Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacked - 22 BTC stolen from Bitcoin-QT v0.8.1-beta wallet on OS X 10.7.5 - page 3. (Read 10755 times)

Activity: 393
Merit: 250
So here is what happened. Yesterday night, I withdrew BTCs from BTCT.co

Transferred: 22.65118847 BTC
  Payment Address: 1936Ej4GZeJ4LBsjHQ6U8v2tooTTa1jDFf
  Transaction ID: 248fefca0bae07642a39830d6f86a436c18f33855ec86e18794577f16421f5e7
  Site Fee: 0 BTC
  bitcoind Fee: 0.0005 BTC

Received them into my wallet and decided to send them to BTC-e (couldn't do it directly from BTCT.co as I had a locked withdrawal address).
Entered the all amount for transaction (previous to this, my wallet was empty as I rarely use it), entered my passphrase (around 25 random characters) and proceeded to send.
At this point Bitcoin-QT became unresponsive. I forced quit and restarted the application, and I got the message: "wallet.dat corrupt, salvage failed".
I retrieve the dat file from my daily backup and replace the corrupted one.
The wallet starts to sync, and my 22.65118847 BTC are still there.
I start again the process to send BTC to BTC-e, enter the passphrase, and at this point the app tells me I don't have enough funds.
I go to transaction and can see that the entire wallet is being transferred to 12YabLfo4W51EqU6amYNtopPJZjRJfU46U

I really don't want anyone to go through what I went in the last 14 hours. I therefore would very much appreciate any input from the community so as to understand where I messed up.

When that happened, I had Vanitygen Bitvanity running in the background. I also had Chrome running (gmail, btct,  btc-e, coindesk, etc. No dodgy websites). I m just trying to give any relevant info - let me know if I can provide anything more.

I m scanning the entire system with SOPHOS - it has done around 95% and found nothing.

Thank you all in advance for your input.

E.

[EDIT: Sorry, due to lack of sleep I just realised I had written Vanitygen instead of Bitvanity. Apology for the confusion to samr7, author of Vanitygen on Github]
Pages:
Jump to: