Pages:
Author

Topic: Having Fun: Bitcoinica 24-Hour Spread-Free! - page 2. (Read 3690 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Wow, pretty scary - I don't see any explanation of the "*" annotation on the price on that page, the buttons should be greyed out with some big red warning to tell users the system isn't working... same for all the counter-intuitive and undocumented ways to set stops etc... I guess bitcoin just isn't ready for alpha release yet.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Bitbuy
Bitcoinica not executing orders today, I put in a bunch of limit and then 'instant' market orders
when ask was 6.97, that was about 10 minutes ago - look now

http://www.diigo.com/item/image/1dbpl/1c6u

Because they are out of USD reserves. That's why there's a * next to the buy price. You won't be able to open new positions as long as that asterisk is there. You can close shorts however Smiley
Bitcoinica not executing orders today, I put in a bunch of limit and then 'instant' market orders
when ask was 6.97, that was about 10 minutes ago - look now

http://www.diigo.com/item/image/1dbpl/1c6u
vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 502
Zhou could you look at my reply?

Hi,

We will send the EUR code back within 24 hours. Sorry for the delay, but this is a manual process.

Thank you for your patience!
Activity: 321
Merit: 250
Bitbuy.nl!
Zhou could you look at my reply?
Given how thinly traded BTC is currently, orders under 50 BTC are not 'tiny'....  look at the median fill which happens between support levels.

At any rate, if this is how the deal works it would be best to disclose it up front.

Do I actually have to offer a Bid or Sell of 50 BTC to view the mt gox spread?  I am 100 BTC long when I observed the previous spread and am still seeing spread much wider than MTGox
vip
How do you 'activate' the legit mtgox spread?  Im on bitcoinica trading page and I see
4.6/5.2 while on mtgox its 4.8/5.1 ??

4.8/5.1 LOL... You scared me successfully because I didn't check prices.

Well, tiny orders don't count. We need at least X, where X can be any number between 50 and 350.
Activity: 321
Merit: 250
Bitbuy.nl!
I was having the same problem as you Notme, but I fixed it in the way Zhou said and it works fine now Smiley

Great actions and I hope you keep improving bitcoinica in the way you've been doing Zhou!
The next thing I'd like to see is the Zhoutong price integrated in the site so I don't have to use an add-on.
Ever since I downloaded that add-on, I'm seeing this, I already uninstalled it:
http://postimage.org/image/6657sy0az/

The part after the red cross means some sources of this page are being send unencrypted.
Also, I redeemed a EUR MTGOX code at your site and mailed support about it after it failed since mtgox says it's redeemed. Could you look into this?

Activity: 607
By best guess about this: There's always a little margin, because even though there are bids/asks in 6.48 - 6.51 area they are very small, and because of that Bitcoinica can't use them to provide enough liquidity for its users. From what I saw they need the cumulative bids at given price to be 50 BTC or more to consider that price.
How do you 'activate' the legit mtgox spread?  Im on bitcoinica trading page and I see
4.6/5.2 while on mtgox its 4.8/5.1 ??
Activity: 714
What happend so funny while last time you introduce this  24-Hour_Spread-Free think?
Activity: 560
That's very sad! You can tell your cell operator about this and ask them to sync their time properly. You can disable cellular time temporarily and set your own time. 1-minute behind reality is not good!

Let me explain how customer service works here in America:
1. 1 hour on hold
2. I am unable to assist you with that.  I can transfer you to X who may be able to help.
3. 30 minute hold
4. I am unable to assist you with that. I can transfer you to Y who may be able to help.
5. 30 minute hold
6. I am unable to assist you.  Let me give you a ticket number and I'll have a technician call you back.
7. Technician calls.  "Our infrastructure follows industry standards.  We will take note of your complaint and may change it next time we upgrade our gear (sometime in the next 15 years)"

So, yeah. I'll do that as soon as you give me a Bitcoinica code for 2 hours of my time.

LOL. I will PM a $0.1 code to you...

MORE CODES!! LOL
vip
That's very sad! You can tell your cell operator about this and ask them to sync their time properly. You can disable cellular time temporarily and set your own time. 1-minute behind reality is not good!

1. 1 hour on hold
2. I am unable to assist you with that.  I can transfer you to X who may be able to help.
3. 30 minute hold
4. I am unable to assist you with that. I can transfer you to Y who may be able to help.
5. 30 minute hold
6. I am unable to assist you.  Let me give you a ticket number and I'll have a technician call you back.
7. Technician calls.  "Our infrastructure follows industry standards.  We will take note of your complaint and may change it next time we upgrade our gear (sometime in the next 15 years)"

So, yeah. I'll do that as soon as you give me a Bitcoinica code for 2 hours of my time.

LOL. I will PM a $0.1 code to you...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

1. 1 hour on hold
3. 30 minute hold
5. 30 minute hold

vip
1.  Delete Bitcoinica from Google Authenticator.
2. Refresh /account/security on bitcoinica
3. Click + on Google Auth, Click Scan Barcode, Scan barcode
4. Enter code on bitcoinica, submit
5. "Your one-time token was incorrect. Please try again."

What am I doing wrong?

Most likely your phone's clock is inaccurate. Please sync your time with some standard time sources. We tolerate up to 90 seconds.

Clock is set by cellular network.  I can't change it.

legendary
My phone seems to be about 1 minute behind the forum timestamps.
legendary

What am I doing wrong?

Most likely your phone's clock is inaccurate. Please sync your time with some standard time sources. We tolerate up to 90 seconds.

Clock is set by cellular network.  I can't change it.
vip

What am I doing wrong?

legendary

What am I doing wrong?
Activity: 607
January 14, 2012, 04:08:08 AM
Thanks for this, I love low Bitcoinica spreads Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: