Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you ever burned some coins or tokens? - page 2. (Read 208 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 13
am i the only one who's really not annoyed with those shit tokens in my wallet? its funny but somehow i'm still expecting that someday it would have a value even a cents. so i'm just gonna keep those shitty stuff in my wallet, and i earn some of those from airdrops that i don't really know what happened.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
I didn't do that. Sad
But I have a lot of wallet addresses forgotten, and there are some altcoin in it, which makes me feel sorry.
Activity: 166
Merit: 0
although in fact I have some shit coin in my wallet and it is the result of airdrops I actually want to eat the coin but I do not know how to burn the coin
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
I don't think investors or bounty hunters burn their tokens. Even if that's a scam token you have to pay fee for burning and it doesn't worth it.
Developers might burn tokens to decrease the total supply.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 102
You know, when you send some coins into nirvana, they're lost forever - decreasing the supply of said token/coin. Have you ever deliberately burned some of your coins or tokens? What coin was it and why did you do it?
No, i have never burn my token before, countless of shitcoin are sent to my wallet but i am not bothered by those, if you send them or leave it, it won't affect your wallet. By the time you decide to send them back to smart contract/burn (like you said) you are wasting your precious gas mere doing that. It is better to leave them in as much there is no advantage in burning them so to speak.
Activity: 286
Merit: 100
Cryptics
I've done it a few times before to clean my wallet out of worthless airdrop tokens, it's just annoying for me to have token that has no value in the wallet so  i send it it burn address. Other than that i see no reason to burn your token unless you are a dev and want to reduce the overall supply of the token itself.
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
Community Builder and Telegram Moderator
I think there are some shitcoins lying in wallet of all of us. I have seen many services where people can transfer those coins to some specific address thereby making their own wallet seemingly clean. But what do you mean by burning? How could a third party burn a coin/ token. I dont think thats possible without tweaking the smart contract
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
 What are token burns? Coin burns are, to some extent, similar to share buybacks used in the traditional corporate world. Simply put, listed companies buy back their shares from the market, which in most cases results in the shares' price appreciation as those shares are removed from the circulating supply.
Activity: 289
Merit: 251
You know, when you send some coins into nirvana, they're lost forever - decreasing the supply of said token/coin. Have you ever deliberately burned some of your coins or tokens? What coin was it and why did you do it?
Pages:
Jump to: