Pages:
Author

Topic: Health issues associated with the use of computer - page 2. (Read 290 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 159
Good day, fellow members.
After a quick scan of this community, I saw numerous threads discussing health-related problems and potential risk. These threads drove me to share my own knowledge to show that aside from bitcoin knowledge, you should have other health knowledge to live more healthy because you don’t only look for money and forget about your health.

I will like to discuss THE HEALTH ISSUES ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF COMPUTER. The reason I chose to discuss this topic is that we use computers on a daily basis to make money, which also has an effect on our health. If we can know the issues and the solutions to those issues, I think we will be healthy and also stay safe. This issue will be as follows:

1. Muscle or joint problem: there are various ways of using computers, but the most common way that people use them is to sit on the chair and face the screen (monitor). According to research, regular computer users complain of muscle soreness, shoulder pain, joint pain, chest pain, and arm pain.
2. Vision problem: Too much focus on a computer or screen is bad for the eyes. According to research, prolonged exposure to a computer, tablet, or smartphone causes computer vision problems.
3. Headache: Too much sitting on a computer can also cause headaches and migraines. Some reasons that can cause headaches when using a computer may include illumination,patterns , images, etc.
4. Stress: prolonged computer use also increases the risk of people experiencing stress. The stress can also lead to poor concentration and constant headaches. If the person can’t tolerate stress, it may lead to depression and other serious mental disorders.
5. Radiation: most computer screens have cathode ray tubes (CRT), which emit X-ray radiation that is extremely bad for the health. Being exposed to radiation can increase one’s risk of cancer, migraines, and tumors. It can also lead to miscarriage or birth defects in pregnant women.

PREVENTION

1. Sit on an adjustable desk (chair) specially designed for the use of a computer to manage stress and other muscle problems.
2. Take frequent short breaks and go for a walk or engage in exercise in your daily
3. Make sure your source of light (the window) is not shining directly on your face or on your computer screen.
4. Tile the computer screen slightly to avoid reflection.
5. Having regular medical examinations for headaches and other associated problems that are caused by the frequent use of computers

With this short health knowledge, we can also stay healthy and live long, and we can also increase our knowledge of using computers. This will not only help members of this community, but we can also educate others.
Pages:
Jump to: