Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacked account? "Donator" selling account under his/her own name? - page 2. (Read 401 times)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
~
It does. You can see it above the "Favorite profiles to send sMerit to". It only appears when a certain user changes his/her email/password at least once.

I refreshed the profile of the mentioned user in the OP, and there doesn't seem to be any sec/mod logs for any password or email changes, and from that, I highly doubt that the account changed hands nor hacked.

It is possible that the user was unaware of account selling being frowned upon as what The Pharmacist mentioned above me.

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
The last post made by PsychoticBoy was in 2017 (though I have a lot of sections ignored), so it's possible that he's not aware that selling accounts became very much frowned upon back in 2016, and he might not be aware that putting his account up for sale like he did would earn him negative trust--but that's on him.

It might not sound logical that someone would do this, but from an economic standpoint it makes a lot of sense if someone doesn't plan on being an active member of the forum anymore and has an account with that much history.  Too bad it'll probably go for much less now that it's tagged.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 850
Does bpip.org provide log for password change or email change? If it does, I can't see any such changes for this account. Therefore, it’s unlikely that the account has been hacked or changes hand. I guess he is the real owner but not aware of the community standards on account trading. Hence, he offered his account for sale. If it’s real owner, I would simply make him aware which I did and avoid tagging him. However, it’s also possible that someone negotiating the deal without changing password or email and attempt a big amount scam.
legendary
Activity: 1921
Merit: 1230
AKA Ms-overzealous-condecsending-explitive-account
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/psychoticboy-account-for-sale-ex-staff-member-donator-extreme-legendary-5356653

Doesn't seem "logical."

Edit:  Evidently he realized it because the "sale text" was deleted.
Pages:
Jump to: