Pages:
Author

Topic: [H] 100's of Steam games (as global region gifts, not keys), [W] Bitcoins - page 2. (Read 5560 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
$5 for portal 2? Pm me if you can do this. You're legendary, so I guess I'll send first. Sorry if you consider this offer as a lowball, I purchased a 90% off portal 2 code yesterday but it expired 5 fucking minutes after I bought it...

It's not a bad offer, given these 90% and 75% coupons that exist... hmm... ah, what do people use to price bitcoin now, anyway?  I guess I'll just stick w/ what I know and use the values I see on bitcoincharts (specifically coinbase).  It looks like spot price is $500, but I wouldn't be comfortable valuing it that high, given that $50 increase in the last, uh, 24 hours.  I used to go buy '24 hr moving average, or spot price, whichever is lowest'.  So I guess my valuation right at this moment would be around $475.

I suppose in general, I wouldn't want an offer significantly lower than the price on www.g2a.com/r/hoovering (ah, just had to pimp that referral link.  sadly, it has only hoovered me about 3 euros in 6 months); for those ppl out there that don't care about me being homeless and starving and feel like making me cry, you can visit via www.g2a.com instead.   And a quick guide to g2a buying:    don't use selected offer (and it's best in general to buy from sellers with 200-30k transactions, as they'll generally be the ones that respond to resolution center complaints, vs these bots with 100k+ that just ignore).  Also turn off 'G2A shield', first on the purchase page itself, and then they'll try to sneak it in again on payment options (dirty ratbastards).  Then when you see something at $5, you'll actually pay $5, instead of some massively inflated amt from their chicanery.  oh, they also do charge some fee for paypal, which I think is against the paypal ToS, but bitcoins is 0%!

Anyway, I see the price there at $8.06.  assuming I listed at, say, 7.95, and wasn't price matched instantly by some bot (which 99% of the time will get the sale, cause people are dumb and use 'selected offer'), then I'd get about $6.50 or so after they jacked all their fees.   I've had fair success selling portal 2 on there, & that current price is around what it usually rests at if there hasn't been a Steam sale in a while,  re: $7 - $9 range.

now with all that jibber jabber being said & given that I said my valuation of bitcoin was $475, I'd take 0.0116 bitcoins for it, or ~$5.51.  Would be $5.80 if you went by the current spot price.

eh, actually, i'm fine with $5, since it'd be my first time selling for bitcoin, rather than on g2a.  I'd still want to value bitcoins at $475, but I suppose we could round that 0.010526316 to 0.0105.

Can send the 0.0105 to 1Zevusze7BjTpp4srJhx4zkRBxpbgwU4A ... I'll be here til at least 10am UTC (another 3 hrs or so).  Have client loaded now so I'll see any transaction.

Send me a PM on here with an email address to send gift link to after I receive the bitcoins if you're fine w/ that.  (I'll also just PM you this whole mess, but post this anyway.  who knows, perhaps it'll be the glorious start of a successful G2A Hoovering™ campaign)

www.g2a.com/r/hoovering     

yes!

OK, you've got a deal! I just send you a PM confirming that I'm going first. I'll also send you my email. If you want, I can add you on steam.
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
$5 for portal 2? Pm me if you can do this. You're legendary, so I guess I'll send first. Sorry if you consider this offer as a lowball, I purchased a 90% off portal 2 code yesterday but it expired 5 fucking minutes after I bought it...

It's not a bad offer, given these 90% and 75% coupons that exist... hmm... ah, what do people use to price bitcoin now, anyway?  I guess I'll just stick w/ what I know and use the values I see on bitcoincharts (specifically coinbase).  It looks like spot price is $500, but I wouldn't be comfortable valuing it that high, given that $50 increase in the last, uh, 24 hours.  I used to go buy '24 hr moving average, or spot price, whichever is lowest'.  So I guess my valuation right at this moment would be around $475.

I suppose in general, I wouldn't want an offer significantly lower than the price on www.g2a.com/r/hoovering (ah, just had to pimp that referral link.  sadly, it has only hoovered me about 3 euros in 6 months); for those ppl out there that don't care about me being homeless and starving and feel like making me cry, you can visit via www.g2a.com instead.   And a quick guide to g2a buying:    don't use selected offer (and it's best in general to buy from sellers with 200-30k transactions, as they'll generally be the ones that respond to resolution center complaints, vs these bots with 100k+ that just ignore).  Also turn off 'G2A shield', first on the purchase page itself, and then they'll try to sneak it in again on payment options (dirty ratbastards).  Then when you see something at $5, you'll actually pay $5, instead of some massively inflated amt from their chicanery.  oh, they also do charge some fee for paypal, which I think is against the paypal ToS, but bitcoins is 0%!

Anyway, I see the price there at $8.06.  assuming I listed at, say, 7.95, and wasn't price matched instantly by some bot (which 99% of the time will get the sale, cause people are dumb and use 'selected offer'), then I'd get about $6.50 or so after they jacked all their fees.   I've had fair success selling portal 2 on there, & that current price is around what it usually rests at if there hasn't been a Steam sale in a while,  re: $7 - $9 range.

now with all that jibber jabber being said & given that I said my valuation of bitcoin was $475, I'd take 0.0116 bitcoins for it, or ~$5.51.  Would be $5.80 if you went by the current spot price.

eh, actually, i'm fine with $5, since it'd be my first time selling for bitcoin, rather than on g2a.  I'd still want to value bitcoins at $475, but I suppose we could round that 0.010526316 to 0.0105.

Can send the 0.0105 to 1Zevusze7BjTpp4srJhx4zkRBxpbgwU4A ... I'll be here til at least 10am UTC (another 3 hrs or so).  Have client loaded now so I'll see any transaction.

Send me a PM on here with an email address to send gift link to after I receive the bitcoins if you're fine w/ that.  (I'll also just PM you this whole mess, but post this anyway.  who knows, perhaps it'll be the glorious start of a successful G2A Hoovering™ campaign)

www.g2a.com/r/hoovering     

yes!
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
Most of the stuff is gone, so just editing it all out for now.  Maybe sometime in future I'll try again here.

It was maybe $100-$150 worth of stuff I sold for bitcoins, which was some drop in bucket compared to all the stuff I sold on g2a... but, then, g2a steals so much money, it could be worth it.

I probably need to make some minimum buy order next time though.  =p
Pages:
Jump to: