Pages:
Author

Topic: Hello from CoinedUp.com - page 13. (Read 20403 times)

Activity: 663
Merit: 500
July 30, 2013, 01:32:42 PM
Seems like Cryptsy kills it b/c they offer so many different coins. Always interested in new exchanges - what makes yours different?
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
July 30, 2013, 01:18:14 PM
We created CoinedUp.com mostly because we could. We had experience with lean start-ups, and we wanted to be a part of the bitcoin/crypto community. Since I personally have been a software engineer and DB dev for over 13 years now, I rallied a team to take on the project. We went crypto-only because the regulations are just too overbearing for a hard-currency market.

The other big reason for starting our own exchange was withdrawal-fees on other exchanges. It's ludicrous to me that there would be a fee for withdrawing money from one's exchange account (besides the miner/TX fee). Because of competition, typical stock trading companies don't do that, so why should crypto based companies be able to? CoinedUp.com will never charge withdrawal fees.

While we build up our customer base, we're totally free. We want people to try us out. We hope to convince customers to give us that minimal trust, while build up our reputation for safe, fast, and accurate trades.

We plan to start charging a small flat-rate exchange fee in January 2014. We only need the minimal funds to pay for the servers and such. The team takes no pay, and doesn't plan to for the near future. We enjoy being part of the growing crypto community.

Pete
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
July 29, 2013, 01:45:21 PM
Welcome to the forums Pete, please tell us more about yourself, the company and why we should consider using your services.
July 29, 2013, 01:39:24 PM
Thank you for your comments.

Building a reputation for safe, fast, accurate trades does take time, but that is the nature of the beast. To give people an incentive to try us out, we will not be charging exchange fees until January 2014. Also, we will never charge withdrawal fees.

The entire bitcoin space is growing everyday, which is why, I believe, our own little piece of the community is growing every day.

Cheers,
Pete
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
July 29, 2013, 01:06:10 PM
i see 2 major problems:

1. you have no trust
2. there are many well established competitors.

waste of time & money IMO
July 29, 2013, 01:03:23 PM
Hello,

My name is Pete. I am the lead dev at CoinedUp.com, which is a new crypto-only currency exchange. I am here to participate in exchange related discussions and also to build a reputation for CoinedUp.com

As for the company, we have quite a few site improvements in the works, and an interesting secondary project which I may discuss in later posts.

Thanks,
Pete
Pages:
Jump to: