Pages:
Author

Topic: Health Professionals and COVID-19 - page 3. (Read 1106 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
March 16, 2020, 11:39:42 AM
I am seeing reports that people who take ACE inhibitors and anti-inflammatory drugs may be more susceptible. Do you have any information on this?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
March 16, 2020, 11:14:13 AM
Some more resources.

A one sheet summary from an intensivist in Seattle:

Airway management guidelines from a combined working group of UK societies:

https://icmanaesthesiacovid-19.org/airway-management
legendary
March 12, 2020, 01:32:11 PM
A good summary of evidence so far: https://emcrit.org/ibcc/COVID19/

The following images are translated from a meeting of GiViTI, which is the Italian Intensive Care society (click for full size):

Some of the information from the first image has been lost in translation.
P/F input is obviously P/F ratio.
Labs show increase in LDH and CK, and hypoalbuminemia.

legendary
March 12, 2020, 01:31:50 PM
I know there are a few other doctors and healthcare workers on here, and I'm interested in talking with any other health professionals who are currently dealing with the COVID-19 situation, particularly anyone working with the critically ill in secondary care, emergency medicine, intensive/critical care, anesthesiology, etc. The reports we are getting from front line staff in Italy are very grim - hospitals being utterly overwhelmed and doctors having to choose which patients will get the few remaining resources and which patients will simply be palliated. I'm interested to hear any other first hand accounts of the situations you are dealing with. We have a few patients in ICU, but nothing unmanageable yet. We have started to convert adjacent high dependency areas in to additional ICU/ventilated beds. Elective work is being cancelled. We expect to be in a similar situation to Italy within a couple of weeks at most.

We are starting to get some data from intensivists in Italy regarding optimum treatment strategies, which we are all trying to disseminate as far and wide as possible. I'll share them in the next post. If you have other guidelines, protocols, SOPs, treatment strategies, I'd be keen to share them too. We are generally treating with conventional ARDS protocols, but seeing a high rate of progress to APRV and proning, even with high levels of permissive hypercapnia.

Self moderated to keep spam and nonsense to a minimum.
Pages:
Jump to: