Pages:
Author

Topic: Hashrate Difficulty Climbing - page 2. (Read 1109 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
August 15, 2013, 03:24:27 AM
The expectation is for difficulty to be between 200 and 500 by December - more importantly, you likely ordered from BFL; they are MORE than 1 year behind in the shipping queue, if by recently ordered you mean you paid for your order in the last 2 months, there is little chance that you'll have it by November.  That said, I'm assuming your basing ROI on the current cost of 1 coin, right?  Keep in mind that the unit you bought probably cost 25BTC (ignoring $$ for a moment).  SO when you calculate this out you should see what it will take to make 25BTC. If you are going to 'invest' then your want to level the field - since you could've bought the 25 BTC just the same.  Basically once it produces 25.1BTC plus power, time and effort (costs) it's going to be profitable.

Unfortunately you are not incorrect in your assumption that you may never make this money back - or maybe you have free power and Internet and you can leave this running for 10 years...  Lots of variables to consider...
legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072
quack
August 15, 2013, 03:12:46 AM
I wouldn't be surprised about 200 million hashrate by November. That's just 4x more than it's currently AND there's a lot of promises of delivering very much hashing power before the end of this year. If you ordered Bitfury-powered miner, atleast it's the most energy efficient miner currently.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
August 15, 2013, 03:07:41 AM
I recently ordered a 50GH/s unit that I would have (optimistically) wanted it to pay for itself in 3 months (delivery date November). It would appear now, with projections and the almost 50% increase in difficulty recently, that the trend for a 50%+ increase will continue. Especially with the time solving/confirming dropping from 10min to 5min.

It would appear that I won't ever even break even with this unit that I pre-ordered.

How accurate are the predictions that the difficulty will be at 178mil by November 2013?
Pages:
Jump to: