Pages:
Author

Topic: [Hands On] Bitmain AntMiner S7 One Fan (S7-F1) - Notlist3d - page 2. (Read 7400 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Best Share: 0.  Looks like they still haven't bothered to address that little quirk.

Quirks and all it's working very well so far.   In the Midwest we have all kinds of weather so this miner in the few day's it's been running has seen upwards of 80 degrees to 50's and raining.   

Still using auto on fan no changes other then static IP, and pool info.  And it's handled the variety of weather without any issues as far as air temperature going into my mining area.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Best Share: 0.  Looks like they still haven't bothered to address that little quirk.
legendary
How is your fan set ?

Your temps looked pretty good what is the room temp?

Also to say something else nice about bitmain warranty  one of their workers: Yoshi is the person that paid my compensation from my bad batch 1 even though it was purchased from mainland China.

Fan is set to auto, it seems to work good so far within first few day's.   So far have not any problems with it as it heats up it speeds up... and slows down as it cools down.   That was a pretty high RPM but it was around 80 F outside during first set.  

It is around 60 F outside now and here is fan currently:

As I monitor it more I will get some readings with my temp gun out of mining area.  But so far I don't really see a reason to set a fan level as it does a good job on it's own. For initial testing literally only things changed were the IP to static, and my pool info.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
How is your fan set ?

Auto?

Manual

100%?

95%?

90%?

85%?

Your temps looked pretty good what is the room temp?

Also to say something else nice about bitmain warranty  one of their workers: Yoshi is the person that paid my compensation from my bad batch 1 even though it was purchased from mainland China.
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
It makes me remember Avalon6.
legendary
legendary
Reserved For Expansion
legendary
Hands On with the AntMiner S7 With One Fan

0) General information
1) Unpacking
2) The Miner
3) Voiding Warranties
4) Running the miner
5) Conclusion
6) How to purchase

0) General Information
The Bitmain S7 has become the dominate miner in the current generation of miners.  It has evolved over it's many batches to become what it currently is today.  Since batch 8 they have stuck with the same familiar frequency and chip combo that consistently hits it's 4.73 TH mark.   There was a recent batch though of the Bitmain S7 that had one fan, which is a change from it's two fan predecessors.

I did get one of theses Bitmain S7 with one fan for the purpose of documenting it.  I will differ from other threads by opening up the miner, please note this does void warranties doing this.   After this I will be running it and putting it through it's paces in my mining area in the mid-west summer.  This will be documented in this thread.  

Below you will see the S7 with one fan has the same specs as batch 8 and above with the obvious difference of the "1x" on fan specification now. I did open the front fan and it is a Delta QFR1212GHE that is a 6000 RPM fan ( http://s100.photobucket.com/user/notlist3d/media/S7-F1/DSC_4373_zpsu1zqai08.jpg.html )

Specifications:
1. Hash Rate: 4.73 TH/s ±5%
2. Power Consumption: 1293W + 10% (at the wall, with APW3, 93% efficiency, 25C ambient temp)
3. Power Efficiency: 0.25 J/GH + 10% (at the wall, with APW3, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)
4. Rated Voltage: 11.60 ~13.00V
5. Chip quantity per unit: 135x BM1385
6. Dimensions: 301mm(L)*123mm(W)*155mm(H)
7. Cooling: 1x 12038 fan
8. Operating Temperature: 0 °C to 40 °C
9. Network Connection: Ethernet
10. Default Frequency: 700M

1) Unpacking
It is worth noting this miner was ordered from the Bitmain Warranty site that is located within the US.  This lead for very quick shipping and no customs wait.  So it was a very positive experience on shipping. The miner made it without any trouble.  Below is a picture of the miner out of the box showing how it safely arrived.

2) The Miner
Below are images to showcase the miner.

3) Voiding Warranties
With this one fan version I had not seen a ton of pictures with it fully open.   My curiosity got the better of me and you will get to see it opened up as shown below.  In the first set you will see the opening of the miner and the actual hashing boards.  In the second set you will see the difference between the 2 fan and 1 fan back.

4) Running the miner
As usual very easy to set up and get running if you are familiar with the AntMiner GUI.  I did change network settings to set up a static IP, and setup my pool information. Below you can see the S7 hashing away after setup.

Below shows the miner actually mining:

5) Conclusion
So far the S7 with one fan has worked as expected. The install was like any other S7, and pretty easy for my setup.  PSU was fast and simple using the the APW3-12-1600. And setup with Bitmain's familiar GUI on setup is about as easy as it gets.  

I will admit I was a little skeptical at first when I heard one fan, but so far all things look like it is working very well.  And to it's credit it is a nice fan being the Delta QFR1212GHE. It seems to be working well without any issues with only one fan.  I will continue to update this as I run it more and as summer heats up more.

It was my first order from Bitmain Warranty.  I would say it was a very positive experience that I have already mentioned with location in US the very quick shipping.  Also some might like the option of purchasing an extended warranty of up to 180 days (90 more then standard). Also I thought it was very notable that with ordering with them on the warranty paperwork included you don't go through normal retail for warranty, but actually have a phone number where you can call and talk to a person about any warranty work.

6) How to purchase
This miner was purchased from Bitmain Warranty: https://bitmainwarranty.com/shop/products/us/antminers71fanus/
Currently they don't have a batch with the S7 with one fan but there is of course the standard site: https://enshop.bitmain.com/product.htm

Please don't bash others, or try to turn into a ROI/other debate.  Yes things such as ROI and other topics have a valid point, but this thread is to show the hardware
Pages:
Jump to: