Pages:
Author

Topic: Has anyone made a comfortable living only investing in crypto trends? - page 2. (Read 4996 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 280
Alot of us bought BTC when they were *cheap* and been holding them since. Hoping they will keep climbing in value. And at the same time many altcoins rise and fall, people buying low and selling high, or even shorting BTC on sites like Bitfinex... Or mining new coins and then dump them as soon as they hit the market. There are also many securities out there to invest in like ASICMINER and HAVELOCK and now some mutual fund types investing in many altcoins, bitcoin and shares in crypto companies.

I am not talking soo much about Pool operators, or people with massive ASIC/FPGA/GPU/Rent-A-Server Farms, nor people that are just hodling. Looking for people invested in buying, holding and selling coins short / semi long term and or buying securities in groups that mine and give out dividends on their output.

With all these options out there, to invest in. Where you can possibly get a monthly, annual dividends, or as stated trade on the exchanges. Has anyone made this their full time job and been successful at it?

Certain names come to mind like Chris Dunn and Johnny Roquemore.

In the altcoin scene there are many professional traders. That would be the place to look for anyone interested in making a living trading crypto.
You also have the issue that all alts have no real value so they will eventually all go to more or less zero. (you just need to wait long enough for this to happen).

Either that or actual economies will rise resulting in real spending and demand for certain alts.

It's not impossible.
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
A.K.A The Black Marvel
WAIT - is what we all have to do

Wait for what? Wait for it to drop to 0?
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
WAIT - is what we all have to do
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Alot of us bought BTC when they were *cheap* and been holding them since. Hoping they will keep climbing in value. And at the same time many altcoins rise and fall, people buying low and selling high, or even shorting BTC on sites like Bitfinex... Or mining new coins and then dump them as soon as they hit the market. There are also many securities out there to invest in like ASICMINER and HAVELOCK and now some mutual fund types investing in many altcoins, bitcoin and shares in crypto companies.

I am not talking soo much about Pool operators, or people with massive ASIC/FPGA/GPU/Rent-A-Server Farms, nor people that are just hodling. Looking for people invested in buying, holding and selling coins short / semi long term and or buying securities in groups that mine and give out dividends on their output.

With all these options out there, to invest in. Where you can possibly get a monthly, annual dividends, or as stated trade on the exchanges. Has anyone made this their full time job and been successful at it?

In the altcoin scene there are many professional traders. That would be the place to look for anyone interested in making a living trading crypto.
You also have the issue that all alts have no real value so they will eventually all go to more or less zero. (you just need to wait long enough for this to happen).
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

In the altcoin market I feel like a fish being eaten by sharks, goodbye trading.
Activity: 490
Merit: 280

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
If only there was any way of telling if someone had made a comfortable living. I personally would love to make a comfortable living however it's something that will not happen over night and definitely will take a lot longer than a year to accomplish something like that. Hopefully one day it may happen Smiley
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I wish i could live off BTC and cryptos  Cry Cry
Activity: 66
Of course many people have made a comfortable living only investing to altcoins if that what you are suggesting with the topic title.Alts mean a good business if you made a correct decision where to put your money and time onto
Activity: 83
I would have made a confortable living if I didn't have sold all my RDD coins when they were valued less than dust.
legendary
Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000
Late comers lose a great deal of money investing in altcoins and over paid for bitcoin.

You never know whether they overpaid or not. A couple of years down the line, they could be sitting on huge profits.

No one know what the future hold. One thing for certain is people over paid by wide margin based on today price.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Late comers lose a great deal of money investing in altcoins and over paid for bitcoin.

You never know whether they overpaid or not. A couple of years down the line, they could be sitting on huge profits.
legendary
Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
There are a few people who could possibly live only on crypto trends. There are some coin devs, some pump and dump fanatics (yeah, those whales who crush your dreams of making a nice profit), those alt coin scammers, and of course, the one and only Satoshi Nakamoto (though we never know who he really is, it must be obvious that he also profits from what he has started). Smiley

I don't think Satoshi's coins have moved, have they?
Although some time in the future, they may help him live comfortably.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
I think that makes our lives comfortable not only by investing in crypto currency like bitcoin, Maybe this time bitcoin could make our lives comfortable, but can not always like that, comforts of life are not only judged on how many bitcoin that we get, but how much of our gratitude for what God has given to us, hopefully this statement can inspire a lot of people ...  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
There are a few people who could possibly live only on crypto trends. There are some coin devs, some pump and dump fanatics (yeah, those whales who crush your dreams of making a nice profit), those alt coin scammers, and of course, the one and only Satoshi Nakamoto (though we never know who he really is, it must be obvious that he also profits from what he has started). Smiley
Activity: 111
Best bet is to stick to BTC as your main crypto and then invest in some promising next gen altcoins like maidsafe, crypti, node - something that still has a chance of really taking off.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Alt coin developers probably make quite a lot compare to a regular job.

Remember, some of the developers were involved in several coin projects and then abandon the coin after the initial pump from unsuspected investors.
I think a lot of the altcoins are really nothing more then a way to make their creators rich. IMO they serve very little, if any, other purpose. Bitcoin is able to provide much more then what any other altcoin can provide.

There were many scamcoins which made their creators really rich, sometimes scammers are really clever I have to admit.
IMO with the exception of NMC and LTC all alts are "scamcoins" as they really do not anything of value to their users. I say NMC is not a scam because it provides the domains and LTC because it was the first scrypt based alt, however I would doubt that either be successful over the long term. 

I hope Dogecoin is included in that exception. :p
Dogecoins are now failing in value and so, getting more of it now is easier. Just hope that the value will rise again to make it worth keeping now and selling someday. Cheesy
Unless you see something that dogecoin can offer as value that bitcoin does not then it will not be. Granted the doge community does seem to be for some reason very active, this alone is not something that can potentially give it value. I think the reason why LTC is an exception to the rule is because it was the first of it's kind just like bitcoin is.
Activity: 153

Remember, some of the developers were involved in several coin projects and then abandon the coin after the initial pump from unsuspected investors.
I think a lot of the altcoins are really nothing more then a way to make their creators rich. IMO they serve very little, if any, other purpose. Bitcoin is able to provide much more then what any other altcoin can provide.

There were many scamcoins which made their creators really rich, sometimes scammers are really clever I have to admit.
IMO with the exception of NMC and LTC all alts are "scamcoins" as they really do not anything of value to their users. I say NMC is not a scam because it provides the domains and LTC because it was the first scrypt based alt, however I would doubt that either be successful over the long term. 

I hope Dogecoin is included in that exception. :p
Dogecoins are now failing in value and so, getting more of it now is easier. Just hope that the value will rise again to make it worth keeping now and selling someday. Cheesy
Activity: 209

If you are a speculator/gambler, you can still make a lot of money from these 'scamcoins'.
The fact that you like to speculate and/or gamble with your money does not increase your chances of making money off of trading altcoins. It only means that you are willing to take on more risks when attempting to make money. This means that you have a greater chance of investing in this altcoins (aka scamcoins) but is also means you have a greater chance of loosing your money doing this.
Pages:
Jump to: