Pages:
Author

Topic: Has anyone here received bitcointalk phishing emails? - page 2. (Read 232 times)

Activity: 2464
Merit: 934
But sometimes Bitcointalk reports legit links as phishing or suspicious once any member sends links in private messages.

Afaik that only applies if you receive pm from newbie account, but email is still from bitcointalk.

I don't receive any phishing emails I am confused about what you trying to say so what exactly do you mean by "you cross about scammers may now phish 2fa"?

Assume you have 2fa enabled on your binance account. You may receive phishing mails for your 2fa code. I was implying this could become thing for bitcointalk for as well, since this forum now has 2fa.

Theymos already added 2FA if you receive an email from Bitcointalk it's not phishing email check the topic below

- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/2fa-added-5478824

Better check carefully the email you receive if the email is not a bitcointalk then it is a phishing email.

I'm aware of that.

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
I don't receive any phishing emails I am confused about what you trying to say so what exactly do you mean by "you cross about scammers may now phish 2fa"?

Theymos already added 2FA if you receive an email from Bitcointalk it's not phishing email check the topic below

- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/2fa-added-5478824

Better check carefully the email you receive if the email is not a bitcointalk then it is a phishing email.
Activity: 462
Merit: 767
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
I don't remember receiving such emails. I never published the email that is connected to my Bitcointalk account. So, there is no possibility that I may get any phishing emails. But, yeah, I receive emails every time I receive private messages. Sometimes, I receive PMs from newbies but I never check any links from untrusted sources. I don't remember receiving any private messages with phishing links. Or else, I would have reported them.

But sometimes Bitcointalk reports legit links as phishing or suspicious once any member sends links in private messages. If you are receiving Phishing emails, you should consider creating a new email, and start using a new email. I recommend using an exclusive unique email for Bitcointalk only. But, since 2FA is here, you could utilize it for better security.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 934
Was reading 2fa topic, and thought crossed about scammers may now phish for 2fa codes, then realized I have never received password phishing mails in first place.

Have you?
Pages:
Jump to: