Pages:
Author

Topic: Hackers Breach MEGA Chrome Extension To Steal Crypto Private Keys - page 2. (Read 276 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

MEGA Falls Victim To Cybersecurity Breach

On Tuesday morning, concerned individuals across the web took to social media to reveal that malicious code had taken the place of MEGA’s chrome extension, which has been downloaded tens of millions of times across the globe. Some claimed that the updated code allowed the extension to gather sensitive data from popular websites across the internet.

At first, many believed that this hack only affected popular websites, like Google and Facebook, but upon further analysis, cybersecurity experts noted that the updated MEGA extension could grab sensitive data from crypto-related sites as well.

Ricardo Spagni, a well-known Monero developer, backed up this claim, telling his followers that Monero and Ethereum private keys could be stolen via the combination of MEGA Chrome (version)

https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/09/05/hackers-breach-mega-chrome-extension-to-steal-crypto-private-keys/

A not so friendly news to hear. I don't used MEGA Chrome extension, but I just want to give everyone a fair warning about a recent hack. Also mentioned in the articles are Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Github, MyEtherWallet, MyMonero, And IDEX were all affected. So stay safe everyone.

thanks for the information  Smiley
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
MEGA Falls Victim To Cybersecurity Breach

On Tuesday morning, concerned individuals across the web took to social media to reveal that malicious code had taken the place of MEGA’s chrome extension, which has been downloaded tens of millions of times across the globe. Some claimed that the updated code allowed the extension to gather sensitive data from popular websites across the internet.

At first, many believed that this hack only affected popular websites, like Google and Facebook, but upon further analysis, cybersecurity experts noted that the updated MEGA extension could grab sensitive data from crypto-related sites as well.

Ricardo Spagni, a well-known Monero developer, backed up this claim, telling his followers that Monero and Ethereum private keys could be stolen via the combination of MEGA Chrome (version)

https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/09/05/hackers-breach-mega-chrome-extension-to-steal-crypto-private-keys/

A not so friendly news to hear. I don't used MEGA Chrome extension, but I just want to give everyone a fair warning about a recent hack. Also mentioned in the articles are Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Github, MyEtherWallet, MyMonero, And IDEX were all affected. So stay safe everyone.
Pages:
Jump to: