Pages:
Author

Topic: Guys, what electrum server you run - page 2. (Read 243 times)

legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
January 06, 2023, 04:18:16 AM
Need your guys opinions

It always depends what are you using for that electrum server, personal use or public internet.

I've played a little with EPS and I didn't like it, then I went for Electrs (on WSL).
For my personal use it's just perfect and I was able to also install on top of it a block explorer too.

Fulcrum .. I had the same dilemma too (it sounds more a BCH software supporting BTC too than something built for BTC) plus when I've done my setup (and had the time for it) I didn't really see reviews from people using Fulcrum, especially on a Windows PC (with WSL, remember?).
Meanwhile I've also read (but I am not 100% sure) that Fulcrum may be using a couple of hundreds of GB of disk space for its data (I would be happy to be corrected if it's the case), compared to the 36 GB Electrs data is taking me now.

Electrum X I didn't manage to install. Because of some settings of mine and things I've read I was avoiding Docker. Plus this is more an enterprise solution, for publishing "in the wild", which Electrs doesn't offer (hence keeping Electrs lighter).

You may also want to discuss also about Blockstream's fork of Electrs. It's advertised on Electrs Git as a solution for having something like Electrs for the public/internet. It's advertised to be resource hungry, but also very efficient. Plus it'll work with mempool.space, if you want a block explorer too.
Activity: 133
Merit: 65
January 06, 2023, 03:01:25 AM
https://sparrowwallet.com/docs/server-performance.html

based on this blog, we see as an electrum server implementation, Fulcrum is absolutely the winner in terms of performance.
But my question is, should i support this project which is created by a BCH developer and it supports not BTC only, but ltc, bch...

If that wasn't the case for Fulcrum, i'd be opting in right away. But because it came from a shitcoin supporter, i am just hesitating...

Need your guys opinions
Pages:
Jump to: