Pages:
Author

Topic: [Hack-A-Thon: Round 2 ended] Hack my site - page 4. (Read 24353 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1003
I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man
August 06, 2011, 01:22:29 AM
See...  I can see where he's coming from.

He doesn't want to open his system up to the public yet because he's concerned about being hacked and people breaking his shit, so he's having a limited invite.

If you want to make your site hack proof, open a demo site to the public then declare in a loud voice, "My Site is Un-Hackable!"

Then just wait for the 'loz' and the 'ur code sux cuz I haxored u' to roll in.

Once the drama is over and you fixed all your code, and you pay your bounty to those who helped...do it again...

Honestly.... I'm not opening my site up for business till every hack in these forums has had a go at it.

edit: Didn't see the updates to the OP before writing this...soz.

edit: edit: Just another quote to keep in mind:, "Good software does what it's supposed to do.  Secure software does what it's supposed to do and nothing else"

Thats an awsome quote, and its soo true too!
legendary
August 05, 2011, 11:11:41 PM
Xen, I just have to say:  This is the freakin' way to get a reputable site going in this community.  Produce a beta and say "hack this sh*t!".  Once you have done enough testing it's ready for release, provided you don't plan on adding new features without additional testing.

I have a feeling your next project is going to make waves.  Push forward brotha'!

Thanks mate!

Yeah exactly I want everyone trust that their Bitcoins are in safe keeping with all these "hack" going around and loss of Bitcoins at random.
My business plan is to purchase 3 USB drives all of which have the same identical single wallet address. all the Bitcoins get sent to this address and when I'm ready to ship products I pull one out of the lock box(Looking into magnetically shielded lock-boxes, any ideas where to find them?) and convert Bitcoins into fiat and purchase another shipment.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
August 05, 2011, 04:29:38 AM
Xen, I just have to say:  This is the freakin' way to get a reputable site going in this community.  Produce a beta and say "hack this sh*t!".  Once you have done enough testing it's ready for release, provided you don't plan on adding new features without additional testing.

I have a feeling your next project is going to make waves.  Push forward brotha'!
legendary
August 05, 2011, 04:17:07 AM
When are you ready to start this?

I want to join in, but I'm not always available.

btw.: Starting a Hack-A-Thon is a great idea!

I'm hoping my website will be released at the beginning of the next month if everything goes according to plan. So the hack-a-thon should be some time after the 26th of aug if I finish the site by then and I plan for the even to be an on-going week event, where i just sit back and watch my programming crash & burn(sort of speak).
Activity: 145
Merit: 10
August 05, 2011, 03:45:05 AM
Send me the info and ill get testing
legendary
August 05, 2011, 03:14:22 AM

He doesn't want to open his system up to the public yet because he's concerned about being hacked and people breaking his shit, so he's having a limited invite.

If you want to make your site hack proof, open a demo site to the public then declare in a loud voice, "My Site is Un-Hackable!"

Once the drama is over and you fixed all your code, and you pay your bounty to those who helped...do it again...

Honestly.... I'm not opening my site up for business till every hack in these forums has had a go at it.

lol, man i should have thought of this... but a deal is a deal. *sigh Tongue
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
August 05, 2011, 03:01:29 AM

edit: edit: Just another quote to keep in mind:, "Good software does what it's supposed to do.  Secure software does what it's supposed to do and nothing else"
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015
August 05, 2011, 01:25:29 AM
I will donate small bounty for the first hack Smiley ! 0.05 BTC ! Good work Xenland.
legendary
August 04, 2011, 09:24:29 PM
You might have to do a few rounds of testing....find some bugs, fix some bugs...repeat.

Maybe offer a small bounty for reports.  .05 BTC will get you 20 bug reports for a bitcoin.  A good investment imho.  And if you're cheap like me, it also gives you incentive to find them before the others do!

I might take your offer on that thanks for the suggestion.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
August 04, 2011, 05:36:46 PM
You might have to do a few rounds of testing....find some bugs, fix some bugs...repeat.

Maybe offer a small bounty for reports.  .05 BTC will get you 20 bug reports for a bitcoin.  A good investment imho.  And if you're cheap like me, it also gives you incentive to find them before the others do!

legendary
August 04, 2011, 10:38:16 AM
Basically I am constructing a retailing website with custom written software that should and needs to be tested. I am taking all the necessary precautions to keeping Bitcoins safe while at the same time making it an easy and friendly store to use for new commers to bitcoin. My ecommerce website will not only sell things but help new comers every step of the way to learning Bitcoin. I have purchased an SSL certificate so customers can even feel more safe. The slogan is "Never pay with a Credit Card Again" and that is the aim and drive of the whole store is to provide a way for people to purchase things with out feeling like they will puke when they get an overdraft bill the following month from their bank.

Anyways please RSVP if you want to sign up for the hack a thon day, I will be participating in it my self(not enough time to participate, i will be adding more products to the list while you guys hack Wink ). I plan it to be within the next month or so. The rules are simple in order to participate you must not DDoS or do anything that might other wise cause physical or hardware harm to the server it self. The aim is to attempt to find holes from the back-end programming(PHP/MySql/XSS) from cheaperinbitcoins and report them on the steps you took to recreate the hack. I want my website to be safe and secure. Also website suggestions are welcome too before or after the hack-a-thon event. Any date suggestions?

Teh Rulez:
Pay Per Report Per Person: 0.05 BTC (If you find a big security risk I will put in bonus of 0.5 BTC so that makes 0.55 BTC per huge security risk)
Reports must be through enough for me to recreate and verify

----------------------------------
Target Website: Unreleased to the public.
----------------------------------
Bug Count: 4
Security Flaw Count: 0 ( I haven't seen any  database extractions yet)

Happy Hacking!
Xenland
Pages:
Jump to: