Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy Anniversary, SEGWIT! - page 4. (Read 1358 times)

legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
August 16, 2019, 09:23:38 AM
This is the reality.
BTC Miners => 4 Mining Pool operators = security is dependent on 4 guys with over 51% attack vector.  Cheesy
your non-mining nodes do nothing to secure the network.

Just so I've got this straight, you want to present the simultaneous argument that Bitcoin is centralised due to a limited number of miners and also that a distributed network of non-mining nodes don't help at all with securing the network?  Is that correct?
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
August 16, 2019, 04:50:53 AM
More miners => more secure => more confidence => more users => higher price => more miners => ...

This is the reality.
BTC Miners => 4 Mining Pool operators = security is dependent on 4 guys with over 51% attack vector.  Cheesy

No matter the energy waste the btc miners give 4 guys a 51% attack potential every day.
LTC also has a mere 4 guys with a 51% attack potential,
which is why coins that have more than 4 guys are more secure than your PoW pooling coins.

Misinformation. There's more than 4 mining pools, although I admit that mining has been cartelized into a few players, especially Bitmain, who threw away Jihan Wu in the trash can.

But, the game-theory behind Bitcoin is holding everything together, miners will not dare attack the network. Something that cannot be said of your dead Zeitcoin. Hahaha!

FYI:
Wind_Fury is so clueless, he thinks running a non-mining node can earn him money.  Cheesy

Try harder, troll. Cool
Activity: 109
Merit: 1
August 13, 2019, 11:12:29 AM
I like updates of protocols. After segwit im paying much less fees
Activity: 200
Merit: 73
Flag Day ☺
August 13, 2019, 11:08:23 AM
More miners => more secure => more confidence => more users => higher price => more miners => ...

This is the reality.

No matter the energy waste the btc miners give 4 guys a 51% attack potential every day.
LTC also has a mere 4 guys with a 51% attack potential,
which is why coins that have more than 4 guys are more secure than your PoW pooling coins.

FYI:
Wind_Fury is so clueless, he thinks running a non-mining node can earn him money.  Cheesy
legendary
August 12, 2019, 04:33:37 AM

Nothing about bitcoin is sustainable, exponential energy waste, new asics needed every 2 years, no guarantee that price covers cost, competitors with cheaper fees and faster performance with just as good security.

"just as good security"---no, not with regard to attack cost.

why should there be any guarantee that price covers cost? is that true for gold miners or any other commodity producers? of course not, because that's not how free markets work.

What anti-Bitcoin newbies like Kahos77 fail to understand, or avoid to understand, is that Bitcoin's model has been very sustainable. It's already right there in front of their eyes for 10 years.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
August 12, 2019, 03:03:17 AM
The same miners holding up BTC are holding up BCH and BSV,
you may believe them when they say they only support one coin.
But hey , you're kind-of-really stupid.  Cheesy

compare their respective hash rates. miners obviously believe in BTC much more than those altcoins.

Nothing about bitcoin is sustainable, exponential energy waste, new asics needed every 2 years, no guarantee that price covers cost, competitors with cheaper fees and faster performance with just as good security.

"just as good security"---no, not with regard to attack cost.

why should there be any guarantee that price covers cost? is that true for gold miners or any other commodity producers? of course not, because that's not how free markets work.
legendary
August 12, 2019, 02:42:21 AM
Plus use Bitcoin.com's mining power to mine Bitcoin Cash without the miners' permission, like the last time. Or pump Bitcoin Cash through their mined Bitcoins, like the last time.

Either of them will not be sustainable.

The same miners holding up BTC are holding up BCH and BSV,
you may believe them when they say they only support one coin.
But hey , you're kind-of-really stupid.  Cheesy

Roll Eyes

Try harder troll.

BTC got problems, I imagine it would die before you noticed them .  Tongue

Many have debated that, yet 10 years later it's still the king. Long live the king! Cool
legendary
August 11, 2019, 02:08:31 AM
if you cared about bitcoin and cared about people in the worlds utility of it, more than your own greed of getting rich from others loses. you would actually see things more clearly.

If you cared about Bitcoin, you'd stop trying to turn it into a shitty BCH/SV clone.  That benefits no one other than the people in charge of those centralised shitcoins.  Now go whine to the devs of your preferred client, BU, to implement all the utterly dismal, imbecilic crap you think would make Bitcoin better.  Most of the devs on this chain just think you're a sad joke.  No wonder they ridicule you.

Wait for the next Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Bitcoin Cash SV halvings. The Miners Of The Forks can't mine at a loss forever. The Forks will either follow Bitcoin's model, or their miners leave and mine Bitcoin.

or they do another hard fork (5th one?) and manipulate the difficulty again to invent the incentive for miners to mine their shitcoin just like they did in the early days when they were practically giving away 12000-13000 BCH per day to miners and it was worth ~0.24BTC back then so the miners profit was ~3000BTC per day instead of 1800BTC per day.

Plus use Bitcoin.com's mining power to mine Bitcoin Cash without the miners' permission, like the last time. Or pump Bitcoin Cash through their mined Bitcoins, like the last time.

Either of them will not be sustainable.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
August 10, 2019, 06:54:56 AM
if you cared about bitcoin and cared about people in the worlds utility of it, more than your own greed of getting rich from others loses. you would actually see things more clearly.

If you cared about Bitcoin, you'd stop trying to turn it into a shitty BCH/SV clone.  That benefits no one other than the people in charge of those centralised shitcoins.  Now go whine to the devs of your preferred client, BU, to implement all the utterly dismal, imbecilic crap you think would make Bitcoin better.  Most of the devs on this chain just think you're a sad joke.  No wonder they ridicule you.

Wait for the next Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Bitcoin Cash SV halvings. The Miners Of The Forks can't mine at a loss forever. The Forks will either follow Bitcoin's model, or their miners leave and mine Bitcoin.

or they do another hard fork (5th one?) and manipulate the difficulty again to invent the incentive for miners to mine their shitcoin just like they did in the early days when they were practically giving away 12000-13000 BCH per day to miners and it was worth ~0.24BTC back then so the miners profit was ~3000BTC per day instead of 1800BTC per day.
legendary
August 10, 2019, 05:35:37 AM

If you cared about Bitcoin, you'd stop trying to turn it into a shitty BCH/SV clone.  That benefits no one other than the people in charge of those centralised shitcoins.  Now go whine to the devs of your preferred client, BU, to implement all the utterly dismal, imbecilic crap you think would make Bitcoin better.  Most of the devs on this chain just think you're a sad joke.  No wonder they ridicule you.

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
August 07, 2019, 11:33:50 PM
i know the fact SegWit transaction have bigger size in byte

nested segwit inputs are a little bigger than old style inputs, but bech32 (i.e. native segwit) inputs are a little smaller

the bech32 outputs are smaller not as inputs, it is because the ScriptPub (of type P2WPKH in comparison to P2PKH) doesn't have the same OPs otherwise the transactions spending them are bigger.
every SegWit transaction has overhead. there is the 2 byte marker/flag (=0001), there is a 1 byte leftover CompactInt indicating size of ScriptSig being zero, and finally the CompactInt added to witness indicating the number of items in it.
unless i've missed something in transactions, the total size seems to be the same for P2WPKH (smaller previous tx but bigger tx spending it)
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
August 07, 2019, 04:45:35 PM
as for ETF and Carltons debate about transaction size

bech32 uses MORE bytes
also nested segwit is also bigger
even funnier part is segwits only real purpose is for a LN gateway which requires bytes for a lock and multisig meaning when segwit does get real active for its true purpose the bytes per transaction will be higher

P.S
there are stupid websites that push the positive propaganda of segwit.. like this one
https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/segwit/
celebrating how bitcoin has a 2mb block.. but look closely at the image... number of transactions: 225 (facepalm)

and good old doomad. running out of technical rebuttles so resorts to personal attacks.. how obvious
also trying to make out that i am part of bch team is him scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

if only he knew more about bitcoin and LN and not so much caring for his own greed, would doomad be singing a different song
by the way. devs do ridicule me. until they realise fixing bitcoin means more then protecting their own reputation. the ridicules end up just being about how i inform the community of flaws rather than be about the flaws. yea i dont spoon feed all details but for good reason. if those who rebuttle cant work it out, its their loss

as shown by doomads link. the devs had to do a workaround for segwit when i started mentioning its flaws in 2015/6.
same with segwits noinput. i mentioned it last year and suddenly they decide after introducing it to then not make it a public release and even a year later they still cant figure out a workaround for it. (but they still want to have it, otherwise they would have dropped it)
seems that doomad and devs have things in common. care more about reputation than bitcoin issues
legendary
August 07, 2019, 04:44:03 PM

im afraid to tell you that your not going to get rich via your LN promoting and utility

No, moron, you've got that backwards.  I've already told you.  
legendary
August 07, 2019, 03:57:08 PM
How about you actually wait to see how it's implemented before you completely jump the gun

some moral following devs have also highlighted the flaws.. you seem to be someone that wants things to break and then say "oh well X did say it was an experiment"

you love the idea of getting people off the network, you love the idea of increased fee's to deter usage, you love the idea of promoting positives to get newb's in. but then lack care about what happens when users actually want to use it

it appears you are more so the "scum" as you have quite openly shown how much you dont want people to use bitcoin as a currency

good luck with your greedy self indulgent idea's of how you wish bitcoin to be bypassed and users pushed towards other networks. but even with me wishing you luck, im afraid to tell you that your not going to get rich via your LN promoting and utility
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
August 07, 2019, 01:26:51 PM
i know the fact SegWit transaction have bigger size in byte

nested segwit inputs are a little bigger than old style inputs, but bech32 (i.e. native segwit) inputs are a little smaller
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
August 07, 2019, 12:03:29 PM
but concentrating just on segwit.. lets list what segwit promised and if it has/hasnt achieved it
1. better transaction capacity: no
    bytes per transaction has got worse since segwit.
    segwit is actually more bloaty.
    even with a 1.3x byte growth compared to ~2015 stats the tx count has not risen by 1.3x
But the reality says otherwise due to max. block size change from 1MB to 4.000.000 weight unit and SegWit have lower transaction weight size.
dang you really are believing the propaganda.
segwit does not have lower transaction BYTE hard drive storage size. it has UNCOUNTED size which they refer to as Virtual byte. these virtual bytes are used to make all the weight of a block appear as 1mb to not break the now outdated1mb rule

but when it comes to WEIGHT which does account for actual bytes. segwit tx actually uses more bytes compared to a legacy tx of same input/output count

maybe best to learn about segwit and how it mis-counts bytes

I didn't say SegWit transaction have smaller size in byte and i know the fact SegWit transaction have bigger size in byte, what i said are :
1. SegWit transaction have far lower weight size
2. SegWit indirectly allow higher TPS because max. block size changed from 1MB to 4 million weight unit

2. fee efficiency: no
    fee's in 2015 where pennies with a top price of 25cents before users complained. fees now are more by averaging 25c
And without SegWit and SegWit adaption, it'd be worse since less transaction would fit info a block which would increase avg transaction fees.

Besides, using cents rather than satoshi makes your comparison useless because because Bitcoin price in 2019 is higher than 2015
same could be said about the other way, using satoshi's instead of cents. less people are transacting as often because the cost is so high

Fair point, but the fact average transaction fees would be higher without SegWit remains true

the grand debate of bitcoins purpose WAS about a open currency without borders. yet the tx fee of bitcoin has ruled out utility to many countries of unbanked people

I agree with your opinion, but few people also argue that's the cost of decentralization.
legendary
August 07, 2019, 09:07:50 AM
people on this forum dont want to know only the fluffy positive propaganda which they will get from adverts and people promoting bitcoin. people want the real information which includes the negative.. remember to be on this forum they must have already heard of bitcoin. so there is no need to be trying to positively sell people on the fluffy cloud features. because they have already been introduced.. instead they want proper and real information

instead of trying to hide the negatives.. you should also be highlighting them.
a great currency is one that recognises its flaws and fixes them. not works around/hides them
if you actually cared for bitcoin then you would have the old mindset of the original devs that actually wanted people to try to find the flaws and try to break bitcoin so that bugs can be fixed.

How about you actually wait to see how it's implemented before you completely jump the gun with your alarmist 'sky-is-falling' nonsense, where you insinuate we're locked into a course where SegWit transactions will be malleable?

You could have phrased it that if the feature was implemented incorrectly, it had the potential to allow malleability.  But you chose to phrase it in the way that you did, making it sound as though malleability was the only conceivable outcome. 

You just can't help yourself.  Stop pointing the finger at other people when they call you out on the undeniable fact that you bring it all on yourself.  People would stop calling your integrity into question if you stopped giving them every reason to.

If it looked likely that the proposed feature would reintroduce malleability and devs still wanted to push ahead with it, then I would absolutely question that decision, just as I suspect everyone else here would.  Which is precisely why such an outcome is unlikely to ever occur.  But not once in the course of your last few years of your mindless FUD have you ever come close to making a reasonable statement like that.  As such, you deserve all the attacks people make on your character.  I can't even begin to comprehend how you look in a mirror and like what you see.  You are scum.
legendary
August 07, 2019, 07:30:27 AM

just because you didnt get it, doesnt mean i didnt "show anything/offer" and doesnt mean "there's nothing"

You "get it", OK. Or you claim you get it. But it doesn't mean there's "something", especially from your history, your anti-Core bias, and your pro-increase-block-size-or-die-propaganda.
legendary
August 07, 2019, 06:40:11 AM
He has been asked this question on numerous occasions and never answers it.  Also, his story has already changed since March, when he claimed they had already introduced it.  Now they apparently only want to introduce it:

recently due to new feature needs. core devs introduced a new sighash opcode that actually allows segwit tx's to malleate again..

I'm starting to think he doesn't actually know what the difference between a sighash flag and an opcode is.  But here he is on his little soapbox telling us that the developers don't know what they're doing.   Roll Eyes

1. july 2018 (14 months ago) devs introduced the new feature which they said would be included in the next segwit script update
2. devs were actually playing around with it meaning those with applications that had it in could use it.
3. the words i used were not 'publicly activated feature'
4. the words i used were "introduced".. which is the case
5. as shown by many quotes i could offer you, including one example i put into previous post to windfury. i have actually been telling people about no input since last year. shame you couldnt pick up on the subtly too
6. no input is both a sighash and opcode. if you dont think its a sighash then maybe you should review the bip which literally calls it SIGHASH_NOINPUT
7. you can do all you want trying to insult a forum username by attacking the personality. but if you do your research you will end up agreeing with the stuff i mention. (once you wipe away your 'fluffy cloud only mention positives' mindset)

people on this forum dont want to know only the fluffy positive propaganda which they will get from adverts and people promoting bitcoin. people want the real information which includes the negative.. remember to be on this forum they must have already heard of bitcoin. so there is no need to be trying to positively sell people on the fluffy cloud features. because they have already been introduced.. instead they want proper and real information

instead of trying to hide the negatives.. you should also be highlighting them.
a great currency is one that recognises its flaws and fixes them. not works around/hides them
if you actually cared for bitcoin then you would have the old mindset of the original devs that actually wanted people to try to find the flaws and try to break bitcoin so that bugs can be fixed.

P.S segwit is not a bugfix. its a gateway tool for another network
legendary
August 07, 2019, 05:31:53 AM

devs want to introduce new opcodes to segwit that reintroduce malleability into segwit

I've heard this before, but couldn't any detailed info. Do you know any info or which opcodes which you  believe will reintroduce malleability?

i have been subtle to tell some that i will offer them no input into their research of discovering which opcode will introduce malleability into segwit

if you cant figure it out, maybe you need to do more research

Welcome back! But,

Roll Eyes

More misinformation from franky1, what's new. You can't show anything/offer no input because there's nothing. Happy 2nd Segwit Anniversary! Cool

i think the subtly game is up due to pooya revealing NO input.. if you didnt get the hint when i was being subtle about offering no input.. maybe you just didnt get the hint

i literally in several topics told people including yourself i was both being subtle.. and i was offering them NO_INPUT

and one in particular doesnt like it when im being subtle but give him no input
just because you didnt get it, doesnt mean i didnt "show anything/offer" and doesnt mean "there's nothing"

but now its been presented to you clearly. i hope you actually do some research on the matter. and i mean read code and documentation. not just get propaganda fluffy cloud speaches from friends that cover up the true risks.

EG doomad saying he loves schnorr and soft forks. which shows he has not looked into the risks and is just fluffy clouding
Pages:
Jump to: