Pages:
Author

Topic: Has anybode suggested the idea of "crypto-communes"? - page 2. (Read 204 times)

legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1512
A majority for this type of governance is way too little. A super majority of 2/3, perhaps even 4/5 seems more reasonable. 51% of a community having plenary power means they govern over the remaining 49%. There would need to be some mechanism of balance that would allow the minority at least some degree of influence.

And if forced transactions were permitted, the currency system would become useless. If someone has a disproportionate share of wealth and is within the top percentage of earners, the bottom majority could confiscate all of the wealth from top earners. It turns into communism with wealth redistribution more than it turns into anarchy. And has there ever been a society which has shown restraint rather than alacrity to take other people's money?
Activity: 221
Merit: 26
I has already described my understanding of "Kropotkin's anarchism", the essence of which is not the withering away of the state, but the development of people's communities at the bottom level. I wrote that such communities will be effective if they have the opportunity to punish individual members for selfishness (with fines) by the decision of the majority. This is the principle of any state: in it people are forced to pay taxes and comply with laws, or rather, those who do not do this are punished, and no one asks if you need to pay these taxes. I think, theoretically, with the help of DeFi, communities that work on the same principle can be organized. It will look like this: members of the commune must keep some amount of money in special coins. These coins will be like ordinary bank accounts, with the ability to transfer to another participant, and with two conditions:
1) By the decision of the majority, forced transactions can be carried out, i.e. money in your account can be transferred to another account;
2) You can withdraw your coins into real money only with the consent of the majority.
Such a commune can unite from 20 to thousands of people, and it will quickly become clear that the leaders of such groups will force the members of the commune to help each other in every possible way, to get to know each other first, and this will be very beneficial for everyone. Those who refuse to work for the benefit of the commune will be fined by the commune.
Pages:
Jump to: