Pages:
Author

Topic: HASHWallet by eSignus - Most Secure, Non-Programmable Hardware Wallet - WYSIWYS - page 2. (Read 375 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
In all honestly that explanation sounds like a fancy and technical way to explain that users have no control of their private keys.
The OP mentions that the keys are not based on any seed but from the quotes HCP pulled "recovery seeds" and "seed cards" are stored with at least 2 different parties.

What are we supposed to do with the "Recovery Keys" in case you cease your operations?
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
An innovative key recovery system

Forget about endless lists of words on a piece of paper. Thanks to a disruptive key recovery system, users have a new tool to prevent 100% loss of their cryptocurrencies — the highest level of trust, coupled with friendly and straightforward user experience.
I'm all about the recovery... behind the actual security of the private keys, this is the biggest thing for me.

From your website, I was looking at the recovery process
Once the new HASHWallet has been initialized, we perform the recovery process by loading our Recovery Seed from the Seed Card and the Recovery Key from the custody service or from our own source.
Can you explain what this "custody service" is? and/or "your own source"?

"If I lose my HASHWallet, how can I get my public and private keys back?"
HASHWallet comes with two additional cards named Smart Seed Cards. When the device is first initialized, it will pair with the seed cards via NFC, so these will store a Recovery Seed. Also, during this set-up process the card will generate a Recovery Key, which will be stored on the eSignus Vault. In case of losing the device, simply purchase a new HASHWallet and recover the keys from one of the Seed cards and the Recovery Key.
"If eSignus disappears, how do I access my Recovery Key?"
In the rare event that eSignus ceases to operate, there would be a period where HASHWallet users could download their Recovery Key and store it by themselves.
Is the end user not actually in control of the recovery key? Huh Honestly, that seems like a bit of a deal breaker to me... Undecided
copper member
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
copper member
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

The day has come! HASHWallet launches its crowdfunding campaign with a special 30% off deal for its first backers.

Back us on Indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hashwallet-the-most-secure-hardware-wallet/x/22945380#/

Protect your cryptoassets with the strongest level of security.

HASHWallet is based on an innovative technology deployed on a smart card that allows the user to authenticate or sign a transaction, in a secure environment that avoids any risk of impersonation and the possibility of fraud.

Most Secure

There are two keys that, separately, make this card the safest device possible.

The first is to be WYSIWYS, the acronym for “What You See Is What You Sign.” We sign what we see in a large screen, but without relying on intermediaries as all other platforms do. The underlying idea is not to rely on an elaborate system but a straightforward one, and to ensure that all security is in the device itself, not in a system. This way of working eliminates the security problem that is the Achilles heel of the other solutions, the so-called “Man in the Middle” attack.

The second is to be a non-programmable device. It will be a bit less flexible device since it won’t be upgradeable, but this particular feature makes it invulnerable to external attacks.  

The problem

In a decentralized system, the user is the only keeper of the security of his assets. Transactions are irreversible, there is no superior entity to cover fraud losses, and in the Blockchain, ecosystem thieves act more unpunished.

Being in a still immature market, formed by many inexperienced users, it is still relatively easy to get unauthorized access to most of the existing custody systems.

The substantial growth in the volume of users and the value of their assets involves higher risks, such as:

Loss of private keys
Phishing attacks
Key hacking
Keystroke logging
... and more to come

Our Solution

HASHWallet is a new generation of hard wallets that brings together the strongest level of security with ease of use and high operations speed. All in a comfortable and solid smart card, with a large e-ink screen and full of premium features.

You can’t steal what you don’t know

HASHWallet incorporates public-private key technology. When the card is initialized for the first time, it generates the key pairs in a random way and not based on any seed. The private key is kept inside without anyone knowing it, not even the user. Thus, what is not known and inaccessible is impossible to steal.

An innovative key recovery system

Forget about endless lists of words on a piece of paper. Thanks to a disruptive key recovery system, users have a new tool to prevent 100% loss of their cryptocurrencies — the highest level of trust, coupled with friendly and straightforward user experience.

Arrow Certified Technology

HASHWallet has entered in the Arrow Certification Program from Arrow and Indiegogo. The eSignus engineering team is working with Arrow to ensure we build the most secure hardware wallet. HASHWallet is an Arrow Certified product!

Pages:
Jump to: