Pages:
Author

Topic: Has Solidcoin finally been shut down? - page 2. (Read 5288 times)

vip
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
February 25, 2012, 10:33:39 AM
Why were the block rewards of SC cut down by what, 10,000% This was because there was so much demand?

Have a read here :- http://solidcoin.info/economy.html

Basically it's more to do with adding an automatic inflation / deflation mechanism and removing the remaining pyramid scheme aspect from the economy. From this point on coins are pretty fairly made now vs 2 years from now. It's also a market stabilization feature that many businesses want before they adopt a cryptocurrency. So now it's fair to mine without devaluing past coins and eventually will be a very stable price due to these features.

Thanks for clearing that up Wink
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
February 25, 2012, 10:28:18 AM
Why were the block rewards of SC cut down by what, 10,000% This was because there was so much demand?

Have a read here :- http://solidcoin.info/economy.html

Basically it's more to do with adding an automatic inflation / deflation mechanism and removing the remaining pyramid scheme aspect from the economy. From this point on coins are pretty fairly made now vs 2 years from now. It's also a market stabilization feature that many businesses want before they adopt a cryptocurrency. So now it's fair to mine without devaluing past coins and eventually will be a very stable price due to these features.
vip
Activity: 840
February 25, 2012, 10:15:39 AM
And yet despite obvious bullshit, Solidcoin has ton of followers. I think Coinhunter wastes his true talent with Solidcoin, he would do much better for himself as a cult leader.

The reason SolidCoin attracts people is because it has clear progression from Bitcoin and the goals they have gel well with many intelligent and logical people. Of course such a thing is "heresy" on these forums as SolidCoin is competing with Bitcoin, but if you came onto irc or the forum you'd see they have a different "class" of supporter than Bitcoin.

I don't think it's cult like at all, logic just appears that way as it gives everyone a clear guide on how to interpret the world truthfully.

February 25, 2012, 09:38:20 AM
And yet despite obvious bullshit, Solidcoin has ton of followers. I think Coinhunter wastes his true talent with Solidcoin, he would do much better for himself as a cult leader.

The reason SolidCoin attracts people is because it has clear progression from Bitcoin and the goals they have gel well with many intelligent and logical people. Of course such a thing is "heresy" on these forums as SolidCoin is competing with Bitcoin, but if you came onto irc or the forum you'd see they have a different "class" of supporter than Bitcoin.

I don't think it's cult like at all, logic just appears that way as it gives everyone a clear guide on how to interpret the world truthfully.
Activity: 341
February 24, 2012, 10:50:07 PM

he should totally run for office
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
February 24, 2012, 09:33:27 PM
Lol, Coinhunter cracks me up Cheesy

DDOS in progress - Coinhunter says "..."

DDOS stopped - Coinhunter says "Pff, look! Everything is fine!"

Douche Cheesy

Activity: 350
February 23, 2012, 04:59:20 PM
Lol, Coinhunter cracks me up Cheesy

DDOS stopped - Coinhunter says "Pff, look! Everything is fine!"

Douche Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1190
February 23, 2012, 01:20:31 PM
Welcome back Coinhunter/Realsolid/Viper/Psy/Sockpuppetdujour.

If people want to ddos the SolidCoin tyrant nodes, there is nothing that can be done. The block chain stops until the tyrant nodes are able to process blocks again. Of course, now that the DDOS is over transactions go through. Notice the complete lack of comment about how great Solidcoin was doing until after the DDOS ended.  Cheesy

SC2 = fair weather blockchain.

Imagine how much fun SA could have when they compromise a tyrant node.
February 23, 2012, 12:05:43 PM
Well we can see how well it worked for Solidcoin  Grin Grin Grin

Wasn't put in place until the latest attack. But we'll see how it goes I guess.
Activity: 574
February 23, 2012, 11:20:06 AM
And in related news Idi Amin is still dead.
February 23, 2012, 07:30:37 AM
Looks like the site is up to me :- http://solidcoin.info

If people want to ddos the SolidCoin websites then there isn't much that can be done. DDoS are temporary and have nothing to do with the decentralized SolidCoin network. Over 1500 different SolidCoin nodes have existed in the past 3 weeks, try DDoSing them all. Tongue

I hear that SolidCoin are offering DDoS website protection to anyone wanting it, so any businesses wanting it can get some cheap/free protection from the teenagers who think it's cool using their botnets.
Activity: 350
February 23, 2012, 05:24:33 AM
There's still time Smiley
Activity: 1008
February 23, 2012, 04:18:24 AM
I'm happy to report that despite this lame DDOS attempt on a couple of Solidcoin websites, the Solidcoin network is running perfectly with no issues. Just sent a test transaction which confirmed within 3 minutes. As most of you will know, the websites are in no way connected with the Solidcoin network itself, so a DDOS on them has no effect.

The two major Solidcoin exchanges, slc24.com and btc-e.org are also working well with no issues.

So no, Solidcoin has not been shut down.

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
February 23, 2012, 12:52:01 AM
Man alive... This is painful to watch. I hope at least one of these coins survives all this nonsense.

Why?   If they die from something as simple as this, they should not exist.  You can't take down bitcoin with a DDOS attack.
I'm not concerned with the DDOS from a technical standpoint, and actually, they're good in a way, since they force devs to up the ante a bit.  Rather, these childish wars as whole between competing coins don't paint a pretty picture for merchants who just want to do good, clean business.

Imagine China and India duking it out, bombing each others' mints, and burning their banks to the ground. Who's currency do you want to use? Neither? You want to stick with USD?? What's wrong with you? lol
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
February 23, 2012, 12:15:07 AM
Man alive... This is painful to watch. I hope at least one of these coins survives all this nonsense.

Why?   If they die from something as simple as this, they should not exist.  You can't take down bitcoin with a DDOS attack.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
February 22, 2012, 10:03:17 PM
legendary
February 22, 2012, 09:55:19 PM
Coinhunter over on Solidcoin IRC saying nothings wrong LOL...

I'll have to take your word for it, I was taken out in the last series of mass bannings.  Roll Eyes
legendary
February 22, 2012, 09:30:47 PM
This will end when the Solidcoin community decides Coinhunter doesn't speak for them.

Coinhunter holds the private keys to the SC tyrant-nodes. He will always speak for them.
It is why we refer to them as sockpuppets.
Activity: 291
BTCRadio Owner
February 22, 2012, 09:09:04 PM
damn, hungry for a taco now
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
February 22, 2012, 09:02:49 PM
Vircurex is down too... jeez.

edit: Looks like http://slc24.com/ is toast too
Pages: