Pages:
Author

Topic: Had enough of wrong investments on ALTS? - page 2. (Read 264 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32
March 25, 2018, 12:17:39 PM
China's "Snapchat" which has 800,000,000 users, Google, facebook, twitter has banned ICO advertisements. Game over for ICOs
Activity: 350
Merit: 110
March 25, 2018, 12:13:02 PM
There are a few things which are out if our control even after we do the research.
A newer and similar project could surface to rival any project.
Development can stall for a number of reasons.
These have to be considered before investing anywhere.
Even though a new and most likely a similar project would exist or rival an existing one. It will all still depend on the support of the community on that certain project, how they value them that will determine the status of the coin in the crypto community. All coins really have no value, because of we (the community) are the ones giving it to them but that will be base on what features the project has that will make us support it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 136
March 25, 2018, 07:28:27 AM
There are a few things which are out if our control even after we do the research.
A newer and similar project could surface to rival any project.
Development can stall for a number of reasons.
These have to be considered before investing anywhere.
Activity: 700
Merit: 254
March 25, 2018, 07:22:24 AM
I have been reading in the forum that the gain from successful icos offset the loss of unsuccessful ones. It is only a question of luck (and some skills to select the right one in my opinion). Big number and statistic is the key.
Activity: 350
Merit: 110
March 25, 2018, 06:25:44 AM
I've been on the forum for quite a while now and I must say, I had my fair share of regrets about investing in a specific ICO or joining in their bounty campaigns. All those time, effort and money getting wasted at the end or you would wait for a very long time before you see the fruit of your labor. So how can we somehow mitigate the risk of investing in the wrong ones? Here are my preferences:

• The most important thing before investing/joining an ICO is to DYOR! that is your responsibility so that you will not blame the team or the ICO at the end because of how it turned out.
  • Upon doing your own research, you should be able to distinguish what kind of token the project will produce.
  • The kind of token we should invest with are "UTILITY TOKENS"
So what are Utility tokens? IMO, tokens that are used right off the bat to cancel out the transfer of money from one country to another, save fees and time like tokens for blockchain(ETH, NEO, NEBULAS, and AION) that acts as fuel whenever you want to stay connected to their blockchain while you are writing your dapp. These can be considered as Utility tokens.

This is what I've learned so far and you guys are free to share your point of view about it so that we can help each other on the forum one way or the other.
Pages:
Jump to: