Pages:
Author

Topic: HAVE you tried daily trading using SMA - page 2. (Read 1041 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
August 29, 2017, 01:04:47 AM
I am sharing a one strategy for stress free day trading

Chart Timframe
1.   1min candlestick charts

Indicators
2.   Simple Moving Avarage 100
3.   Simple Moving Avarage 200

Entry/Exit
•   Buy BTC - when BTC price is above SMA100, and SMA100 is above SMA200
•    Exit BTC and hold fiat  - when BTC price is below SMA100 and half way to SMA200
Check a photo of entry exit here> https://www.yogile.com/e0ltxqb5#21t

I request all of you to try and share your results regardless positive or negative, here is why
•   Traders will be motivated when they see your positive results
•   Traders will stay away if they see your negative results
You may try this strategy on old charts, Good luck!

Disclaimer : USE OF THIS THREAD/SUGGESTIONS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS!

Well i don't because ina hype market it is too risky in minute to minute trading, i can go with 10mins -20mins analysis before i enter the market. Charts are charts and we can't handle the trades of others who are surprisingly put a wall either on buy wall or sell wall after you bought . Honestly i have a bad experience and i don't use SMA.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
August 29, 2017, 12:50:33 AM
I remember a couple years back there was a group of traders surrounding Goomboo, who ran a trading journal over at the Speculation board. He had a very similar strategy based on EMAs. If I remember correctly it went fairly well... until it didn't. Or rather, while reducing some of the volatility, it failed to significantly outperform a simple buy and hold strategy. So yeah, trading using moving averages has been tried and tested but rarely been actually viable.

..jep I agree! The low volatility markets are killer for this strategy but anyway I believe its worth to stress the strategy because it might give someone an idea how to blend in the missing part - how to identify the low volatility markets in order to avoid trading, just wait for next opportunity.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
Cashback 15%
August 28, 2017, 08:10:23 PM
I remember a couple years back there was a group of traders surrounding Goomboo, who ran a trading journal over at the Speculation board. He had a very similar strategy based on EMAs. If I remember correctly it went fairly well... until it didn't. Or rather, while reducing some of the volatility, it failed to significantly outperform a simple buy and hold strategy. So yeah, trading using moving averages has been tried and tested but rarely been actually viable.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
August 28, 2017, 04:58:40 PM
I'm too lazy to search for the thread, but ~4 months ago there was a similar thread.
I made a backtest and posted the result.

The result was, that such a strategy might be profitable in bull markets, but not better than buy and hold.
And in bear markets your are loosing very much.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
August 28, 2017, 04:53:54 PM
I am sharing a one strategy for stress free day trading

Chart Timframe
1.   1min candlestick charts

Indicators
2.   Simple Moving Avarage 100
3.   Simple Moving Avarage 200

Entry/Exit
•   Buy BTC - when BTC price is above SMA100, and SMA100 is above SMA200
•    Exit BTC and hold fiat  - when BTC price is below SMA100 and half way to SMA200
Check a photo of entry exit here> https://www.yogile.com/e0ltxqb5#21t

I request all of you to try and share your results regardless positive or negative, here is why
•   Traders will be motivated when they see your positive results
•   Traders will stay away if they see your negative results
You may try this strategy on old charts, Good luck!

Disclaimer : USE OF THIS THREAD/SUGGESTIONS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS!
Pages:
Jump to: