Pages:
Author

Topic: [Havelock] The Panama Fund, S.A. Acquires HavelockInvestments.com - page 3. (Read 12603 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
...funds don't need to cater to the information age....

hedge funds are pretty notorious for not having a website or even as much as a phone number... it simply isn't required for the service they provide, and in the United States they were prohibited from talking to peons until like a month ago. these 80 year old prohibitions on free speech influenced the industry world wide...

wat

SEC ban on general solicitation is being relaxed, funds could only talk to accredited investors ie. not poor people or the general middle class.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
there's a really simple explanation that seems reasonable to me.

If I wanted to shift jurisdictions, I'd buy an established shelf company in the jurisdiction I want to move to, then have that shelf company "buy" the ownership shares from whatever entity owns it now.

It's very likely that's all they're doing - just moving the corporate entity to Panama for legal/tax reasons.

Yeah, i'm with you on that, but suggesting that this shell game makes the new entity "licensed" or on different legal footing when it comes to dealing with US customers is simply bull.

I think it definitely does create a different legal footing because it may be legal to sell unregistered securities in panama as a licensed exchange for all we know and for the US to go against that would never happen. The problem is unlicensed exchanges having literally no legal backing which is why they are so vulnerable. If this exchange can operate completely compliant of panamas security laws that would be huge for bitcoin/bitcoin securities.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Crumbs, if this turns out to be legit and ActiveMining becomes legit by going through whatever legal securities process HackLock have, what would you do? I know its unlikely those two things happen but if they did I wonder how you would respond...
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002

If I wanted to shift jurisdictions, I'd buy an established shelf company in the jurisdiction I want to move to, then have that shelf company "buy" the ownership shares from whatever entity owns it now.

It's very likely that's all they're doing - just moving the corporate entity to Panama for legal/tax reasons.

Yeah, i'm with you on that, but suggesting that this shell game makes the new entity "licensed" or on different legal footing when it comes to dealing with US customers is simply bull.

If the servers were actually in Panama, that would be another story...

And where are the servers located?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
...funds don't need to cater to the information age....

hedge funds are pretty notorious for not having a website or even as much as a phone number... it simply isn't required for the service they provide, and in the United States they were prohibited from talking to peons until like a month ago. these 80 year old prohibitions on free speech influenced the industry world wide...

wat
Panama Funding Inc, S.A. is the only "Panama Fund" S.A. registered in Panama

fwiw, file number 227720

Lol, this?  http://ohuiginn.net/panama/company/id/227720
How is this silliness a "fully licensed exchange"?   What gives it more authority in dealing unregistered securities to US persons than Bitfunder et al?

well, there are a lot of assumptions though
funds are generally able to set up shop in any jurisdiction for whatever purpose, through many layers of entities for acquiring different kinds of property, such as other entities. Subsequently, they may have all the licenses or regulatory concoction to not worry about one country's securities laws.

I'm with crumbs on this... there has to be some more information on this Panama Fund thing. Google is failing me right now...

funds don't need to cater to the information age....

hedge funds are pretty notorious for not having a website or even as much as a phone number... it simply isn't required for the service they provide, and in the United States they were prohibited from talking to peons until like a month ago. these 80 year old prohibitions on free speech influenced the industry world wide

there are likely related entities in the fund that handle all the PR and marketing for other purposes, but is unrelated to acquiring other entities or the investing portion
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

If the servers were actually in Panama, that would be another story...

fwiw, file number 227720

How is this silliness a "fully licensed exchange"?   What gives it more authority in dealing unregistered securities to US persons than Bitfunder et al?

funds are generally able to set up shop in any jurisdiction for whatever purpose, through many layers of entities for acquiring different kinds of property, such as other entities. Subsequently, they may have all the licenses or regulatory concoction to not worry about one country's securities laws.

"Through many layers of entities," RLY?  Is this legalese for "don't ask questions i don't have answers to"?
Come on, that's just empty verbiage meaning absolutely zilch.  Unregistered securities are just that -- no matter how you repackage them.  

Nothing new here, all been trash-picked many times over.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
What does this mean for coin holders that are new to the game?
Activity: 356
Merit: 255

Activity: 454
Merit: 250
Hmm does this have something to do with the CFIG( Crypto Financial Investment Group)?

Great news!
legendary

fwiw, file number 227720

I'm with crumbs on this... there has to be some more information on this Panama Fund thing. Google is failing me right now...

fwiw, file number 227720

fwiw, file number 227720

Lol, this?  http://ohuiginn.net/panama/company/id/227720
How is this silliness a "fully licensed exchange"?   What gives it more authority in dealing unregistered securities to US persons than Bitfunder et al?

fwiw, file number 227720
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Congratulations! I guess moving shares to Havelock was a good choice.  Smiley
ar9
Activity: 352
Merit: 250
Nice!

I will have to go buy up some more HIM units that got pushed down so low due to the recent uncertainty.  Smiley

HIM & HIM Mining are two different entities operated by the same people, by the way.
(Please confirm this, OP)
legendary
Who/what is The Panama Fund, S.A?

Yeah, some kind of link or source for more information would be helpful.
Who/what is The Panama Fund, S.A?
Pages:
Jump to: