Pages:
Author

Topic: [Hands On] Bitmain AntMiner S7 - Batch 8 - Notlist3d - page 4. (Read 15039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Any chance that you have messed with the Default Frequency?  The range has been all over the place on each batch and I was wondering if the Default Frequency of 700 on Batch 8 limits the overclocking ability?

thanks....

I think most will leave at default frequency. I don't expect anyone to really push it with it being at so high already.  It is pushing freq on default as shown below:

I do not think they will keep jumping all over on range for near future, but I could be wrong.  They have gotten a design that I think they will stick with, Batch 9 has same specs as Batch 8.   Also still on issue of running I sent that email asking on efficiency I am hoping Monday i get something back.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
Any chance that you have messed with the Default Frequency?  The range has been all over the place on each batch and I was wondering if the Default Frequency of 700 on Batch 8 limits the overclocking ability?

thanks....
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
All in all. Do you think it's the best choice for the money??

The s-7 is way cheaper then the Avalon six is and does more hash.

These are the only two you can buy with .25 to.32 watts a gh

I have an S-7 and two Avalon sixes.  All three overclock well.  But if you were in my garage and asked me to tell you phil should I buy the s-7 from you or the avalon six from you.

Based on money I would tell you buy the s-7.
Based on sound I would tell you buy the avalon sixes.

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
 All in all. Do you think it's the best choice for the money??
legendary
Here is running at around 17 hour's.  Getting right around 4.7 TH all default settings.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Right behind the inductor. There are 3 TPHR9003NL mosfet. I didn't take a photo when I took out the hashing board

Well those a pretty beefy mosfets, so just need some sort of controller chip and we are back to perhaps having a way to adjust the voltage?

Would be great for someone to measure the voltage across the full chain? but understand the warranty issues.

Rich
Activity: 99
Right behind the inductor. There are 3 TPHR9003NL mosfet. I didn't take a photo when I took out the hashing board
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
If you have the fans off again can you do a picture at the best angle you can get to show the back of the board on the other side from the new big inductor? I am beginning to have doubts about there being a buck converter chip there? Various reasons, which I won't go into for the moment.

Rich
legendary
Barely 4.73th as advertised. Getting about 4.6-4.7th

Mine has still not been on very long around 4 hours my average is: 4,710.30 .   It is using the bitmain PSU on a 240.  Still don't have the tools to measure watts yet.

I will let it run over the night and post a screenshot in morning a 12 hour test hopefully will be a little faster then my 4 hour one but chances are it will remain close to what it is now.
Barely 4.73th as advertised. Getting about 4.6-4.7th
legendary
I'm getting about 1440watts. Using 2 ibm 1440watter to power the miner.

Thank You! I appreciate measuring it.  With my current 240 setup my normal means of measuring are not working.  What speed are you getting at that wattage?
I'm getting about 1440watts. Using 2 ibm 1440watter to power the miner.
legendary
Here's something to get out of the way right away;

1. Hash Rate: 4.73 TH/s ±5%
2. Power Consumption: 1293W
3. Power Efficiency: 0.25 J/GH

1293/4730 = 0.27~ Efficiency. So it is 0.25 efficient or not. It says +10% at the wall, as if you have to add it to the 1293W, then that would be even less efficient. So what is the truth?

They do give it a percentage where at the wall it is higher like you mentioned.  

2. Power Consumption: 1293W + 10% (at the wall, with APW3, 93% efficiency, 25C ambient temp)
3. Power Efficiency: 0.25 J/GH + 10% (at the wall, with APW3, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)

I will send them a email to verify if it is closer to .27 on actual at wall. (It's weekend in China I might not have a instant anwser).

Don't bother, they aren't to be trusted. We need to measure these things our selves. I'll eventually get around to measuring DC and AC on my B8 and post results.

I should get an official anwser in email, but I expect it to be during the business week most likely.  But your input is very much appreciated if you do measure it and post your results in thread.

Bah, why not check with a wattmeter what the draw at the wall is for Batch 8? For example the S5 says 0.51J/W, and i get 0.49J/W actual. If for the S7, its 0.27J actual at the wall, then its not 0.25J efficiency at all. If you add a 10% to that, you're almost at 0.3J/W efficiency. Either way it sound like its not 0.25J anymore, since the first few batches which actually were.

For previous batches people reported that this time around (For the S7 overall), the efficiency rating listed was DC, not actual consumption. And that J/GH has been getting worse as later batches came to be.

Part of the reason for this thread is that things have changed since Batch 1's so much.  The reason I don't have a wattage like I normally do is it's on a 240 which with current equipment closest I can get is in amps... so not to good.  We want more accurate then me guessing, and I expect that to come.  

I realize you want exact and correct numbers so were on same page as far as what we want.   Just give it a few day's or little time before bashing it to much.  The goal is to get accurate information as most of reviews were based on old batches (1 was most).  I think we need a more up to date look at it.   And as people report usage with different PSU's it will come I think.

Also put the ** above in specs showing it is being looked at.  I hope that will allow us a little time to get different PSU's and efficiency. 
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

1293/4730 = 0.27~ Efficiency. So it is 0.25 efficient or not. It says +10% at the wall, as if you have to add it to the 1293W, then that would be even less efficient. So what is the truth?

2. Power Consumption: 1293W + 10% (at the wall, with APW3, 93% efficiency, 25C ambient temp)
3. Power Efficiency: 0.25 J/GH + 10% (at the wall, with APW3, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)

I will send them a email to verify if it is closer to .27 on actual at wall. (It's weekend in China I might not have a instant anwser).

Don't bother, they aren't to be trusted. We need to measure these things our selves. I'll eventually get around to measuring DC and AC on my B8 and post results.

I should get an official anwser in email, but I expect it to be during the business week most likely.  But your input is very much appreciated if you do measure it and post your results in thread.

Bah, why not check with a wattmeter what the draw at the wall is for Batch 8? For example the S5 says 0.51J/W, and i get 0.49J/W actual. If for the S7, its 0.27J actual at the wall, then its not 0.25J efficiency at all. If you add a 10% to that, you're almost at 0.3J/W efficiency. Either way it sound like its not 0.25J anymore, since the first few batches which actually were.

For previous batches people reported that this time around (For the S7 overall), the efficiency rating listed was DC, not actual consumption. And that J/GH has been getting worse as later batches came to be.
legendary

I should get an official anwser in email, but I expect it to be during the business week most likely.  But your input is very much appreciated if you do measure it and post your results in thread.
legendary
Activity: 1596

legendary

They do give it a percentage where at the wall it could be higher like you mentioned.  

*Sent them a email asked on 240 with recommended PSU (The Bitmain PSU) well update once I get anwser.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

legendary
Reserved
legendary
Reserved Q/A
Pages:
Jump to: