a normal function of the Bitcoin Client, but as with many functions of the Client it isn't documented in a place I can find it.  I had seen several times people posting it in various threads but I can't find any of those old threads at the moment.  But I haven't really tried too hard yet either.

Sam
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
What's the Bitcoin-QT flag to sign a block?  Can't seem to find the reference now.
Thanks,
Sam

Did you ever get an answer to this? is it something that the mining software might be modified to do?
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
Just how much hash power can be aimed a BitcoinQT and have things function correctly? Roll Eyes
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
By far this is the best guide I've seen for this.  I just got my $10 lottery stick in the mail.  I clicked on the zadig link and it says I dont have permission to access the file.

Thanks for the support! Be sure to think of me when you mine that elusive block Wink

The links appear to work now - not sure what happened there :/
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
Just out of wondering but wouldn't this work instead of going through all the file stuff?   If not then would the way up top work?

and then download cgminer or bfgminer and make a file called mine.bat

open up mine.bat should look something like this.

Thanks!  This is being quoted so I can find it easily in my own history later.  I'll be coming back to this in Feb.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Mentally ill computer nerd trying to come up.
I think its working. thank you so much.
the annoying led went off, (thank god)

bes 0:            | 336.0/327.4/ 0.00 Mh/s  | A:0 R:0+0(none) HW:0/none

does that sound right?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Mining for the hell of it.
I am assuming its working. the bat file gets saved in the directory with your bfgminer or cgminer
I found a mirror link for the zadig drivers somewhere else.

demonmeastro does that work?  Where do I save the bat file?
Activity: 574
Mining for the hell of it.
Just out of wondering but wouldn't this work instead of going through all the file stuff?   If not then would the way up top work?

and then download cgminer or bfgminer and make a file called mine.bat

open up mine.bat should look something like this.
legendary
Think for yourself
By far this is the best guide I've seen for this.  I just got my $10 lottery stick in the mail.  I clicked on the zadig link and it says I dont have permission to access the file.

I got that too.  I had already downloaded it on another machine.

Post a note on the CGMiner thread so tha ckolivas can look into it.
Activity: 752
So I'm solo mining PPC with my erupters using cgminer3.1.1.  I just received my bfl's in the mail and am running those on bfgminer.  But in order to get the cgminer started, I have to unplug the bfls from the computer first, start cgminer, then plug in the bfl's and run cgminer.  Otherwise cgminer gets all confused when I run the bat file.

Ok, so first I start the erupters, then the bfl.  When I start the bfl's, the cgminer running the erupters and soloing the ppc's has a message at the bottom:

USB init, open device failed, err -12, you need to install a windows USB driver for - BFL device 1:4
BitForce dectect <1:4> failed to initialise

Please note, the USB's are blinking and hashing.

Image of cgminer:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnkx73qwt31eavr/cgminer.ppc.png
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Have been looking for this so long thank you !!! have 2 of them left lying around and was thinking of doing this instead of playing lottery and for fun Smiley Sold all my asics when the diff started to skyrocket and did not lose much Smiley
Activity: 537
Merit: 524
lol, it sure is. At current diff he'll hit a block once every 200 years or something like it.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Let me correct that for you

25 + transaction fee's IF he finds a block  Roll Eyes

And that's literally a big if.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
25 + transaction fee's IF he finds a block  Roll Eyes
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

How many bitcoins do you get, when you are mining with 5 usb eruptors?
rpg
Activity: 728
nice description. By the way, if anyone wants to mine some ALT coin solo, this applies as well, just change any reference (including folders) from bitcoin to the name of the alt coin
legendary
Think for yourself
I can only get v3.1.1 to work.  And it doesn't show any accepted shares.  The USB's blink like it's working.   It says, "No suitable long-poll found for http://127.0.0.1:8332"  Is it working without showing work?

When solo mining the only accepted share you will see is a block finder.  So as long as your showing hash rate and the BE lights are blinking, your mining.
Activity: 752
I can only get v3.1.1 to work.  And it doesn't show any accepted shares.  The USB's blink like it's working.   It says, "No suitable long-poll found for http://127.0.0.1:8332"  Is it working without showing work?
Pages:
Jump to: