Pages:
Author

Topic: Gun freedom advocates - what weapons shouldn't be legally available? - page 15. (Read 10869 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
I'm not necessarily a gun advocate ( because I don't believe that guns are the most effective thing out there Wink ) but the idea behind everyone owning a gun is actually very logical because the idea is people wouldn't dare attack each other since they know they have as much strength as them and will be able to wipe them out. It's the same kind of logic with MAD, how do you think we haven't devolved into World War 3 yet? It's precisely because any country worth invading has nuclear weapons of course, Afghanistan being that rare exception of being mostly unassailable because of it's terrain and weather despite having no nuclear weaponry whatsoever or any official government.

I do think however that your average citizen before buying a weapon should be educated and trained properly in their use to prevent accidents.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
So you like guns.

I'm interested in knowing what weapons, body armour and other high tech gadgetry you think should be allowed to the general public private citizen, not affiliated to any government and not necessary skilled in the use of the device.

This is for me a very interesting question because most people will have limits, even if that limit is a nuclear weapon. The limits various people have help me understand their political beliefs better.

Edit: If you do think there should be no limits on ownership, please indicate if you have procedural limits on the use of a typical item.
Pages:
Jump to: