Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacking The KNC Firmware: Overclocking - page 26. (Read 144343 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
February 24, 2014, 01:59:40 PM
I rolled back my October Jupiter firmware from 1.0 to rev .99 (not the tuning version) without any issues.

I suspect rolling back from 1.0 to a tuning revision is causing problems.
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
February 24, 2014, 01:01:40 PM
I am in the same position, I've tried rolling back the firmware but it just trashed the miner and i had to put 1.0 firmware back on Sad

Contemplating using the recovery file now Sad

I think I've got mine back to it's previous 625GH

Had to roll back to 0.99.1-tune to achieve any success

Changed the cgminer.sh file back to 211, started cgminer, redid the SPI settings and all the voltages (fortunately I'd taken a screenshot after I initially set them up), restarted cgminer and appears to be OK

I am getting some AJAX errors from the GUI, but just ignoring those as it's running.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
February 24, 2014, 12:40:08 PM
Looking at the source code for the 'Advanced' tab I find in line 44-46 the following:

var dieFreqTemplate = $('');
         $.each(config.valid_die_frequencies, function(i, frequency) {
            dieFreqTemplate.append('');

it looks like this is a lookup of valid die frequencies from a file named 'config.valid_die_frequencies'.

Maybe we just have to find this file and amend it? Smiley

In short the CGI backend calls "waas -i valid-config" to determine which settings the ASIC allows. "config.valid_die_frequencies" is the JSON element reqturned from waas that is used to populate the drop down. waas itself also applies all settings and it will not accept anything outside of the range supported, be it 775 on the October and 1000 on the November. I hacked up the firmware to allow settings outside of the range, I am working through one issue now and will post it when it's done..
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
February 24, 2014, 08:40:18 AM
Looking at the source code for the 'Advanced' tab I find in line 44-46 the following:

var dieFreqTemplate = $('
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org