Pages:
Author

Topic: Has my data been breached? - page 2. (Read 211 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 161
December 03, 2021, 02:12:01 AM
Sure, it could be a random coincidence, nothing new with technology going apeshit. However, I think that maybe a breach didn't happen, but someone did try to breach it and a verification code was sent to your phone and they are out of luck. Maybe. I mean, the technology is getting better and better and data breachers have a lot more tools at their disposal nowadays, so I wouldn't be surprised. The best thing to do is to contact Coinbase customer service and let them guide you to the best solution on how to check this.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
December 03, 2021, 02:08:50 AM
<...>
Although what you received is an SMS and not an email, the following link provides information on how to check if anyone has manages to access your account (it will display failed attempts too apparently):
https://help.coinbase.com/en/coinbase/privacy-and-security/avoiding-phishing-and-scams/why-did-i-receive-an-unexpected-device-confirmation-email

This thread shows a case similar in nature to yours:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CoinBase/comments/qpy5qk/constant_text_verification_codes/

I’d start by checking the logs, and then perhaps contacting Coinbase to see if the SMS’s origin (number) is really theirs and so forth.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 694
[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope
December 03, 2021, 01:57:26 AM
Never experienced it so far I've never used a phone number for the exchange access method. My presumptions:
- Your number is used by someone else to sign up to Coinbase.
- Someone else is trying to access your account with your phone number (if it's connected). To be sure, you just need to check your login session history.

You just need to be careful with your phone number, I read one hack story that phone numbers can be bypassed.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 758
December 03, 2021, 12:52:34 AM
I received the following text on my phone yesterday, which alarmed me. I have a Coinbase account but never actually use it, however, that's not the case. How the heck did I receive this message? My main concern isn't the Coinbase account, but the probability of having a data breach, which could potentially be used as a gateway to other accounts.

Could it be a random coincidence, is there a way to see my recent login locations on Coinbase?

Pages:
Jump to: