Pages:
Author

Topic: Guide to earning merits - page 3. (Read 1304 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 47
February 08, 2018, 06:52:33 AM
You wrote such a big post about such obvious thing, I am just surprised how you could find so many words for explainment of the most simple way: find a topic, reply it if you know the point. That's all!
I count my own comments just like you have said, but why I still not get a Merit then? Grin I think other users feel the same about their posts. So, your strategy doesn't work in many cases.
I'm also surprised! I think it's already in me haha, things that are simple in my mind translates a lot when i try to speak and long thoughts becomes short. But don't worry! If you think you're making good posts i'm sure people would notice it little by little, be patient, it will soon pay off. If you think you're doing everything and still people don't notice your posts, then shake things up a bit. Maybe try doing unique, i tried to make a flow chart about this post but i don't have the time to do so, try those things, be yourself, be unique.

This strategy is not full-proof this is just what i do, i don't think there's anything special about this. I am only paying forward. But it would be awesome for me if i could help others in little ways like this.

Thank you for sparing your time with me. Hope you can gain merits soon! Smiley
Activity: 1274
Merit: 106
February 08, 2018, 02:43:44 AM
You are good at adding the fluff but do we really need it ? If everyone did the research as per you mentioned in step 2, it will take them an hour to come up with a reply. It will be good for the forum but practically many members will not be able to give so much time voluntarily.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
February 08, 2018, 02:33:28 AM
You wrote such a big post about such obvious thing, I am just surprised how you could find so many words for explainment of the most simple way: find a topic, reply it if you know the point. That's all!
I count my own comments just like you have said, but why I still not get a Merit then? Grin I think other users feel the same about their posts. So, your strategy doesn't work in many cases.
Activity: 350
Merit: 47
February 08, 2018, 02:07:11 AM
I've been saving this somewhat guide for a while now since i am not sure where to put this. I also thought that posting this would increase the number of merit related thread in the Meta section, another reason why i'm hesitating about this. But here goes.

We all know that the only way to get a merit is by hoping for others to give us some, provided that we produce quality posts. Some people believe that they're making quality posts but can't reckon why they don't receive any merits.

Although I don't have much, but surely I have been blessed than most by some members and now I want to pay it forward. I have started from the bottom just like most of you that's why I want to help those who are clueless on what to do.

This is what I usually consider when posting and replying to threads, three easy and simple things to consider when posting. This may be common-sense but I hope this helps.

Steps:

1. Pick a topic.

Picking a topic to post on to may be the hardest part in the guide but any topic of your choice will do! I usually pick topics that are fresh(post that have few views and replies). Why? Because it would be an advantage if you answered the topic first, there would be no restraints and you can freely say what you want to say. Replying to the thread would be like a plain canvas waiting for unlimited possibilities. Picking an old topic is not quite bad either, especially if the topic is really interesting, but replies would be limited since most of the ideas are already laid off, including what you may be thinking and if this is the case, better not reply anymore and just pick another topic since this would just cause spamming of threads.

In addition, if you picked a fresh topic, people who are viewing the thread will see your reply on top plus it won't be burried with tons of incoming replies. Thus, giving your post a safe and sweet spot for any credit-giver.

2. Know the topic.

Question: Do you know the topic?
If yes: Good! Proceed to step 3.
If no: Research on the topic or go back to step 1.

Researching about the topic doesn't just mean reading an article or two, it can also be(but not required) watching videos about the topic or viewing some infographic about it. Anything goes as long as you understand and learn something new. If you think you're knowledgable enough to answer then proceed to step 3.

3. Answer the topic.

After researching, with your own words, try to answer the topic. Remember that answers may be short or long, it need not to be technical nor scientific. It just need to be clear, concise, and most of all sensible for everyone to understand. And don't even think about plagiarizing an article saying that you've made a good post, because people read, and if people noticed that you just copy/pasted an article then be ready for the consequences. Are you really trying to risk your account for some merits? Merits can be earned anytime but activities, reputation, and trusts takes time.

Now that you have answered the topic, be confident on what you have wrote and try not to think much about receiving merits. Continue on doing quality posts and im sure, little by little, people would notice and reward you for that. That would be all, thank you and godspeed!
Pages:
Jump to: