Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacked several months ago lost a lot of bitcoins (87) ::sighs:: - page 2. (Read 981 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
OP, sorry for your loss.

For everyone else reading this thread, if you aren't using cold storage right now it would be wise to set that up as soon as possible. Learn from the OP's mistakes instead of suffering the same consequences.

Yes.  Two things to keep in mind:

1. I like to keep my BTC in various wallets, I use six (two on my computers, in two digitalbitboxes and two online wallets with relatively small balances).  Diversification of BTC stashes makes sense to me.

2. It is important to think twice when doing any BTC actions.  I lost some BTC due to not being alert to scams.  I am now more aware of threats, and I hope it does not happen again.

Agree with your thoughts re OP and readers of this thread.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Can someone please tell me what could have possibly happened though?? I feel if I still was able to use coinbase all of that would not have happened. But if i had all the security features enabled for both the wallet and the web exchange how in the bloody hell could it have happened? And as I was baffled the person according to bitstamp website logs had my desktop ip address which was back in NY when i was in Atlantic City NJ and it said he made the withdrawal and I confirmed the email (i never received it) and i had email notifications on what in the actual hell? Same with Blockchain wallet no notifications to notify me of the withdrawal this other person made how the hell could have it happened is what I want to know ::sighs::...?  is there some security loophole exploit in Bitstamp and Blockchain wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1012
OP, sorry for your loss.

For everyone else reading this thread, if you aren't using cold storage right now it would be wise to set that up as soon as possible. Learn from the OP's mistakes instead of suffering the same consequences.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Hello, I've been purchasing bitcoins and selling them on and off since 2013 or so using Coinbase. One day out of the blue I get an email saying Coinbase is closing my account and they didn't give any reason whatsoever so I panicked because I've been using them all along so I had to quickly research different wallets I could use and such and an exchange because I was going to start my vacation I had plans to go to Atlantic City. So I chose to use the exchange Bitstamp and transferred my bitcoins to the blockchain wallet from the coinbase exchange. I had a total of 87 Bitcoins (this all took place around January 30th-Feb 1st of this year) I had half in my Blockchain Wallet and the other half in the bitstamp site. I woke up the next morning and checked my wallet only to find it empty my heart nearly stopped it said my bitcoins were transferred to this btc address 1CKav2MDgWxwSq1uPUFtuUBjTJHxVD8PM2. I was able to sell about roughly 5,600 or so dollars worth of the bitcoins on bitstamp the night before but when I logged in the other half of my bitcoins were sent to the address 17paadXLu4ryTgCR8ZwUxyGrP7wuAG1528. I was totally ruined and depressed my vacation ruined all my hard money poof gone in an instant. Now mind you I had all the security measures enabled for the blockchain wallet plus the bitstamp site I was not notified of the withdrawal of all my bitcoins for both things via email or cell phone text NOTHING... it totally baffles my mind now something is very very strange. The history section on bitstamp can show you a log of all that you do and it shows each ip address for each thing you do (log in, change password, withdrawal etc...) my cell phone ip was obviously different than my desktop ip in new york I was in New Jersey atlantic city at the time the hacker person had the same exact ip address as my home desktop pc in NY... that is what made absolutely no sense. Does anyone want to figure out what in the happy hell could have happened? I've lost a gigantic fortune i'm a lower middle class guy and this could have really boosted me beyond my wildest dreams and it looks like i'll never get that opportunity ever again ::sighs::   Cry
Pages:
Jump to: