Pages:
Author

Topic: Hackers steal data from MtGox server and release it with Mark's reddit account. - page 3. (Read 15315 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
The .exe in the info dump is a wallet stealer apparently. Haven't seen this posted yet?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/200k30/the_tibannebackofficeexe_executable_is_wallet/

If you ran it, hopefully you did so on a sandboxed computer or VM.

Well, ain't this motherfuckin' special! I waited till the all clear prior to downloading the file and unzipping it. Now, I learn that that wasn't a good idea.

What am I up against here, guys?

If you just unzipped it you should be fine. Just don't open the .exe or .pdf
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
The .exe in the info dump is a wallet stealer apparently. Haven't seen this posted yet?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/200k30/the_tibannebackofficeexe_executable_is_wallet/

Well, ain't this motherfuckin' special! I waited till the all clear prior to downloading the file and unzipping it. Now, I learn that that wasn't a good idea.

Missing bitcoins, possible suicide.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Someone should probably create another clean torrent without the malware and distribute that instead.  I know anyone dumb enough to run an executable in something like this basically has it coming, but there's no good purpose to be served by knowingly distributing malware.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Who could possibly have predicted that an exe file in an archive distributed by hackers would be a wallet stealer?  I bet some idiots ran it, too.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Well - downloading files from a hack - then proceeding to run an executable in said collection - well, if anybody loses bitcoin over that, sorry I can't say I'm having much sympathy.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Karpeles is a criminal in my mind because of his gross negligence when handling with MtGox customer funds.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
I checked , that data is correct ,but.....
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
My theory is that Mark Karpeles himself leaked this documents and is pretending his website and reddit got hacked, to strengthen his argument that the coins got hacked.

There isn't really any way to prove if he did or not.
Probably partially true...
I think he is on a Government gag order, if he talks directly he will go to prison for long time, and in this way he can give the info to the world.
They said on multiple occasion that there was an investigation that they could not talk about and at the beginning they also said they still have the BTC, but for a technicality, of which they also could not explain in details) could not be accessed. And about that part somewhere else few days ago some big wallet start moving BTC around.
The BTC are there and somewhere in the world are also the Keys.

You mean you're guessing without any proof. You're just another GOX turd. Go fuck yourself.

Karpeles is a thief and you're another GOX lover burying your head in the sand.  I should apologize though you're not as bad as the ones claiming the "bankster" are responsible for the GOX mess.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
My theory is that Mark Karpeles himself leaked this documents and is pretending his website and reddit got hacked, to strengthen his argument that the coins got hacked.

I think he is on a Government gag order, if he talks directly he will go to prison for long time, and in this way he can give the info to the world.
They said on multiple occasion that there was an investigation that they could not talk about and at the beginning they also said they still have the BTC, but for a technicality, of which they also could not explain in details) could not be accessed. And about that part somewhere else few days ago some big wallet start moving BTC around.

It was claimed on irc by the original 'spokesperson' for the hacker group that they'd had access to mtgox servers for a long time. Taking that into consideration, it would not be strange if they had access to login credentials for Mark to various services. Judging from the level of security he's been running, he might as well have stored all passwords in a text file..
Activity: 30
Merit: 0

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Well, I have solved a major problem.  I've been trying to do my taxes for a while but lacked my account trade data since Gox went down.  Today, I got it back.

What a crazy world we live in: Gox can't give me my own trade history, but hackers can!

Thank you hackers!

Yea real sunshine thu the rain stuff  Grin Cry Grin Cry Cry

The times we live in hey.
legendary
Activity: 1040
Merit: 1001
Well, I have solved a major problem.  I've been trying to do my taxes for a while but lacked my account trade data since Gox went down.  Today, I got it back.

What a crazy world we live in: Gox can't give me my own trade history, but hackers can!

Thank you hackers!
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
The btc_xfer_report.csv appears to include only deposits and withdrawals to external addresses, though no bitcoin addresses. It doesn't include the results of trading.

It also appears to include withdrawals which never went through and whose balances were subsequently refunded.

The xls was anonomyzed.
Activity: 332
Merit: 253
The btc_xfer_report.csv appears to include only deposits and withdrawals to external addresses, though no bitcoin addresses. It doesn't include the results of trading.

It also appears to include withdrawals which never went through and whose balances were subsequently refunded.
Activity: 899
Merit: 1002
This is MK leaking his own db. Not only does it now help provide the legal defense of evil hackers did it, we didn't run a ponzi, but the db even shows that they should still have bitcoins left over. The db is useless since it's just internal mtcrap accounting what you need is his wallet to match up to transactions to prove they didn't run a ponzi which was probably quickly moved to new keys and deleted.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Appears this dump may not contain transactions prior to the June 2011 compromise and database reset.

Yeah but isn't that database already available?
Activity: 332
Merit: 253
Appears this dump may not contain transactions prior to the June 2011 compromise and database reset.
Pages:
Jump to: