Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you seen where Bitcoin is used to make donations in fundraising? - page 2. (Read 163 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 205
The great city of God 🔥
Fund raising with bitcoin would also have been a better alternative to a normal bank transfer, but the Nigerian government Is working hard effortlessly to make sure that anything cryptocurrency doesn't even work out in Nigeria. If government should allow it citizens to be open and publicly free in bitcoin transactions. I think that people would do far better in anything bitcoin transaction. Donation is even the least of what Nigerians would have done. One thing you should know is that Nigeria is one of the top leading bitcoin adoption country in the world, just that the government is just making Bitcoin transaction frustrating to us, otherwise Nigerians are massive in bitcoin adoption. If CBN should totally remove the temporary ban place on bitcoin transaction with bank, which was said to have been removed some few months ago which I doubted to be true. and also allowing us to make bitcoin transaction publicly without fear I think that alone will go a long way. if not that  Nigeria didn't delist Naira P2P from trading on exchanges which is making it difficult for us to trade on binance, kucoin and many others it will have also increased more adoption because they are still tracking down more exchange but I believe that didn't shake Nigerians and bitcoin adoption. All am saying is that Nigeria leaders are the ones slowing down bitcoin adsorption and not the citizens. If they can undo all what they have done I believe bitcoin adoption will increase beyond measure.
Activity: 27
Merit: 6
I know that invitees in any fundraising event in Nigeria, always makes their donations in naira, some in dollars and other foreign currencies, but I've never heard of any donations in Bitcoin. Maybe people make donations in Bitcoin, but I don't think that it is common, and Bitcoin, being a digital cash would have been a good alternative for donations, but either that it is very rare or they don't just donate Bitcoin, at events. If the practice becomes common, I believe that it can promote the adoption of Bitcoin, in the country, even if it is in a small way, and more people will have wallet addresses.

One of the major reasons as far as I'm concerned why people don't make donations in Bitcoin, is because they hodl it for investment, rather than using it for payments, also because many businesses don't accept it yet. Another reason is that I think most Bitcoin, holders don't want others to know that they hodl it

Do you agree that Bitcoin, donations in fundraising and gifting it to people can even in a small way impact it's adoption in Nigeria? What other ways can drive Bitcoin, adoption in the country?
Pages:
Jump to: