Pages:
Author

Topic: Has anyone seen the Google Donation Popup thing? - page 2. (Read 1557 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
well is hard to donate soo many bitcoins to help a third person,and about the impact that would have into bitcoin community would be zero,why most people dont know what it is and wont use or get interested because some people donated money as bitcoin.Atleast this is my opinion atleast donating with bitcoin wont affect bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024
I don't think the bitcointalk community is that generous. A 10M$ goal would be unrealistic.
As for people seeing this as an opportunity to raise Bitcoin's popularity, I doubt it will have any effect even if the campaign is very successful.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Already saw it and thought immediately "too bad they don't accept Bitcoin" Smiley

There's already an organization accepting Bitcoin for this cause.
Can you post link where I can donate bitcoins to that organization?

This donation think is a great way to increase public bitcoin awareness, we - as bitcoin community need it badly.
But we need also some centralized company/organization to be in charge of the money from donations.

Trying to find it... Saw it on a user's sig around here actually. I'll post if I end up finding it.
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
Helping people with donation is a good time, but we also have to know who"s we helping
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
I was going to search something on Google and this thing at the top appeared (like the blue bar that asks you about accept cookies). A grey bar appeared. It's basically a donation thing for the Syria crisis. They have already donated 2 million dollars out of 10 million goal. I instantly thought about Bitcoin. Could we do a donation thing for this too? If the Bitcoin community surpassed 10 million dollars, the headlines would be great, and we do need positive headlines. We need the average Joe to know that Bitcoin can be used for good things too, this may be a great opportunity to shine.

Are you insane ? Since when do we want to support terrorists ?
Every money that goes to Syrians is wasted, i guarantee you that. Just come to countries that Syrian refugee's immigrants are in or are passing, and you will see their true nature.
There are riots and mini'wars that they started from Macedonia to France. They're starting riots in europe but they didn't have balls to fight in their homeland.

Please stop wasting money thinking you are doing the right thing. You're NOT.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Already saw it and thought immediately "too bad they don't accept Bitcoin" Smiley

Can you post link where I can donate bitcoins to that organization?

This donation think is a great way to increase public bitcoin awareness, we - as bitcoin community need it badly.
But we need also some centralized company/organization to be in charge of the money from donations.
legendary
i don't use google since ... 1 year.

https://duckduckgo.com/

Altough this is not the main goal of this thread, is there something other than their word that guarantees that they don't track us in any way whatsoever?
legendary
i don't use google since ... 1 year.

https://duckduckgo.com/
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
I was going to search something on Google and this thing at the top appeared (like the blue bar that asks you about accept cookies). A grey bar appeared. It's basically a donation thing for the Syria crisis. They have already donated 2 million dollars out of 10 million goal. I instantly thought about Bitcoin. Could we do a donation thing for this too? If the Bitcoin community surpassed 10 million dollars, the headlines would be great, and we do need positive headlines. We need the average Joe to know that Bitcoin can be used for good things too, this may be a great opportunity to shine.
Very great idea.I am in.Please let me know when and how to donate
legendary

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
Pages:
Jump to: