Pages:
Author

Topic: HashFast BabyJet users thread - page 19. (Read 68949 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
February 23, 2014, 02:39:55 PM
I have found out that if the pi goes down and will not start again that you can get it restarted by writing the SD card again.
 If it does not work the first time write over the card again. Not the beast fix but it keeps you running.
legendary
Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000
February 23, 2014, 01:55:05 PM
where's this "fantastic" "HF-Engineer" ?  disapear too ?  Roll Eyes
LOL;  indeed....   Grin

Left the company. Check out the team on the web site - he is no longer listed.

He was listed under what name? Can't have been HF-Engineer....
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
February 23, 2014, 01:39:43 PM
LOL;  indeed....   Grin

Left the company. Check out the team on the web site - he is no longer listed.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
February 22, 2014, 06:46:40 PM
For the third time in the last week, my BabyJet has shutdown for no apparent reason. Even my BFL miners, that have been humming along nicely for nearly four months, have been having issues with Eligius, tonight. This BabyJet can't be left alone. It is bad enough that the RPi died after a couple of weeks, and HashFast doesn't give a rip.

I give up. Just label me a sucker. I'm going back to bed...

What miner version / OS are you using?

BFGminer on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. My RPi has a bad SD card reader...

BTW, The BabyJet went off-line again, about an hour ago...  Sad

Running BFGMiner on Windows here, and yeah, it's getting "sick" about once a day. I have guiminer restart it if it's in the sick state, so not much is lost.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Bitcoin Enthusiast
February 22, 2014, 06:37:03 PM
For the third time in the last week, my BabyJet has shutdown for no apparent reason. Even my BFL miners, that have been humming along nicely for nearly four months, have been having issues with Eligius, tonight. This BabyJet can't be left alone. It is bad enough that the RPi died after a couple of weeks, and HashFast doesn't give a rip.

BFGminer on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. My RPi has a bad SD card reader...

BTW, The BabyJet went off-line again, about an hour ago...  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
February 22, 2014, 12:06:52 PM
LOL;  indeed....   Grin
February 21, 2014, 10:45:19 PM
I have it on a thumb drive
it was on my to do list
thanks
February 21, 2014, 10:35:23 PM
ckolivas thanks. I was able to get the BJ to run with 3.11 on windows 7 Grin.  It crashed after 1 hr and did not restart on its own so I made another SD card and went back to mining with Pi. I did read the readme file 3 times. Only a little of it made sense to me but that is because of my ignorance. I am going to read more and try to get it to auto recover this weekend when I can watch it all the time.

Thank You again
you were a big help and very patient

Check out cgwatcher ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cgwatcher-140-a-guimonitor-for-cgminer-bfgminer-to-help-minimize-downtime-159267 )
It allows you to point it to your cgminer version and you can configure it to restart cgminer if things go bad. It has a nice gui and is easy to configure. You can also configure cgminer with it via GUI so you don't have to edit conf files etc.
February 21, 2014, 09:25:18 PM
ckolivas thanks. I was able to get the BJ to run with 3.11 on windows 7 Grin.  It crashed after 1 hr and did not restart on its own so I made another SD card and went back to mining with Pi. I did read the readme file 3 times. Only a little of it made sense to me but that is because of my ignorance. I am going to read more and try to get it to auto recover this weekend when I can watch it all the time.

Thank You again
you were a big help and very patient
February 21, 2014, 04:12:39 PM
One tip:

If you happen to point your BabyJet to a bitcoin-qt wallet, make sure you turn off the minepeon donation.

bitcoin-qt uses GetWork, and the minepeon donation uses stratum.

The switch from GetWork to stratum works (sort'of), but when it switches back to GetWork, cgminer now looks for a stratum longpoll on that GetWork, which causes it to go insane (lots of errors).
February 21, 2014, 03:43:01 PM
But I don't know where cgminer is started from in the first place, so I can't modify it to do that.

Quote from: HF-Engineer
In MinePeon, the shell script that calls cgminer is:
/opt/minepeon/etc/init.d/miner-start.sh

Hah! Thanks. I see it's already running under tmux. So to connect to that, just type:
tmux attach -t cgminer

Then when you're done and want to get out, use ctrl+b, then d

February 21, 2014, 03:33:45 PM
But I don't know where cgminer is started from in the first place, so I can't modify it to do that.

Quote from: HF-Engineer
In MinePeon, the shell script that calls cgminer is:
/opt/minepeon/etc/init.d/miner-start.sh
February 21, 2014, 03:06:01 PM
yes ues an app like putty , then to log in use u: minepeon pw: peon
Afaik his problem is that SSH to putty will connect him to a new terminal and there seems to be no way to connect to the console session to see cgminer's interface.
Maybe this link helps: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=299286 but I think you want something that will attach to the console terminal without any interaction needed on host.

I'm not exactly sure why you need to do this tbh, if you say "interact with cgminer" what kind of interaction you got in mind? Switching pool?

Right. In general you can run a Linux app under screen by using e.g.
screen vi

or something, and then connect from another terminal session by using
screen -r

Mostly I want to be able to clear statistics in cgminer. (I'm doing solo-mining and want to clear out Best Share every now and again without rebooting the miner.)
February 21, 2014, 02:39:02 PM
Afaik his problem is that SSH to putty will connect him to a new terminal and there seems to be no way to connect to the console session to see cgminer's interface.
Maybe this link helps: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=299286 but I think you want something that will attach to the console terminal without any interaction needed on host.

I'm not exactly sure why you need to do this tbh, if you say "interact with cgminer" what kind of interaction you got in mind? Switching pool?
February 21, 2014, 02:07:59 PM
February 21, 2014, 01:05:41 PM
This may be an obvious question...

In the RPI minepeon dist for the BabyJet, how do I get cgminer to run under 'screen' (so I can do screen -r)?

The 'Monitor' in the web page is cute and all, but I want to be able to interact with that cgminer instance, and you can't do that from the web page.

I'm not a linux wiz, but afaik it should be possible to SSH onto the RPi's console screen, no?

That part I figured out Smiley.

But the current cgminer isn't running under screen right now, and I don't know how to get it to run under screen.

(I'm also not a linux wiz.)
February 21, 2014, 12:46:54 PM

In the RPI minepeon dist for the BabyJet, how do I get cgminer to run under 'screen' (so I can do screen -r)?

The 'Monitor' in the web page is cute and all, but I want to be able to interact with that cgminer instance, and you can't do that from the web page.

I'm not a linux wiz, but afaik it should be possible to SSH onto the RPi's console screen, no?
February 21, 2014, 10:43:22 AM

February 21, 2014, 09:44:47 AM

February 21, 2014, 09:42:22 AM
Pretty sure it will be the same golden nonce chip, just with an improved power supply.

lol

For added flexibility in customer installations, power supplies are not included.

I meant the parts on the board which convert the 12V from PSU to the very low voltage the chip needs.
Pages:
Jump to: