Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacked for 165k STAKE.COM - page 2. (Read 577 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
February 21, 2023, 11:03:08 PM
I don't know about procedure of Tether to freeze/ ban a wallet but I believe they have it. Tether token recoveries is not to freeze or ban a wallet but you can find some information. If the amount exceeding $1000, they will support you but charge you 10% of the recovery amount.

You can try to create a support ticket at Tether. Contact Tether Support and maybe will need support from Stake team with evidence of that hack, withdrawal to convince Tether team.

Not sure what are the chances of Tether helping out OP since OP is using a gambling platform (which is pretty much a regulatory slippery slope), but I guess there's nothing to lose now. Might as well try.
Activity: 130
Merit: 150
February 21, 2023, 10:18:15 PM
Start watching where those coins go, perhaps even set an alert on the address for when it moves. I was hacked for $9k back in 2018, and I was able to track the coins to Mercatox, where the scammer's account was frozen, and Mercatox returned the portion of coins that were not yet sold. Not every exchange will help you out like that, in fact, my case was probably a pretty rare exception, but keep faith if you can keep a track on the coins.

You'll need to act fast too in explaining things to the exchange where the coins end up (and this is all assuming that they do end up on an exchange), so it might be helpful to have your message pre-written out and ready to send so you can spring into action if the opportunity arises. Good luck!
Activity: 882
Merit: 290
February 21, 2023, 09:18:29 PM
Cheers guys, it’s not Bitcoin it’s usdt which can be frozen. That’s the premise of my question. If not doable that’s fine.
USDT can be frozen, true but it's not responsibility of forum members to seize it. Have you ever sent your request to Tether and ask them to freeze that address?

PSA: Most Stablecoins Can Be Frozen, Even in Your Own Wallets
Tether Can Freeze and Destroy Your USDT
Privacy and Cryptocurrency, Part IV: Stablecoins— Blacklists and Traceability

834 banned addresses that have up to 445,018,876 USDT in those banned wallets.

I don't know about procedure of Tether to freeze/ ban a wallet but I believe they have it. Tether token recoveries is not to freeze or ban a wallet but you can find some information. If the amount exceeding $1000, they will support you but charge you 10% of the recovery amount.

You can try to create a support ticket at Tether. Contact Tether Support and maybe will need support from Stake team with evidence of that hack, withdrawal to convince Tether team.
Activity: 756
Merit: 133
- hello doctor who box
February 21, 2023, 07:13:35 PM
Hey all-been hacked from stake yesterday and trying to somehow locate the coins or find out if i can have them frozen or whatever the case may be, I have posted in another section and without going through all the details I will attach the link. anyone with any experience please reach out and I would be happy to try and figure. something out together.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/diamond-5-stake-account-was-hacked-5440588

again, any help would be insanely appreciated.
Sorry can't help you there, There is no way of holding the hackers wallet so they probably cash out the bitcoin from their address or move it to other wallet.
I checked the link and you were logged in from a phishing link from telegram. That is a huge mistake to click on unknown links from telegram or anywhere, now you paid for that mistake. You have got some replies on your thread in gambling section maybe you can check them out, try to do something, but I think there is nothing you can do now.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
February 21, 2023, 06:49:25 PM
First, sorry for your loss.
I checked the link above on the gambling section it seems you already have an answer there, there's nothing that will help you aside from Stake only, not here.  If you need to sympathize that's it but your case didn't solve or else just try to move on by your own mistake by clicking malicious links that lead you to a hack.

Just learn from this costly mistake and stay away from Teleghram next time, as we know Telegram is a house of scammers who are waiting to have a victim.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
February 21, 2023, 06:33:48 PM
Hey all-been hacked from stake yesterday and trying to somehow locate the coins or find out if i can have them frozen or whatever the case may be, I have posted in another section and without going through all the details I will attach the link. anyone with any experience please reach out and I would be happy to try and figure. something out together.

unfortunately, you can't be helped much. Apart from some comforting words and sympathy, you can't get anything more. everything is absolutely your fault, and stake.com has no obligation to you.
do not offer any monetary reward for help, because you risk losing money there as well.

I am truly sorry for your loss, it is huge. but you have to move on.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
February 21, 2023, 03:39:21 PM

Pages:
Jump to: