Pages:
Author

Topic: Halving and Blackrock - page 2. (Read 198 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 3
June 24, 2023, 01:57:54 PM
I am somewhat cynical and believe the debt-laden countries and central bankers simply will not allow retail schmucks independence via crypto blockchains. Without interference, I believe BTC will climb to $ 150K in 2024 and $ 400-500K by 2028. If mining reward drops down to .00015 next halving. it appears I can mine around .25 BTC in 5 years with a 141TH XP. Still profitable factoring in .075/KHW based on the projected BTC price.

If they fork to POS, does this negate the 21 Million BTC max supply or will they contribute to the 21 million max supply?

Similar to ETH becoming a government-run POS disaster, I see Blackrock forking to a POS and commanding their lackeys in government to regulate miners into capitulation or bankruptcy. Thus gaining control over the purest form of cryptocurrency. It's really a crime the dregs of humanity who have debauched our currencies for centuries are now trying to usurp a truly functional financial system that affords us independence from the perpetual crooks.

Does this sound far-fetched?
Can a POS BTC and POW BTC truly co-exist?
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
June 24, 2023, 09:32:31 AM
2. Is there a good calculator for ROI and estimated rewards ( per day ) that calculates 5-10 years in the future or allows an input for estimated future value of BTC ?

No one can know what the future holds: the BTC mining difficulty, the various regulation changes in different countries, the capacity to produce ASICs of varying levels of performance, are absolutely unpredictable on a 5 or 10 years timescale.

Wouldn't it be too easy if we were able to predict the price of BTC and its difficulty?  Grin

3. Will BlackRock and the central bankers be able to fork BTC into a proof of stake coin? ( How are changes to BTC created ?)

And even if they created a proof-of-stake fork of BTC, I don't know who would be crazy enough to turn away from BTC for a PoS-based fork.
As stompix said, it's been done before, and the result speaks for itself.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
June 24, 2023, 09:10:38 AM
1. Is it correct to assume that each halving will result in a 50% reduction in rewards?
( If current reward is .0003 BTC, reward after halving will be .00015 ) ?

Yes, the halving is correct but not the sums, the block reward is 6.25 BTC per block and will be halved to 3.125BTC per block

2. Is there a good calculator for ROI and estimated rewards ( per day ) that calculates 5-10 years in the future or allows an input for estimated future value of BTC ?

No, but you can check in some back alleys, maybe you will get an old cat lady with a more accurate crystal ball.
But don't pay upfront for the prediction!

3. Will BlackRock and the central bankers be able to fork BTC into a proof of stake coin? ( How are changes to BTC created ?)

Anyone can fork Bitcoin and have their own version, you can do it also if you have basic knowledge.
There is already a Bitcoin Pos fork:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoinpos/

But, you can't force people to use your forked coin! That is in a normal country, if we talk about NK style, that's different!
Activity: 17
Merit: 3
June 24, 2023, 08:09:25 AM
1. Is it correct to assume that each halving will result in a 50% reduction in rewards?
( If current reward is .0003 BTC, reward after halving will be .00015 ) ?

Thanks,
Ron
Pages:
Jump to: