Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you felt the impact of inflation so far? - page 7. (Read 1525 times)

Activity: 1260
Merit: 103
The OGz Club
Yes, I have noticed it. It was first noticed in energy prices and now it is noticeable in everything. Especially in supermarket shopping. And I believe what people are saying about inflation data being distorted. It seems to me that prices have risen more than they are said to have, at least in my day-to-day shopping.
Prices of some commodities are still increasing and this is inseparable from inflation.
Of course, to suppress inflation is not an easy thing to do,
We'll see if in the future the price will go down or it will increase
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1547
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
Yes, I have noticed it. It was first noticed in energy prices and now it is noticeable in everything. Especially in supermarket shopping. And I believe what people are saying about inflation data being distorted. It seems to me that prices have risen more than they are said to have, at least in my day-to-day shopping.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1176
Glory To Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!
I've seen a huge spike in sugar, flour, pasta, meat and dairy products. As a matter of fact, for some reason, in the supermarket chain I'm working at, there's a constant shortage in sugar, which is concerning.

Actually, governments can take measures in order to tackle inflation and the increasing prices, by imposing a cap, limiting how much certain goods can rise in price and by limiting and punishing speculation. Unfortunately, lots of goods have increased in price, simply in the name of war, a large percentage of the inflation we're experiencing is speculative.

Previously, the state could fight the speculative rise in prices for certain products in such a way that they kept sugar, flour and the most necessary products in storage, and when there was a speculative rise, they simply put these stocks from the storage, on the shelves of stores and thereby broke the plans of speculators.

Now, inflation is due to rising fuel prices, because it takes part in all stages, from sowing to harvesting. The war brought many changes...
Activity: 336
Merit: 41
It really doesn't make sense when the government doesn't seem to care because I can tell that the weak are getting oppressed while the strong are getting stronger.

If you were in this position, what would you do? Are you sure the savings you have so far can minimize your financial problems from rising inflation?
Today's government seem not to be citizens friendly but rather themselves friendly by only enacting laws and policy meant to keep the citizens toothless and subservient so as not to be able to have the necessary means needed to challenge their activities.

Inflation rate by the day in my very country is getting worst as goods and services tend to top up price on daily basis without commensurable response to increase in workers wages by both private and government establishments.

The rate of stealing and highway robbery has spiked high cause everyone especially the lazy and heartless ones are doing anything possibly negative to make a living and this kind of situations and more just make life look so solitary and brutish  as insecurity adds to the inflation level.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 260
I think almost everything is getting expensive gradually nowadays I've always noticed that everytime I go shopping especially the food. There's a lot of problem that my government need to check and focus on instead of keep the goods importing, I've seen some vegetables stocks from the farmers that isn't getting anywhere near to the city since the market can't buy them because they have a lot of stocks already and those are from the imported goods in the port.

There's a lot potential to our farmers but the government seems not to care at all and this is the problem of having a corrupt government.
We have felt the inflation very hard way.
Maybe the hardest of all- people might not have face inflation the way we have felt it - and cherry on the top there is flood in our country too and its horrible.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 267
I like to cook a lot, and I've noticed that basic cooking goods have gone up in price but still somewhat manageable. I'm starting to see increase in sugar and salt in our local market and that could not be good. On other stuff, I don't see any increases whatsoever, but yeah the effects of inflation is slowly settling in. Some of them are artificial, as some mad men decided that it's best to hoard lots of sugar and keep them as a secret to inflate prices. Some are really genuine, and that's what's really bothering me at this point. The government has to find out whether the inflation that we're experiencing here is just artificial, else they have to do something to control the prices to not hurt those people that only has enough to survive.

I also have a business in the food sector, feeling the increase in staple foods today. This makes it difficult for me to develop my business, which makes
my profits even smaller due to the increase in some foodstuffs. Because I am a food entrepreneur, it is impossible to continue to increase the price of
the product, I can incriminate buyers who are also affected by the effects of inflation. In addition, if the solution is to increase the price of the product,
then I can lose to compete with competitors who do not raise prices. Another thing that disappoints me is that the government of my country is
getting more burdensome by increasing taxes, it makes the burden on people's lives even heavier. Inflation will always rise, and we can't expect too
much from the government, which sometimes doesn't support the citizen. So to deal with the impact of inflation, we must be more active in making
money by thinking creatively and looking for other sources of income.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 758
I like to cook a lot, and I've noticed that basic cooking goods have gone up in price but still somewhat manageable. I'm starting to see increase in sugar and salt in our local market and that could not be good. On other stuff, I don't see any increases whatsoever, but yeah the effects of inflation is slowly settling in. Some of them are artificial, as some mad men decided that it's best to hoard lots of sugar and keep them as a secret to inflate prices. Some are really genuine, and that's what's really bothering me at this point. The government has to find out whether the inflation that we're experiencing here is just artificial, else they have to do something to control the prices to not hurt those people that only has enough to survive.
I've seen a huge spike in sugar, flour, pasta, meat and dairy products. As a matter of fact, for some reason, in the supermarket chain I'm working at, there's a constant shortage in sugar, which is concerning.

Actually, governments can take measures in order to tackle inflation and the increasing prices, by imposing a cap, limiting how much certain goods can rise in price and by limiting and punishing speculation. Unfortunately, lots of goods have increased in price, simply in the name of war, a large percentage of the inflation we're experiencing is speculative.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
I think almost everything is getting expensive gradually nowadays I've always noticed that everytime I go shopping especially the food. There's a lot of problem that my government need to check and focus on instead of keep the goods importing, I've seen some vegetables stocks from the farmers that isn't getting anywhere near to the city since the market can't buy them because they have a lot of stocks already and those are from the imported goods in the port.

There's a lot potential to our farmers but the government seems not to care at all and this is the problem of having a corrupt government.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Activity: 2282
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
The price keeps increasing in one way or the other. Government keeps increasing the tax and make the common people suffer. The worse part during this time period, the rich turns more richer and the poor turns more poor. This is not only about the inflation, but also the governance problem. Ten years back crude oil was bought at a price of $110 per barrel and after different processing it is being sold at $1 per litre. The same at present is bought at a price around $90, but sold at a price of $1.5 and this is just a simple calculation. So will be the change with each and everything.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
I'm working at a known supermarket chain and constantly face the increasing prices. Especially meat, eggs and dairy have skyrocketed. I used to buy a kg of chicken fillet for approximately €6.50 - €7.50, now the average price exceeds €9, and that's only one example, I have plenty similar scenarios.

My main concern is that since March, I'm unable to save as much as I used to, and some months I'm spending more than I've made, even though I've severely reduced my consumption.
This is how inflation affects our finances, even if we prepared for this it seems like the price keeps on rising.
Inflation can easily be felt by everyone especially those who have on a tight budget, and in my country we also have the same problem especially with the gas price and the price of rice and sugar.

They say investment can really fight the interest of inflation but it’s really hard to do this once you only have one source of income, many will advise to look for other source but again it’s not that easy. The government should do everything to slow down the inflation, many countries can’t afford to have a higher inflation rate.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
I can really feel the impact of inflation. Almost all goods prices went up, electricity went up, fuel prices went up and I also agree that taxes also went up. You are in the same country as me, obviously this will feel the same to us. There is no current government policy that is very beneficial to the people, this is a bad era for the economy which is getting closer to crisis. I can even say that if we are not going to have a financial crisis, then we are going to have a crisis of confidence in the government.

If you were in this position, what would you do?
Find a way out. I think a side job without interfering with your main job is a good option to consider. It doesn't matter how much money you can make but when you have 2-3 sources of income then your financial situation will be better.

Are you sure the savings you have so far can minimize your financial problems from rising inflation?
Over time it will run out, but if your income and expenses are controlled then I think stability can still be achieved. The main point is to find a way out and have several sources of income instead of just relying on the main source of income.

Mate, 1 pack of cigarettes I smoked today last year cost $1.2, but this year it went up to $2 more. Imagine how much other stuff is expensive now.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 758
I'm working at a known supermarket chain and constantly face the increasing prices. Especially meat, eggs and dairy have skyrocketed. I used to buy a kg of chicken fillet for approximately €6.50 - €7.50, now the average price exceeds €9, and that's only one example, I have plenty similar scenarios.

My main concern is that since March, I'm unable to save as much as I used to, and some months I'm spending more than I've made, even though I've severely reduced my consumption.
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
I mean, prices have risen due to number of reasons and in part due to inflation, but what worries me is not the immediate impact of inflation and other issues, it's what it does in the long run that sparks the most concern. Those kinds of impacts could be felt for years to come.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
Really, both my family and I have been hurt by inflation. Basic necessities like food are becoming increasingly expensive, and we are striving to maintain our tight budgets by making additional savings through promo and discount purchases. Regarding the gas, since we don't have a car, I ride a e-scooter to get to work and shop for necessities.
I have the same struggle, I have a car and I only go with important errands and travels but still, with the high price of gas I still need to budget my travels.
And for the basic necessities, they're being lesser these days and due to the inflation. Most foods that we consume, we're no longer storing a lot of it unlike before since they're cheaper and more affordable.
To those that owns a car, if it's not an important travel, just commute or better stay at home.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228
Absolutely yes, the purchasing power of our money use to buy good decreased and we can really feel it here that the goods we buy is totally less than and also the price of basic good are so high right now. Especially the price of electricity and oil which is necessary needed is also sky rocketing that's why I expect that this inflation rate will soar up. also there are still ongoing crisis due to war in ukraine, covid pandemic still exist plus we can add the monkey pox virus which adds the economic disturbance.
Activity: 295
Merit: 98
In my country, inflation rate is really high, mostly for consumable goods and some house hold utensils. Every month I usually spend more than my bodget for that month. Electricity bill is so high X2 of what I was paying last year, gas bill is also too expensive.
   But am learning how to manage the inflation rate. while shopping I go for the primary needs first before secondary needs which I can get the next month. I try to manage my bodget this days.

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16
Yes, I already felt it in my country hence gas prices has been blowing the sky prices high which makes really a bad indications that everything will rise up and everything will follow as well especially food costs will be one of the most affected during the inflations. Our economy will be much affected hence many companies are laying off and hope we can pass this and we can survive the inflation waves to come. Even crypto market is struggling due to this inflations.
Activity: 686
Merit: 987
Give all before death
I know that the inflation rate of each country is different and the relative for each country is different. In my country, this inflation continues to rise which causes a lot of influence on the economic stability of many people "including me". I think this is very bad because the government did not adjust salaries to the increase in inflation and now it is exacerbated by the discourse of increasing fuel prices.

I am just guessing that you might from my country because we experiencing almost the same thing. Price of goods and services are skyrocketing and the government is refusing to increase wage because they are predicting that it would cause inflation. Although my country is one of the highest producers of crude oil, the price of fuel is still expensive because we import refined fuel. We don't have working refineries. 

If in the previous 2-3 years $200 - $250 per month was sufficient for an adequate living cost, then the value has continued to increase to $300 - $400 per month in recent months or even higher for the class of rich people. This had an impact on my financial stability where sometimes I had to sell some of the bitcoins I earned from signature campaigns to provide for myself and my family. The value of the currency is increasingly worthless, the value of the currency of goods continues to increase and even the increase becomes uncontrollable.

Its quite pathetic to experience this kind of situation because one cannot plan his financial future. Now the main focus is survival and not investments. I had to move to a smaller apartment so I can be able to cut my families' living expenses.

If you were in this position, what would you do? Are you sure the savings you have so far can minimize your financial problems from rising inflation?

If this inflation continues many people including me might not be able to meet their basic needs. Savings would keep dwindling except you take some drastic action such as
- Cutting your expenses; Ensure you spend money on needs and not luxuries.
- Learn another skill to diversify your income
- Search for and engage in other sources of income

It is also important that one learn how to be happy regardless of the negative condition. Hence, to avoid help challenges and stress we must learn to relax and give time to the things we love.
Activity: 219
Merit: 19
Really, both my family and I have been hurt by inflation. Basic necessities like food are becoming increasingly expensive, and we are striving to maintain our tight budgets by making additional savings through promo and discount purchases. Regarding the gas, since we don't have a car, I ride a e-scooter to get to work and shop for necessities.
Pages:
Jump to: