Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacked Blockchain.com Wallet - You should NEVER use online wallets ! - page 2. (Read 408 times)

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
Online wallets faced hacks from time to time so if you are still trusting them for storing huge amount like value of $25,000 then you have to bear the consequences.

Anyway OP move this thread to Web Wallets section.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Reddit user adm8877 reported losing his 2.4 Bitcoins (worth $25.000) from Blockchain.info website:

adm8877:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/d5fjsv/24_btc_hacked_from_blockchain_wallet25000_stolen/

2.4 BTC Hacked from Blockchain Wallet(25.000$ stolen)

Since you guys are experts in this domain, can you please advise what steps I can take to try to get my hard earned 2.4 BTCs back.. My story is :

I used my old iphone 5s to create new apple id new email new everything .. i downloaded the blockchain app and created the blochchain account to wich i transfered the 2.4 bitcoin . I never loged on other device with the blockchain account .

Last transfer i made to the phone was on 26 august 2019 . I closed the phone how i allways did and until today, when i wanted deposit other bitcoin on the account, never opened the iphone, it was closed .

It seems that on 28 august 2019, 2 days after last time i used the iphone someone transfered all my bitcoin out . They made 10 transactions of 0.24 out = 2.4 btc :

What is curious . They again used my blockchain account 3 times more to receive and send out money:

01 September 2019 0.64 BTC

03 September 0.4 BTC ,

10 September 0.39 BTC

So basically after someone stole all my money , it seems they keep using my blockchain.info account to put money in and out .

My question to you guys is what the hell happend ? I know that my bitcoin are lost and i`ll never see them again but who got hacked ? Who did the funds dissapeared ? Was my iphone hacked or was blockchain.info hacked ? How can i ever find out what happend so i can protect myself again .

I repeat . The iphone 5s i used was new reset phone , i make new everything , installed the blockchain app to wich i did not enabled the 2wasy verification . i just created the accout on the app and started using it .
source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/d5fjsv/24_btc_hacked_from_blockchain_wallet25000_stolen/

Conclusion:

I am not 100% sure who is to blame for this issue,
but I know that we should NEVER use any online wallet,
no matter how safe they claim it is.
Pages:
Jump to: