Pages:
Author

Topic: HACKED THIS AFTERNOON! PLEASE HELP! - page 2. (Read 604 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
April 16, 2019, 02:36:14 AM
This is an ultimate MCA. I am sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately we can't change it anymore, but the way it happened means that your whole network is compromised.

You need to get rid of this as fast as possible.

I suggest you do the following:
- Disconnect from the internet and don't connect anymore until you have cleaned everything.
- Make a backup of all relevant files (wallet files, documents, pictures, etc.. )
- Completely wipe (format) your hard drives (all of them; format your PC, factory-reset your mobile, if you have IoT-devices, factory reset them, ...)
- In the meantime try to regain access to your accounts from a clean device outside of your home network
- Reinstall your Operating system (please do not use cracked windows software or something like that, they are ALWAYS infected).
- Reconnect to the internet. From this point you can change passwords etc. using this device on your home network.

This is the only correct way of minimizing the damage.

Also, it is important to find out how this happened to not let it happen again in the future.
At least you should not store any coins on any online service (e.c. exchange) anymore and use a hardware wallet to store your coins.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 6080
Self-proclaimed Genius
April 16, 2019, 01:56:29 AM
Hacker must have already acquired most of your accounts earlier than the incident but waited for the right moment (recovery emails and info) to execute the transfers and all things that can slow down your recovery attempt.

For the culprit: All Devices including your Mac PCs were compromised.... it must be a DNSChanger virus or later variants that targets routers.
Take note that it's not limited to displaying malicious ads but also able to redirect you to phishing sites which might be the cause of the multiple account hacks.
Try to look for the browsing history for questionable URLs since even started from a bookmark, that virus can redirect you to a fake site.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
April 16, 2019, 01:29:42 AM
Bittrex everything has been consolidated into Bitcoin and is likely ready to send out into space.. As soon as seeing my bittrex portfolio, i was locked out..

The chances are tiny, but try to contact Bittrex support and tell that your account is hacked.
If they see it in time, maybe they can prevent the funds getting sent out and they'll do a thorough verification of identity.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
April 16, 2019, 01:23:12 AM
Sorry to hear what had happened to you.  Angry

Since crypto transaction is irreversible, you can't do anything about it. I will just advise you to just take some time off to at least recover emotionally.

Activity: 10
Merit: 6
April 16, 2019, 12:16:41 AM
Thanks for the reply HCP..

Sad day  : Embarrassed Embarrassed

Working on the gmail issues.. All of my recovery email addresses were compromised as well... hence me being pretty handcuffed on the email front..

I have reached out to Bittrex and Binance to freeze accounts.. Binance has done so but not in time.. KYC'd in both exchanges.

Here is the transaction out of my account: https://bitcoinwhoswho.com/address/1CenzCoKFoQyBdFbi1uYU1DEmyQFyM8cfm/urlid/13236721
This was a very very sophisticated attack.. I was simultaneously hacked at 2 email addresses.. I phone.. Multiple mac computers.. At&T (they changed my ssn and disconnected my phone!)..

At a loss.. total loss..

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4318
April 16, 2019, 12:09:49 AM
About all I can advise is trying to follow the steps here to regain control of your Gmail: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6294825

Sadly, as for all the crypto, that's gone... your chances of recovery are basically nil. Sad Undecided

You can try contacting the exchanges, but usually they'll just lock your accounts... and unless you had completed KYC and are verified, getting them back will be difficult.
Activity: 10
Merit: 6
April 15, 2019, 11:25:34 PM
Any help here would be extremely helpful. Help, resoureces.. contacts. anything.

I got hacked this afternoon.. first my email accounts (all of them), then my phone, then my computer.. one right after the other.

I still do not have access to email (gmail won't let me in via 2FA). I just regained control of my phone and 2FA.. Logged in to both my Bittrex and Binance accounts and am missing almost everything.. Binance is empty.. Bittrex everything has been consolidated into Bitcoin and is likely ready to send out into space.. As soon as seeing my bittrex portfolio, i was locked out..

Any input is greatly appreciated.. This is a significant amount crypto..

Help

Pages:
Jump to: