Pages:
Author

Topic: Halving is coming next year, is it time to invest in more miners? - page 2. (Read 1562 times)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10
We don't know yet. Probably the bitcoin price will skyrocket again and you will get break even or even can be able to get extra profits with your current miners. If mining business is still profitable, more resources will be put into this industry.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
I do have free power but it's limited so I cannot abuse it. I'd like to stay at my current limits.. Best case I would sell my s3s and get s7

better to go with the s7, even with free power, because s7, have a better resell value in the future, this is a big advantages

in the casethe price will not skyrocket and you need to sell your miner to have your roi
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
I do have free power but it's limited so I cannot abuse it. I'd like to stay at my current limits.. Best case I would sell my s3s and get s7
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Unless you have free power it would make sense to invest in the most power efficient miner you can buy, and at present that would be S7. If you do not have free power what is your cost per kWh? Hashnest charges flat fee of 9.71 cents per kWh for hosted S7 hash at Hashnest. If your power cost per kWh is less than 9.71 cents you should run an S7 at home, if you can handle the noise and have a dedicated circuit for the miner. If your power cost is over 9.71 cents/kW/h (and most locations are) you should just buy S7 hash at Hashnest. Check your power bill for kWh cost.

Personally I would wait and see underclock on Avalon 6.  No one has shown what it can do yet.  Until we see it hard to say what is best.

I expect soon someone will have an Avalon 6 and show us hoepfully a good underclock. The 4.1 was amazing on underclock hopefully the 6 will be the same.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
Unless you have free power it would make sense to invest in the most power efficient miner you can buy, and at present that would be S7. If you do not have free power what is your cost per kWh? Hashnest charges flat fee of 9.71 cents per kWh for hosted S7 hash at Hashnest. If your power cost per kWh is less than 9.71 cents you should run an S7 at home, if you can handle the noise and have a dedicated circuit for the miner. If your power cost is over 9.71 cents/kW/h (and most locations are) you should just buy S7 hash at Hashnest. Check your power bill for kWh cost.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Price of BTC could double, could triple, could fall to nothing it's all a gamble.. I'm currently mining .07 a day and would hate to mine half that at the current price.

What are you doing to prepare? I currently have one sp30, 9 s3 and 1 s5.
Pages:
Jump to: