Pages:
Author

Topic: Harvard Economist says your money isnt safe in the bank, withdraws $1 Million - page 2. (Read 3548 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
I dont have the answers as to what the alternative is, I just know that I dont personally use any large bank such as B of A.  I think buying some precious metals is a good idea, but more so just having food.  At the very least it will give you a lower grocery bill for the next few months. 
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Hoist the Colours

I think everyone is feeling a little uneasy about this. But what is the alternative? Turn 1 mill into gold and bury it in the woods somewhere? If a bank employee sells the information to some criminal the person's life can be in danger. They kill for far less than $1mill.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/is-your-money-safe-at-the-bank-an-economist-says-no-and-withdraws-his/

Harvard economist Terry Burnham is worried about the safety of his money that he formerly kept with Bank of America.  His reasoning:

1. I receive zero dollars in interest on my $1,000,000

2. They may not be able to come up with all of it

3. The FDIC only has $41 billion in reserve against $6 trillion in insured deposits

An interesting article, with some tips on what to do with your cash.  I've been seeing more and more respected economists come out talking about a very probable dollar crash, this being the most recent one.
Pages:
Jump to: