Pages:
Author

Topic: Has this been done? Coin for a US Town - page 2. (Read 960 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
April 15, 2015, 10:40:56 PM
Why the pessimism?  Grin Some friends and I have had great success with a few non-digital currencies. We have a few hours exchanges in my town. We also have some good tech colleges. I'm not suggesting a release into the wild such as how altcoins are done here. Probably something promoted just locally and looking for miners among the tech industry here. If it's such a terrible idea, why?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
April 15, 2015, 10:15:19 PM
you'd get 1 or 2 total idiots to buy in, and then you'd end up in a shallow grave.

any other questions?
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
April 15, 2015, 08:45:52 PM
Hi there, I'm new to the forum. I was thinking of creating a coin for my town and promote it to the town and local businesses. Has this ever been done before and what do you think some of the considerations would have to be in developing such a coin? The point would be to have a coin for real local trade from yard sales to supporting local business (non-national franchises). And exchanges would be mostly done using mobile wallets and technology. So you could go to a yard sale and a customer could use their phone to scan a label on an item or the salespersons phone, or they could scan the customer's; and that's how transactions happen. It could be promoted in local papers and local media TV/Radio/Net/Ads + Flyers and things. No rush-- just wondering if it's been done and possibly what kind of challenges would be faced? What considerations would have to be made?
Pages:
Jump to: