Pages:
Author

Topic: Have paper backups of a 2015 and a 2016 Armory wallet. - page 2. (Read 270 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 2
Using new Windows 10 system, got bitcoin core running and synced up. Launched from cli using
"C:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe" -datadir=d:\bitcoin

Armory failed.
https://pastebin.com/6aqBvtLR

attempted to launch armory from cli using

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Armory
armoryqt.exe -datadir="d:\bitcoin\blocks"

no errors are returned on the command line.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Armory>armoryqt.exe -datadir="d:\bitcoin\blocks"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Armory>

The log file is in pastebin: https://pastebin.com/2zALnFsr
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 2904
Block halving is coming.
Armory still connected to bitcoin core on my old system at that time. That isn't really being online, but I had forgotten about that. I didn't sync up to the network first, the way it looks. There were no network connections from Armory to the btc network. I created a transaction to send the balance remaining in the wallet to another address. I signed the transaction using the offline system. When I tried to broadcast it to the network, it failed. There were no connections. I have the file for the signed transaction.

So you only have the signed transaction? How about this armory wallet installed from your old PC?

If you don't have them and you only have a signed transaction there is a way to convert them to raw hex code.

Follow this guide below

- Install fresh Armory wallet on your new PC
- Open Armory
- Switch user to expert mode
- reopen the Armory wallet
- Now you should see some additional features
- Click offline transaction you should see this image below

- Load file then choose the signed transaction that you have
- Now click "Copy raw TX(HEX)"
- Go to https://coinb.in/#broadcast
- And paste the raw hex code then submit.

Let's hope if it can still broadcast old signed transaction. You don't need to be fully synced or without Bitcoin core. This one should be work if not there is nothing we can do.
From March 18 2021

I am currently syncing up bitcoin core. Would it be typical to start bitcoin core using the bitcoin-qt executable?

I found an armory settings file with no appropriate data directory setting. It's in d:\btc

https://pastebin.com/yJPGf3e4
From March 19 2021
I am currently syncing up bitcoin core. Would it be typical to start bitcoin core using the bitcoin-qt executable?

I found an armory settings file with no appropriate data directory setting. It's in d:\btc

https://pastebin.com/yJPGf3e4
Just confused about the bolded part above. Armory wallet is online but you don't have a network connection?

Armory still connected to bitcoin core on my old system at that time. That isn't really being online, but I had forgotten about that. I didn't sync up to the network first, the way it looks. There were no network connections from Armory to the btc network. I created a transaction to send the balance remaining in the wallet to another address. I signed the transaction using the offline system. When I tried to broadcast it to the network, it failed. There were no connections. I have the file for the signed transaction.
armory_nnnnnnnn_.SENT.tx

Due to the fact that the contents include a lot of additional chars besides HEX numbers, I don't know what I have. I don't know for sure that it's raw HEX.

I will try to go back to the new system and external HD to work on resolving Windows permissions issues. Another approach would be to simplify that part of it by using a large enough HD for the blockchain from the beginning, install bitcoin core and Armory on it, then import the wallet to the new system. The current wallet, still containing the balance, can be imported without issues -- ?

The old system stops syncing headers. I have restarted the PC, restarted bitcoin-qt and armory, re-established connections to the BTC network. The process stops. I have repeated that attempt dozens of times. Let me get those log files from pastebin.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
Wallet version was 1.35c at that time.
That's still valid for the 0.96.5 version of Armory... it's really referring to the backup system version, not so much the version of the software.

Are there any known issues with importing an Armory watching-only wallet to Android BTC wallets?
Yes there are issues... in that, basically, it's not actually possible. Undecided

This would use the paper backup. I hope to be able to scan in the QRC. Any thoughts? Any recommendations on which Android wallet works the best?
The 1.35c Armory "paper wallet", is just an Armory Backup with a "Root Key" (the 2 lines of 9 groups of 4 chars), is that correct?

You won't be able to use that Root Key with any software other than Armory... it's a system unique to Armory and I am not aware of any other wallet software that can process it.

Also, the QR Code is simply the root key text encoded as a QR code... so, you won't be able to scan it with any other wallet unless it can actually import Armory root keys (and again, there are none that are able to... that I am aware of)

legendary
Block halving is coming.
I have both offline and watching-only wallets.
I signed a transaction last time my Armory wallet was online, so I have that transaction file. It sent the balance of the Armory wallet to a different address. It was not broadcast because I had no network connections at that moment. If I can get my Armory running again, then apparently there will be a way to broadcast that transaction to the network.
The file is not in HEX. The data is in a different number system. If there is a way to use that file by itself, and not use the Armory wallets again, I would prefer that method. It would be the fastest.
Let me look through my previous posts for more information re: the transaction file. I know that there were some helpful responses. Also, I will try to locate and repost the errors and log files from my original Windows PCs (from 2014) that I posted in Fall 2020 and Winter 2021.

Just confused about the bolded part above. Armory wallet is online but you don't have a network connection?

If it wasn't broadcasted yet then your bitcoin is still there. If you want the BTC right away there is another way can you still open the armory?
If yes then what you need to do is to export the private key from your Armory wallet and import it to Electrum wallet. That's the only way that you can do it now if you want it right away and without downloading the entire blockchain.

In Electrum you can make another transaction after you imported it and you don't need the transaction file that you created from your armory.
I have both offline and watching-only wallets.
I signed a transaction last time my Armory wallet was online, so I have that transaction file. It sent the balance of the Armory wallet to a different address. It was not broadcast because I had no network connections at that moment. If I can get my Armory running again, then apparently there will be a way to broadcast that transaction to the network.
The file is not in HEX. The data is in a different number system. If there is a way to use that file by itself, and not use the Armory wallets again, I would prefer that method. It would be the fastest.
Let me look through my previous posts for more information re: the transaction file. I know that there were some helpful responses. Also, I will try to locate and repost the errors and log files from my original Windows PCs (from 2014) that I posted in Fall 2020 and Winter 2021.
legendary
Block halving is coming.
I think the watch-only wallet file extension of the armory is .wallet like mine I have a armory_mywallet_watchonly.wallet.

So I think there is no Android wallet that you can use to import .wallet file.
If you still want to make a watch-only wallet you need to collect all public keys or BTC address from your armory wallet and import it to Android Electrum.

Can you explain what errors do you get from Bitcoin core and maybe we can find some solution to your issue?

And I would like to ask are you planning to recover your wallet with watch-only wallet? and then use Android wallet instead?

Take note you can't be able to send or sign a transaction without private keys.

Wallet version was 1.35c at that time.

Are there any known issues with importing an Armory watching-only wallet to Android BTC wallets?
This would use the paper backup. I hope to be able to scan in the QRC. Any thoughts? Any recommendations on which Android wallet works the best?

There is a lengthy history behind this. Mostly Windows-related problems, the way it looks. I am not sure how much relevancy the details would have.
I have tried to upgrade Armory and bitcoin core on my old Windows systems - unsuccessfully. Syncing headers does not complete after launching bitcoin-qt

I also tried loading current versions of bitcoin core and Armory on a new Windows machine, used an external HD for the data directory. I ran into Windows permissions-related errors when trying to use the external drive to run bitcoin core on the PC and launch Armory to access the datadir.

In addition, I have a signed transaction from the last time I had Armory online. I was not connected to the network, though, so it was never broadcast. The file format is something besides HEX, although it does appear similar to HEX.
Pages:
Jump to: