Pages:
Author

Topic: Hash Rate Will NEVER Drop EVER! Read why - page 2. (Read 2393 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
January 24, 2015, 07:46:47 AM
WTF is this shit?

OP did you just fucking eat a bag of dicks? I cant imagine someone can be so dumb yet still able to stumble their way on to this forum.

Ask CPU miners and see if they "MOVED" those CPUs around. This section never cease to amaze me.

Here is what i found so far about bitcoin community:

+ Bitcoin General Discusion: 50/50 getting bitcoin or genuine interested

+ Speculation: Full of greedy fcks use shills, sockpuppet to lure emotional traders into their slaughter house. 90% of them dont give rats shit about bitcoin

+ Mining: 90% retards, 5% Smart, and 5% liars/delusional.

alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052
January 24, 2015, 02:08:16 AM
This is patently incorrect. There is mining hardware that has been turned off and will never return to hash another hash. Truly old ASIC's and most GPU's are no longer hashing. While I am not predicting any long term decline in hashrate, there are short term drops, and I think we are seeing a moderating of the increases. There is mining hardware that truly get sold for scrap, never to hash again. The OP is correct that it takes quite a while for non-current and inefficient hardware to truly stop hashing. Predictions of "All S1's are no longer hashing" is equally false.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
January 24, 2015, 12:04:38 AM
Many are speculating that the hashrate will drop because mining is no longer profitable and they will shut down their rigs. While this is true one needs to remember that unless the mining equipments gets DESTROYED or put in STORAGE most likely it will be shipped to another party who will turn the equipment back on.

Since nobody will DESTROY the mining equipment it will be put to use in 2 ways

1) Turned off temporarily: The miner might turn off the equipment for a couple weeks or months and see if conditions improve. If they dont, it will be moved to option 2.

2) Sold and Shipped to someone else: Many around the world have dirt cheap to free electricity. These are the ones who are buying up these cheap miners due to the low risk and high reward scenario.

The MINING EQUIPMENT and HASHRATE is NEVER destroyed only its MOVED. The hashrate might spike up or down for the next couple of weeks but its only due to the fact that the equipment is temporarily turned off because its currently in shipping.

Discuss
Pages:
Jump to: